Page 211 of 380 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 5698

I guess that is just the difference then. I am willing to see him in another book even if he doesn't get much focus just to bring a little more attention to the character so his solo might stick around longer because I want to see Asmus finally get to write his Gambit in larger more interesting stories. I mean I'd be very surprised if his book lasts the rest of the year and maybe more exposure in other higher profile titles would help curve that decline some.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I guess that is just the difference then. I am willing to see him in another book even if he doesn't get much focus just to bring a little more attention to the character so his solo might stick around longer because I want to see Asmus finally get to write his Gambit in larger more interesting stories. I mean I'd be very surprised if his book lasts the rest of the year and maybe more exposure in other higher profile titles would help curve that decline some.
    If Gambit Solo last longer than the other books i'll be glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    I'm so sick of writers who are suppose to be professionals not being able to use a character in an interesting guest way unless they think they are the cat's meow. Grow the frig up. I love my job overall BUT I do stuff every day in my job AND do it well even when I absolutely HATE doing it - not just am not interested. I'm not asking for Gambit to become a team member. This goes for X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Cable and X-Force. Gambit could be a useful crossover appearance in any of them.
    IA - a guest appearance would not be so hard. XML could pull that off quite well, it just couldn't showcase the core characters, but absolutely. Why not WATXM, Gambit's a drinkin' bud of Wolvies, being in a story arc there wouldn't be all that hard to do.

I am very happy we've got a Gambit solo given how poorly the characters been written for nearly 10 years now but as someone hoping to see Gambit long term not just short term, I'd like to see some more interaction as a character as well. Yes Remydat, I'm not just willing to settle.
    Yeah, I'll deal, but I also don't want to settle either. And there is no reason to settle. Sure, we could be defeatist and say, Marvel won't - doesn't mean we have to take that laying down though. Gambit fans work hard at making themselves heard all the time. This is not a new concept. And there is nothing wrong with wanting more. IA.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think the exposure helps with promotion. Gambit doesn't need to star but his appearances would actually help his solo. Top of mind awareness. Astonishing is fine but thats just it, its fine. I like it too but, more team type stuff would go along way for Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Me too brother, me too!
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

Me too. I hope Asmus will tell us some good news in x-position

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43196
    X-position with Asmus!
    I am happy that Asmus answered my questions) I hope we will have more nhan 17 issues) I like art in issue 8 and Gambit"s strange suit)

No its not. It is an X-Men team book with THREE of the main Gambit friends in the X-Men. Storm, Jubilee and Rogue - not just Rogue. The question he was asked was about Gambit not Rogue and followed a huge bunch of questions about Jubilee. Rogue was never mentioned. So hell no is not the appropriate response unless it hell no to all the male X-Men. When he says hell no to Iceman and Cannonball and Wolverine then its appropriate.

I agree with Badou. Yes it is clear that Marvel and way too many of the writers have no real interest in Gambit but just taking what we get doesn't make me feel any better about it. X-Men is suppose to be a group of books about the X-Men teams and X-Men specifically brought up their relationships not just romantic ones. To say Gambit would never interact with Storm in it where she is the leader of the team I find completely ignoring a main friendship she's had for ages and seems childish to do so so outright. What made Claremont's X-Men in the 80s so good was the friendships NOT the sex and romances. Does anyone really look back at that time and remember any romance except the death of Jean? No they don't. Longshot/Dazzler, Storm/Forge none of them had any impact on the readership in any major way. I hope to see the friendships between the team members but to ignore old friendships is just silly.

If anything, I find it sad that the book focuses on a baby and naturally that fits with it being all female.
    And you have no idea what he was thinking when he said it. It doesn't matter if the previous 1000 tweets were about Jubillee. If he thought Rogue when the name Gambit came up the the response is fine by me. He's human, he is allowed to have strong opinions about FICTIONAL CHARACTERS whether we like it or not.

And Marvel is allowed to treat THEIR FICTIONAL CHARACTERS like crap. There are hundreds if not thousands of mutants. They all can't get focus. You can say it is bad business they treat a popular character like Gambit like crap but it is their bad decision to make.

My point is when a guy has a solo and is in a team book while other characters other fans like are in limbo or dead, continuing to complain gets a bit much. We are not entitled to anything. You don't have to settle and it is perfectly fine to want more but there comes a point where you need to accept the things you can't change.

I'm so sick of writers who are suppose to be professionals not being able to use a character in an interesting guest way unless they think they are the cat's meow. Grow the frig up. I love my job overall BUT I do stuff every day in my job AND do it well even when I absolutely HATE doing it - not just am not interested. I'm not asking for Gambit to become a team member. This goes for X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Cable and X-Force. Gambit could be a useful crossover appearance in any of them.

Which he could quickly become again if he gets left off as just a side story character with little attachment to the core universe - Marvel or X-Men.

