Page 200 of 380 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 5690

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd put money on her saying the line "I don't know" or "I'm not ready" again. Just not looking forward to this arc even with Mann back.
    Rogue will appear only in 2 issues from 4. I suppose it will be issues 11 and 12 so if you do not like Rogue issues 9 and 10 still will be good. But i hope that all arc would be great

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    I consider those two runs the darkest days for a Gambit fan, Carey had some bright spots with Gambit, problem was he got too obsessed with Magneto (God knows him in Uncanny wasn't enough). Austin/Milligan really just sucked all the fun out of Gambit's personality,and I am almost certain it was done intentionally.

From Gambit being blinded to Deathbit, it was kinda a upsetting time to be a Gambit fan.
    Things are alot better now with the solo, and some good Gambit moments in Astonishing; but I still want to see Remy more involved in the X-Men themselves, with so many x-books being launched with b-c list characters getting more significant roles and pushes, it's just annoying.

For example ( in Cable&X-Force, you have both Forge and Dr.Nemesis who share a very similar role, BUT they are on the other end of the spectrum PERSONALITY wise, so let's explore that . Just a example, I am not sure if that book would be a good fit, but damn let's see Gambit be more active with the X-Men other than him giving relationship advice to Kyle in Astonishing.
    I agree, it's time X-Men also give Gambit credit how many times he gave his all for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    I consider those two runs the darkest days for a Gambit fan, Carey had some bright spots with Gambit, problem was he got too obsessed with Magneto (God knows him in Uncanny wasn't enough). Austin/Milligan really just sucked all the fun out of Gambit's personality,and I am almost certain it was done intentionally.

From Gambit being blinded to Deathbit, it was kinda a upsetting time to be a Gambit fan.
    Things are alot better now with the solo, and some good Gambit moments in Astonishing; but I still want to see Remy more involved in the X-Men themselves, with so many x-books being launched with b-c list characters getting more significant roles and pushes, it's just annoying.

For example ( in Cable&X-Force, you have both Forge and Dr.Nemesis who share a very similar role, BUT they are on the other end of the spectrum PERSONALITY wise, so let's explore that . Just a example, I am not sure if that book would be a good fit, but damn let's see Gambit be more active with the X-Men other than him giving relationship advice to Kyle in Astonishing.
    Oh certainly, and there was much wrong with Milligan/Austen's runs but the post I made was in reference to Rogue's attitude towards Gambit , not really about the writers work on Gambit himself.

Agreed on wanting to see Remy in the main MU again. Would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    Rogue will appear only in 2 issues from 4. I suppose it will be issues 11 and 12 so if you do not like Rogue issues 9 and 10 still will be good. But i hope that all arc would be great

I don't think it will be 2 issues, I think its just one and only issue #11. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    Oh certainly, and there was much wrong with Milligan/Austen's runs but the post I made was in reference to Rogue's attitude towards Gambit , not really about the writers work on Gambit himself.

Agreed on wanting to see Remy in the main MU again. Would be great.
    Her attitude toward Gambit may have been better but it was still pretty bad in general. She was on her wishy washy road even back then. She couldn't get past her emotional turmoil with her powers, considered Pulse, and was an ass toward him about Mystique/Foxx. It was a mixed bag of whatever her mood was for the issue.
    Last edited by Neko; 12-13-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I don't think it will be 2 issues, I think its just one and only issue #11. I could be wrong though.

Her attitude toward Gambit may have been better but it was still pretty bad in general. She was on her wishy washy road even back then. She couldn't get past her emotional turmoil with her powers, considered Pulse, and was an ass toward him about Mystique/Foxx. It was a mixed bag of whatever her mood was for the issue.
    We may have to disagree on this one. She's wishy-washy about things in the relationship but not about her love for Remy (i.e., before the Carey makeover). In any case, at least we can agree that her showing up in #11 may not be a good thing. I'm with you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    We may have to disagree on this one. She's wishy-washy about things in the relationship but not about her love for Remy (i.e., before the Carey makeover). In any case, at least we can agree that her showing up in #11 may not be a good thing. I'm with you on that one.
    Yeah, probably best to agree to disagree. I wouldn't have her show up at all but if it moves his story along that would be nice.

