Page 204 of 380 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 5690

I actually really like Neves' art. I wouldn't mind it if he and Mann rotated throughout the series. It's the other guy's art that I'm not very fond of.

In fact - and I know this is gonna sound crazy to some of you - I prefer Neves in some respects. For example: while Mann is great at making Gambit look sexy, one thing that Neves defintely has over him (imo) is that his Gambit actually has facial expressions. I also found it a bit easier to tell what was going on in Neves' art. NOT that I'm complaining about Mann. His art is still awesome. Just had to put that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by katie_girl09 View Post
    I actually really like Neves' art. I wouldn't mind it if he and Mann rotated throughout the series. It's the other guy's art that I'm not very fond of.

In fact - and I know this is gonna sound crazy to some of you - I prefer Neves in some respects. For example: while Mann is great at making Gambit look sexy, one thing that Neves defintely has over him (imo) is that his Gambit actually has facial expressions. I also found it a bit easier to tell what was going on in Neves' art. NOT that I'm complaining about Mann. His art is still awesome. Just had to put that out there.
    You do have a point to that, and also i agree that both should be the artist for Gambit solo.

And a fun way to wrap up the year - James Asmus did an interview for the Gambit Guild. He even did some extra questions.
    http://www.gambitguild.com/GGForum/i...p?topic=3878.0
    Enjoy.

I like Neves art, I like Mann better but I enjoy both. Hoping Ferry's art is up to par as well. :) Guess we'll find out in Jan though.
    Last edited by Neko; 12-30-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

I do not understend few answers from an interview.
    1 Do you plan on delving into any of Gambit's as of yet unseen history? He's a mysterious character and there's a lot we still don't know about his past, such as his 'unique heritage' that Apocalypse once referred to.
    Working on part of that. Hope we get there!

What is this 'unique heritage'? And when it was said?

2 What is your opinion of Deathbit?
    I’m fine with it, but that story should be told in an X-Men book not this one.

Deathbit is his death persona?
    If it should be told in an X-Men book so it would never be told, but maybe in astonishing. I would like to see it.
    Last edited by purplevit; 12-30-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    I do not understend few answers from an interview.
    1 Do you plan on delving into any of Gambit's as of yet unseen history? He's a mysterious character and there's a lot we still don't know about his past, such as his 'unique heritage' that Apocalypse once referred to.

What is this 'unique heritage'? And when it was said?

2 What is your opinion of Deathbit?
    I’m fine with it, but that story should be told in an X-Men book not this one.

Deathbit is his death persona?
    If it should be told in an X-Men book so it would never be told, but maybe in astonishing. I would like to see it.

Asmus wants to do something with Gambit's history or build on something, he just isn't telling us what yet, so folks are trying to see if he'll give us any hint.

The Apocalypse question was in regards to a Milligan issue when Gambit went to Pocy and became the Horseman Death - Xmen #184 is when Apocalypse mentions Gambit's unique heritage. But nothing more is said nor alluded to what that heritage could be.

I suppose if Astonishing wanted to deal with Deathbit Liu could. In X23, Gambit did say to Hellion - "you can't kill Death boy".

If I remember correctly, Liu wanted to deal with it and was told no, but that was before she got the Astonishing book, perhaps someone should ask her again. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post

I suppose if Astonishing wanted to deal with Deathbit Liu could. In X23, Gambit did say to Hellion - "you can't kill Death boy".

If I remember correctly, Liu wanted to deal with it and was told no, but that was before she got the Astonishing book, perhaps someone should ask her again. :)
    That would be interesting but there are no such character in astonishing as X 23 or Rogue who are close to Gambit. In Dark Angel Saga there was Psylocke. But i hope if Death persona will appear in astonishing it would be interesting and different from what we had seen. But i forgot about Cece)
    Last edited by purplevit; 12-30-2012 at 09:19 AM.

That would be interesting but there are no such character in astonishing as X 23 or Rogue who are close to Gambit. In Dark Angel Saga there was Psylocke. But i hope if Death persona will appear in astonishing it would be interesting and different from what we had seen. But i forget about Cece)
    I do not understand your statement. You'll have to help me out. :)

Julian Keller is codenamed Hellion - In X23 #17 - Hellion and Gambit have words where Hellion threatens Gambit. Hellion says: "I will kill you first". Gambit's reply is "You can't kill Death boy. But go ahead and try"

This exchange alludes to Gambit's death persona. Which was also touched upon in Xmen Legacy but nothing was done with the plot, it was a dangler that was never resolved.

Deathbit is just an affectionate name thing some fans call Gambit's death persona. Which does go back to when he became the Horseman Death. So, I guess you are right there is no "Deathbit" character per say. But that term does refer to Gambit's death persona.
    Last edited by Neko; 12-30-2012 at 09:28 AM.

I do not understand your statement. You'll have to help me out. :)
    I was trying to say that if Gambit will appear as Death in Astonishing i would like to see some characters like x23 or Rogue trying to make him normal again. Or some characters that really cares about him. In astonishing i suppose it is only Cece but in annual they all were like little family)

I was trying to say that if Gambit will appear as Death in Astonishing i would like to see some characters like x23 or Rogue trying to make him normal again. Or some characters that really cares about him. In astonishing i suppose it is only Cece but in annual they all were like little family)
    Now I understand what you mean. LOL. I don't see either character X23 or Rogue making an appearance in Astonishing, but I suppose it could happen. I just don't think anyone is gonna touch that plot point anymore but that is just me. :)

However, Asmus was clear he wouldn't touch that in the solo. So, I'm thinking that plot point is moot. Of course perhaps in the X-Position Liu does for CBR, someone could submit a question on the plot point and see if she has interest in it. Or perhaps, Marvel editorial has just said its done and over with and not touch it at all.
    Last edited by Neko; 12-30-2012 at 10:26 AM.

