Page 205 of 380 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5690

I don't have a scan but I know which issue he/she's talking about. Sinister had captured gambit, bishop and beast (who at the time was dark beast in disguise) they were all chained up, gambit start screaming like he's hurt and sinister unlocks him to see what's wrong. Dark beast sees this and thinks to himself why does sinister care about gambit's health. That's pretty much it. This was before 350 and the mm reveal and I don't dark beast told anyone about his 'suspicions'.

Issue numbers if it helps, though Purplevit, had one of those already.
    Xmen (Vol 2) #52
    Mark Waid story titled "Collector's Item". Gambit/Dark Beast/Bishop story with Sinister. Showing Sinister's concern for Gambit's health.

Apocalypse and "unique heritage", Xmen (vol 2) #184

Weapon X: First Class #3 Sinister hiring teen Gambit to get a diary, that Gambit later destroys.

Xmen Prime: Gambit's coma

XMen (Vol 2) 45 - where Sinister shows up to talk to Gambit

Those should get you all the stuff you are looking for, there is only one issue I can't find at the moment and well, I'm done looking for now. Anyway - there you go - evidence. Uncannyxmen.net is great for this sort of thing btw.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Issue numbers if it helps, though Purplevit, had one of those already.
    Xmen (Vol 2) #52
    Mark Waid story titled "Collector's Item". Gambit/Dark Beast/Bishop story with Sinister. Showing Sinister's concern for Gambit's health.

Apocalypse and "unique heritage", Xmen (vol 2) #184

Weapon X: First Class #3 Sinister hiring teen Gambit to get a diary, that Gambit later destroys.

Xmen Prime: Gambit's coma

XMen (Vol 2) 45 - where Sinister shows up to talk to Gambit

Those should get you all the stuff you are looking for, there is only one issue I can't find at the moment and well, I'm done looking for now. Anyway - there you go - evidence. Uncannyxmen.net is great for this sort of thing btw.
    Thanks for classic stories) Can't wait to see what Asmus will bring in 2013

Just read again Xmen (vol 2) #184 about that heritage. During #183 and #184 Apocalypse few times said Mighty Gambit and told that with such unique heritage he should have been a leader of x-men. So this is not something material. Asmus told that Remy is not a clone but i think (my theory) that he was born with some Sinister"s modifications like DNA from the most powerfull mutants,their knowledge or experience but had not developed it because he was stollen and raised among the thieves. Or something like that) Maybe he is in some way like Grunt from Mass Effect 2) How do you think?

So these are the picture evidence. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X-Men184-028.jpg   xmen_v2_052_15_rougher.jpg  

Wanted to wish you guys a Happy New Year! It'll be an interesting one for our Cajun :)

Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    Just read again Xmen (vol 2) #184 about that heritage. During #183 and #184 Apocalypse few times said Mighty Gambit and told that with such unique heritage he should have been a leader of x-men. So this is not something material. Asmus told that Remy is not a clone but i think (my theory) that he was born with some Sinister"s modifications like DNA from the most powerfull mutants,their knowledge or experience but had not developed it because he was stollen and raised among the thieves. Or something like that) Maybe he is in some way like Grunt from Mass Effect 2) How do you think?
    The problem though is that Apocalypse comment about his unique heritage should have made him leader of the X-men doesn't really mesh with Sinister modifying him in some way. Even if Sinister had modified him to be the perfect mutant which I suspose is possible if the idea was New Sun Gambit ie his powers fully realised, being Sinisters experiment doesn't really make him fit to lead the X-men and in fact would be a hindrance if anyone knew.

More than anything Unique Heritage would seem to suggest something about his parentage would make him fit to lead ie he was descended from the first mutant or some mutant leader of the past. I suppose the other possibility that fits is Apocalypse would view himself as a mutant leader not Sinister so if Gambit was somehow Apocalypse's experiment or perhaps a descendent of En Sabar Nur then that heritage would make him fit in Apocalypse's eyes to be a leader of the X-men. Or the other possibility being the Celestials were somehow involved or had plans for Gambit eg Gambit fully powered being a candidate for becoming a celestial ala Franklin Richards because with them being the creators of mutants, Gambit somehow being connected to them again makes his heritage such that he would be fit to rule the X-men. In both those scenarios Sinister's interest in him could be explained by Gambit's connection to Apocalypse and/or the Celestials both groups Sinister would have a deep interest in.

Of course, Sinister's interest and Apocalypse's comments were likely two separate things that were not meant to be connected but just thinking about ways you could mesh the two into a coherent story.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    I love that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    Wanted to wish you guys a Happy New Year! It'll be an interesting one for our Cajun :)
    Thanks, and i wish you guys a Happy New Year too) Issue 10 cover is amazing. On this cover Gambit is dark and mysterious like in 90"s
    Last edited by purplevit; 01-03-2013 at 03:20 AM.

With what Apocalypse said, I do agree in a sense. I always wondered why Gambit did not get leadership roles because I felt like he had the talent for it. I think it would be a fun read for his unorthodox ideas/leadership like when Wolvie helped him out in New Orleans or when he led the team with Storm, Jean, Cable, and Beast. I here he is playing a little leadership in astonishing, but I am unable to read it until the art gets a bit better. I think partially why its easy for Gambit to slip into the background in team books is because he mainly shines when he is the one making decisions, and that does not happen often.

Also, on a more random note; am I the only person whose favorite "never-to-happen" pairing is Jean Grey? I got into a discussion with some friends and apparently I'm the only who thinks it could of worked.
    Last edited by Askia32; 01-03-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post

Also, on a more random note; am I the only person whose favorite "never-to-happen" pairing is Jean Grey? I got into a discussion with some friends and apparently I'm the only who thinks it could of worked.
    I do not think he and Jean could be a good pairing. As for me she is a little bit too boring for him, and he need some crazy girl but not Frenzy) I would like to see him with x 23 but i also like them as friends

There is Mysterio on issue 9 cover but right now he is captured in prison in ultimate universe. He is not in 616 anymore. He was teleportated to another universe

Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    It's not my favorite but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this. Jean needs a little fun in her life because she is just too damn serious and Gambit would be a good person to give it to her, lol.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    There is Mysterio on issue 9 cover but right now he is captured in prison in ultimate universe. He is not in 616 anymore. He was teleportated to another universe
    The solo could be before or after that as I thought it was mentioned that the solo might actually be taking place before AvX.