I agree with Neko! I would rather Rogue was not in Gambit's book. I love Gambit and the fact he has his own book is great! He needs the time to focus on what makes him awesome all over again. The R&R thing was fun when it first started a long long time ago. However no one has been able to reproduce that magic. I think mostly because the ideas of both characters have changed. Instead of retreading that path which always get maudlin, let him move on. He is best when he seems charming and sexy on the surface but below is ever so cunning and dark. I want to see that. He can be so much fun and if you bring Rogue in so soon, it has the potential for being heavy handed. He needs to be free. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I agree with Neko! I would rather Rogue was not in Gambit's book. I love Gambit and the fact he has his own book is great! He needs the time to focus on what makes him awesome all over again. The R&R thing was fun when it first started a long long time ago. However no one has been able to reproduce that magic
    My take is that it's been intentionally bad on account of some authors, I mean there is a stark difference between Claremont's Romy in Xtreme X-Men and what we got after, that seemed almost like Trolling Storylines, from Milligan and then Remy degraded into Racky.
    It all come down to effort on the author's part, look how effort Carey tried to put into Magento to make him seem like he had chemistry with Rogue, and I am sure Remember will pour effort into Thor's appeal to Rogue.

So it's not so much a character issue, just people at the office wanting to give us something else than what we expect or or even want. Which is why alot of c-list character are getting major storyline after storyline.

There is a lot of truth that the writers in the last 10 years have not been Gambit fans and it showed in the character development. It is really unfortunate and why I think he is ripe for a full reboot. That includes him being solo and far away from Rogue. There is so much there that is not fun anymore. Personally, I think Rogue would not have pushed Remy away when she got control. But this constant push/pull with them is frustrating and one (usually Gambit) gets the shaft. Maybe he can be great with Rogue eventually, but character wise they are currently not on even footing. He needs his own rediscovery and chance to shine. The whole Rogue thing over-powers him and he gets buried in what happens to her. And this is coming from one of Rogue's biggest fans. Not a hater of R&R, but I like the characters best when they equally shine. Not sure any writer right now could make that happen.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14573

Dere be da preview. Looks like it will be a blast. Petey is pissed as hell and Gambit is about to make his move. Can't wait for this ish to go down.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

More previews of Gambit related books.

A + X 3 - Gambit and Hawkeye get into it over Hawkeye's aim while the bad guy runs off with the girl they are suppose to save, lol

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14564

AXM 57 - Liked how Karma was narrating and I thought it was Warbird. Oh yeah for the Gambit and Cece haters, our boy went and stole her a big ass Ruby for Christmas. I love how Cece wasn't expecting him to meet her at the soup kitchen because he was off on one of his heists in South America only for the heist to be Cece's Christmas gift. First time I have seen Cece speechless. Now that is how you make an impression, lol

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14565
    Last edited by remydat; 12-13-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    There is a lot of truth that the writers in the last 10 years have not been Gambit fans and it showed in the character development. It is really unfortunate and why I think he is ripe for a full reboot. That includes him being solo and far away from Rogue. There is so much there that is not fun anymore. Personally, I think Rogue would not have pushed Remy away when she got control. But this constant push/pull with them is frustrating and one (usually Gambit) gets the shaft. Maybe he can be great with Rogue eventually, but character wise they are currently not on even footing. He needs his own rediscovery and chance to shine. The whole Rogue thing over-powers him and he gets buried in what happens to her. And this is coming from one of Rogue's biggest fans. Not a hater of R&R, but I like the characters best when they equally shine. Not sure any writer right now could make that happen.
    Good post.

Gambit's had a very strong 2nd half of the year...mainly because Asmus and Liu genuinely like the character...

I don’t mind Rogue being in the book every now and then, as long as both characters are done justice. I think Asmus will turn it into a fun little reunion.

Yep saw the preiview of issue 7.Ah Gambit,dont ya ever change,ya hear?

Al Barrionuevo"s art in issue 7 again( I do not like the way he is drawin Gambit but hope there would be only few pages by him.
    Gambit in A+X 3 is his first appearence in Marvel Now and we can see his new suit from ongoing on him, so i suppose that we can say goodbye to old one. I think it may stay only in astonishing. Art in A+X 3 is really good and i like that Hawkeye think about Gambit as not good guy actually.
    In new atonishing arc art is not very good but i like that Gambit is still a thief there) But i do not like that romance with Cece
    Last edited by purplevit; 12-14-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Wednesday is gonna be fun, I'm looking forward to all of these books. I want to see how Gambit gets out of the mess he's in.
    I was completely humored by the Christmas gift for Cece (made me laugh and its cute especially how he went about getting the gift!) in Astonishing. I also think I'll laugh allot with the A+X and look forward to that story as well.