From interview: Do you plan on delving into any of Gambit's as of yet unseen history? He's a mysterious character and there's a lot we still don't know about his past, such as his 'unique heritage' that Apocalypse once referred to.
    I already heard that Asmus asked if he can may tell some old secrets but i hope he wouldnot make Gambit as Cyclops brother. Also Asmus told that Gambit is not a clone of Sinister) But in this story about Gambit"s past i would like to see Sinister"s appearence.

I just don't think anyone is gonna touch that plot point anymore but that is just me. :)
    I think you are right but hope you are not because i would like to see how Gambit will manage this problem) And i a little bit upset that Asmus wouldn't touch that in the solo. But he is right it must be in x-book

From interview: Do you plan on delving into any of Gambit's as of yet unseen history? He's a mysterious character and there's a lot we still don't know about his past, such as his 'unique heritage' that Apocalypse once referred to.
    I already heard that Asmus asked if he can may tell some old secrets but i hope he would not make Gambit as Cyclops brother. Also Asmus told that Gambit is not a clone of Sinister) But in this story about Gambit"s past i would like to see Sinister"s appearance.
    Yeah, I got the impression from the beginning before the solo was launched that Asmus was not a fan of clones. Since that was the story idea the other writer was going to use and Asmus told Marvel, no. That he had a better idea. And I like Asmus' ideas. I just don't care or even like the whole clone thing. Cheapens the character a little bit imo.

Old secrets would be great and some mysticism with heritage would be fun. I think the only thing he's gonna concentrate on is the "unique heritage' part, not so much Poccy or Sinister, but considering how both of those bad guys have an interest in Gambit generally, it could be interesting.

I think you are right but hope you are not because i would like to see how Gambit will manage this problem) And i a little bit upset that Asmus wouldn't touch that in the solo. But he is right it must be in x-book
    It could be he sees it as done over with. It was swept under, then sort of addressed globally for Gambit and Wolverine with the Dark Angel thing. I just think for it to be dealt with now, the only one who can deal with it is Liu. And she doesn't have to if she doesn't because of the Dark Angel storyline.

I also agree with the plot being handled in an X book because it was created there it should be finished there. I really hate it when a solo title has to fix plot points from a main book because the writers won't deal with it.

I found some interesting thoughts about Gambit"s past on gambitguild:
    In the Weapon X: Gambit web comic they showed Sinister planning Gambit's role in the Mutant Massacre since he was 13 years old. Apocalypse said something about Gambit's 'unique heritage' before turning him into Death. I think (but don't quote me) that right after Age of Apocalypse when Gambit went looking for Rogue, Sinister got angry with some assistant for not telling him that Gambit had left the X Mansion, then personally went looking for him. And when Gambit teamed up with Bishop and (Dark) Beast, Sinister was particularly worried about whether or not Gambit was in good health (does anybody have scans for this? I've never read this issue). During X-men Legacy you hear Sinister say that he and Gambit were like "Father and son" and really recently under Liu's pen, Sinister told Gambit something along the lines of "Fancy meeting you here in one of my secret labs where I totally clone people. How lovely and ironic". And also a while back during The End you just had Claremont come right out and say that Sinister created Gambit as his ultimate weapon to use against Apocalypse. If you leave the word 'clone' out of that, it's a pretty cool theory.

So we know that Gambit is not a clone but maybe Asmus would say for what or why Sinister was always planning Gambit's life. And Sinister was really taking an interest in Gambit"s health in x-men vol 2 #52 so he need Gambit or care about him)
    Last edited by purplevit; 12-30-2012 at 12:39 PM.

I found some interesting thoughts about Gambit"s past on gambitguild:
    In the Weapon X: Gambit web comic they showed Sinister planning Gambit's role in the Mutant Massacre since he was 13 years old. Apocalypse said something about Gambit's 'unique heritage' before turning him into Death. I think (but don't quote me) that right after Age of Apocalypse when Gambit went looking for Rogue, Sinister got angry with some assistant for not telling him that Gambit had left the X Mansion, then personally went looking for him. And when Gambit teamed up with Bishop and (Dark) Beast, Sinister was particularly worried about whether or not Gambit was in good health (does anybody have scans for this? I've never read this issue). During X-men Legacy you hear Sinister say that he and Gambit were like "Father and son" and really recently under Liu's pen, Sinister told Gambit something along the lines of "Fancy meeting you here in one of my secret labs where I totally clone people. How lovely and ironic". And also a while back during The End you just had Claremont come right out and say that Sinister created Gambit as his ultimate weapon to use against Apocalypse. If you leave the word 'clone' out of that, it's a pretty cool theory.

So we know that Gambit is not a clone but maybe Asmus would say for what or why Sinister was always planning Gambit's life. And Sinister was really taking an interest in Gambit"s health in x-men vol 2 #52 so he need Gambit or care about him)

This is the best thing i've read so far, now i'm just wondering for picture evidence of each facts you just stated on Gambit relation with Sinister and Apocy!

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    This is the best thing i've read so far, now i'm just wondering for picture evidence of each facts you just stated on Gambit relation with Sinister and Apocy!
    Sorry i do not have any picture evidence because it is not my thougts. I found it on gambitguild. I only saw when in x-men vol 2 #52 Gambit screamed about false agony pain and Sinister tried to halp him. So Gambit tricked him. And then AOA Beast or Best thought "why is sinister taking an interest in gambit"s health?"