I am very happy we've got a Gambit solo given how poorly the characters been written for nearly 10 years now but as someone hoping to see Gambit long term not just short term, I'd like to see some more interaction as a character as well. Yes Remydat, I'm not just willing to settle.
    Show me comic book professional standards that say you have to write about characters you don't like just because fans want you to. Comic writers have hundreds of characters to choose from. Some fanbase is always going to be upset their character didn't make the cut. Sorry, I only do things at my job that I don't like when it is required.

And I would like to go home tonight and have 2 lovely ladies waiting for me but that shit aint going to happen, lol. Gambit will not be appearing in a main book. Life sucks. Get over it. And I say that not to be a dick but that is how life works. Few people get everything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I think the exposure helps with promotion. Gambit doesn't need to star but his appearances would actually help his solo. Top of mind awareness. Astonishing is fine but thats just it, its fine. I like it too but, more team type stuff would go along way for Gambit.
    I don't think Gambit getting punched in the face helps promotion. Do people honestly think Bendis, Aaron or any of the other writers in the main books will write Gambit well? And worse you want to risk them pulling a Cap on him just so he can be seen?

Be real people. Unless a writer says he likes the character, they should stay away. Any gain you think can be gained is outweighed by the the potential damage these clowns can do.

And let me apologise, I know the above sounds harsh or overly aggressive but don't take that as me saying your opinions don't have merit. They do and I like any Gambit fan want more. But I chose that tone because I think a dose of reality is needed here. We are not getting more Gambit guys.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I don't think Gambit getting punched in the face helps promotion. Do people honestly think Bendis, Aaron or any of the other writers in the main books will write Gambit well? And worse you want to risk them pulling a Cap on him just so he can be seen?

Be real people. Unless a writer says he likes the character, they should stay away. Any gain you think can be gained is outweighed by the the potential damage these clowns can do.
    Gambit HAS been apart of teams in various books. Uncanny with Spiderman for one and he wasn't decimated in anyway. He didn't do anything stupid or out of character. His role was small yes, but he was in character, and funny thing was he was shirtless in one issue too.

Of course I don't want a writer who doesn't want to write him to have the pen over Gambit. You are right they should stay away, but you only mentioned the writers who don't want to write him. There are a few that do, they just haven't lobbied for him and there hasn't really been a reason to. Yes, its moot.

Still doesn't change the desire for more or wishful thinking of it. This is what fans talk about almost all of the time. This isn't any different.

They aren't marketing well, and will that change, No. Will it matter in the end, most likely not. The book will succeed or fail regardless.

We are not getting more Gambit guys.
    No one is debating you on that. No one is refuting it.

But we don't need to debate it anymore if thats all good with you. Or that is I'm not going to.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-15-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Gambit HAS been apart of teams in various books. Uncanny with Spiderman for one and he wasn't decimated in anyway. He didn't do anything stupid or out of character. His role was small yes, but he was in character, and funny thing was he was shirtless in one issue too.

Of course I don't want a writer who doesn't want to write him to have the pen over Gambit. You are right they should stay away, but you only mentioned the writers who don't want to write him. There are a few that do, they just haven't lobbied for him and there hasn't really been a reason to. Yes, its moot.

Still doesn't change the desire for more or wishful thinking of it. This is what fans talk about almost all of the time. This isn't any different.

They aren't marketing well, and will that change, No. Will it matter in the end, most likely not. The book will succeed or fail regardless.

No one is debating you on that. No one is refuting it.

But we don't need to debate it anymore if thats all good with you. Or that is I'm not going to.
    My opinion on the matter shouldn't dissuade someone if that is what they really want to discuss. I just hate to see it because it just comes off as Racky LeBeauish. Marvel doesn't like us guys, get over it and stop pining for their attention. Yes I know people rationalise it as pining for more Gambit but the reality is by extension you are pining for Marvel to pay attention to you.

I don't support Marvel. I support Liu and Asmus because they have earned it. I will support Hopeless if that Gambit crossover happens because he expressed an interest in the character. Hell I might end up supporting AoA or XXM if those writers do right by Gambit during their crossover. But wasting my time wishing Marvel would promote Gambit or other writers in the main books would write him when it is clear how they feel. Nah. Not worth my time. Fuck em I say. I have more pride than that.

So in my own inarticulate way, I was trying to say we need to stop being Racky. We deserve better and when it is clear we are not getting it then we need to forget about Rogue and move on, lol.
    Last edited by remydat; 01-15-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

My opinion on the matter shouldn't dissuade someone if that is what they really want to discuss. I just hate to see it because it just comes off as Racky LeBeauish. Marvel doesn't like us guys, get over it and stop pining for their attention. Yes I know people rationalise it as pining for more Gambit but the reality is by extension you are pining for Marvel to pay attention to you.
    I can see what your are saying. Though I don't see it as attention getting, that implies that Marvel actually pays attention to what is said in a fan forum - imo, they don't.

