Page 207 of 380 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5690

Still not really sold on the new girl in his solo. She is just so bland/dull and I can't get invested in her character. Maybe the upcoming arc will change that, but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Still not really sold on the new girl in his solo. She is just so bland/dull and I can't get invested in her character. Maybe the upcoming arc will change that, but I don't know.
    Possibly and I understand your sentiment. I also hope the new arc does more with her. For me, I don't need to worry about her background stuff. I don't need to say, oh is she gonna crap on him like other women have or one in particular? The answer is no, because she is Asmus' creation.

In his solo, women better be a helleva lot better in treatment of him than we've seen in the last 8 or more years in team books.

Is she bland or dull? I dunno. For me she is just different enough and its enough for me to give her a chance because his love life has sucked for far too long. I don't want him defined by the female in his life, how about it be about him. IMO.

I like Joelle because there is absolutely no damage she can do to him that is long term in the books. If they fight - they fight, if they hook up, its not permanent but an enjoyable fling. It's not harmful no matter what happens to Remy or his character.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-05-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Possibly and I understand your sentiment. I also hope the new arc does more with her. For me, I don't need to worry about her background stuff. I don't need to say, oh is she gonna crap on him like other women have or one in particular? The answer is no, because she is Asmus' creation.

In his solo, women better be a helleva lot better in treatment of him than we've seen in the last 8 or more years in team books.

Is she bland or dull? I dunno. For me she is just different enough and its enough for me to give her a chance because his love life has sucked for far too long. I don't want him defined by the female in his life, how about it be about him. IMO.

I like Joelle because there is absolutely no damage she can do to him that is long term in the books. If they fight - they fight, if they hook up, its not permanent but an enjoyable fling. It's not harmful no matter what happens to Remy or his character.
    Joelle character has a lot of mystery which is very similar to Remy's. That is something which will make the pair interesting as well as the storyline.

Neko, your avatar is so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Joelle character has a lot of mystery which is very similar to Remy's. That is something which will make the pair interesting as well as the storyline.
    There is that too which I like and they both like to "acquire" things giving them some commonality which I also find to be fun. They could go on a heist and afterwards enjoy the spoils in any way they deemed appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Neko, your avatar is so hot.
    Thank you.

Asmus told that crossover between Gambit and Cable and X-Force is possible because he is making something for him (how i understand not very good). Interesting if this crossover will happen and if it will be connected with Hydra or Hydra"s aftermath
    Last edited by purplevit; 01-07-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Agree. We know nothing about her so she can easily and will bring a lot of problems with her mystery. And Asmus can kill her anytime he wants) It can make some drama too)

Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    Agree. We know nothing about her so she can easily and will bring a lot of problems with her mystery. And Asmus can kill her anytime he wants) It can make some drama too)
    Asmus will definitely play for a while with Joelle character, not reveal all of her secrets which makes her quite an interesting aspects in the series.

If Joelle becomes a part of his supporting cast it would be nice since she's definitely not human from what I can tell. It expands Gambit's world some more to go around thieving with aliens and demons.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    If Joelle becomes a part of his supporting cast it would be nice since she's definitely not human from what I can tell. It expands Gambit's world some more to go around thieving with aliens and demons.
    Not human? That woulld be interesting. Why do you think that she is an alien or demon?

Not human? That woulld be interesting. Why do you think that she is an alien or demon?
    In Gambit #4 and they both went through the portal, Gambit was affected by the dragon world he was in, he was having a hard time breathing. It's why he covered his face with his shirt. He's coughing and Joelle is breathing with no problem at all.
    Joelle says "I would have been fine."
    Gambit replies "You're not kiddin, are you? in fact I was chokin' out there in seconds but it didn' throw you one bit. I know you ain't a regular girl ..."
    He later says, "who are you, what are you?"

All of this leads you to believe that she is more than just human. The other realm could mean she is an alien, demon or mutant, guess it will be to Asmus to define it. :)
    Last edited by Neko; 01-07-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Living is easy with eyes red eyes's Avatar

Double post

Living is easy with eyes red eyes's Avatar

Asmus told that crossover between Gambit and Cable and X-Force is possible because he is making something for him (how i understand not very good). Interesting if this crossover will happen and if it will be connected with Hydra or Hydra"s aftermath
    Was that on Twitter a while ago?

Quote Originally Posted by red eyes View Post
    Was that on Twitter a while ago?
    Yes) on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    In Gambit #4 and they both went through the portal, Gambit was affected by the dragon world he was in, he was having a hard time breathing. It's why he covered his face with his shirt. He's coughing and Joelle is breathing with no problem at all.
    Joelle says "I would have been fine."
    Gambit replies "You're not kiddin, are you? in fact I was chokin' out there in seconds but it didn' throw you one bit. I know you ain't a regular girl ..."
    He later says, "who are you, what are you?"

All of this leads you to believe that she is more than just human. The other realm could mean she is an alien, demon or mutant, guess it will be to Asmus to define it. :)
    Wow) So i hope she is an alien. It is more interesting idea than demon or mutant for me and that means (if she is an ALIEN) that Gambit will be an astronaut soon) Star Wars is coming)