I don't support Marvel. I support Liu and Asmus because they have earned it. I will support Hopeless if that Gambit crossover happens because he expressed an interest in the character. Hell I might end up supporting AoA or XXM if those writers do right by Gambit during their crossover. But wasting my time wishing Marvel would promote Gambit or other writers in the main books would write him when it is clear how they feel. Nah. Not worth my time. Fuck em I say. I have more pride than that.
    Thats fine, it always comes down to the individual and how they want to waste time

I support Gambit, Liu and Asmus benefit from that because they write him. LOL

If Gambit shows up somewhere else, I'll spend the time on it but not on a cameo. I have quit comics when Gambit went into limbo. Other projects for any writer no matter how much I like them won't translate to dollars if its not Gambit. LOL. I'm very singular in that respect.

So in my own inarticulate way, I was trying to say we need to stop being Racky. We deserve better and when it is clear we are not getting it then we need to forget about Rogue and move on, lol.
    IA we do deserve better.

I can see what your are saying. Though I don't see it as attention getting, that implies that Marvel actually pays attention to what is said in a fan forum - imo, they don't.

Thats fine, it always comes down to the individual and how they want to waste time

I support Gambit, Liu and Asmus benefit from that because they write him. LOL

If Gambit shows up somewhere else, I'll spend the time on it but not on a cameo. I have quit comics when Gambit went into limbo. Other projects for any writer no matter how much I like them won't translate to dollars if its not Gambit. LOL. I'm very singular in that respect.

IA we do deserve better.
    Oh I am sure Marvel whether it be writers, interns, etc lurk around forums from time to time but fair enough.

The only non-Gambit book I read is XML because I like what they have done with Legion. As for other Gambit appearences, I buy AXM for Gambit but the Annual that Gage wrote? Nope, I just read a friend's copy. Marvel could give Gage, Carey or Remender the right to write a story revealing Gambit's parents and it could be the greatest Gambit story ever written and I wouldn't buy it but just flick through it at the storey. It is too easy for me to read a story without paying for it for me to give money to writers I feel don't repect the character no matter how meaningful the Gambit appearance.
    Last edited by remydat; 01-15-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43196
    X-position with Asmus!
    I am happy that Asmus answered my questions) I hope we will have more nhan 17 issues) I like art in issue 8 and Gambit"s strange suit)
    I'm glad that he answered my question but kind of bummed on no new for Marrow but i hope that question help put it in though. And Gambit flirting with hot Super Villain babes. And in the great words of Jamie from Megas XLR.... Nice!

That's the way you see it. I see it as noting and wanting Marvel to do their job and promote a solo book like they should. You mentioned Gambit and talked about so many other characters not being used. Those characters do no have solo titles that Marvel should be trying to sell and to do that they they should give the character the same exposure they can - like they have Hawkeye. That's not asking for their attention, its stating a good business practice they seem devoid of. You don't start a solo title by having the main character look like a chump to your sacred cow character repeatedly like they did in AxV. Its poor business sense.

I don't support Marvel.
    I don't either. My comic buys have slipped to nothing. I use to pick up way more x-books than Gambit was in but I don't any more. I completely skipped all of AvX.

I do love Asmus enthusiasm for the character in his interview and hope we can get to the hints about Gambit heritage and working with other MU characters after the next few arcs.

Its not a defeatist attitude accepting things as they are. I mean this is the way of things
    Gambit most likely will get cancelled in the future,relaunched(longshot), or he'll be shunted off to another team book to compensate. I don't want to say Sales mean little because ultimately for solo titles they do mean a lot but if he appears in a team book that sells 50k its not gonna cause more people to run out and buy a Gambit trade.
    If the solo is gone in the future I imagine most will be asking writers who aren't interested in using him to stick him in somewhere.

The determining factor in people wanting to use Gambit is down to quality if Asmus tells some really good stories that define the character over all decade long period of him not being used they'll take notice.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

I'm glad that he answered my question but kind of bummed on no new for Marrow but i hope that question help put it in though. And Gambit flirting with hot Super Villain babes. And in the great words of Jamie from Megas XLR.... Nice!
    Gambit saved Marrow from Marauders when she was liitle? If that was she, so she remember this?

Marrow hasn't given any indication that she does remember. At least, not that I'm aware of.

The whole discussion about Gambit in other books feels like 'we should be grateful vs wanting more'. I have a different take. While I am grateful for solo, I do want him to be seen in a core title. As I see some have said, the handwriting is on the wall. With no support from Marvel and sales dropping with the solo, it's probably not going to last past this year and with no writer wanting to write him, he'll be in limbo. Because AXM sales aren't that great either which will warrant either a cancellation or (more likely) a relaunch with a new writer and since Gambit's not a fav amongst most writers, we won't have him in that either.

While sales aren't that important to us reading the book, it's important to Marvel. With none of the current writers with the core books caring for him, we're looking at limbo or worse yet, a Jean/Nightcrawler send-off. So while I don't think his presence in a core book is essential to up sales in his solo or just wanting more Gambit, I also don't see the 'just be grateful' thing either, because, all in all, he'll NEED a writer to use him by the end of this year or he's basically gone.