Page 196 of 381 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 5715

They'll have to find a new actor. Fox maybe nervous with using Tyler kitsch( his Gambit was decent comparing the casting of others by FOX) as a leading man, given his recent box-office bombs. I would rather see Gambit as apart of a X-Men movie being a X-Man, versus a solo film of him, we have GAMBIT vol.5.

In fact, I really want to see Gambit more active as a X-Man in general. He hasn't appeared in Uncanny for 10 years, really. That's pretty F'd up if you ask me. There needs to be another book that features Gambit as a X-Man other than Astonishing.I was sad to see X-Men vol.3 end just as Storm was leading.
    The Gambit/ Storm dynamic would be a great way to reintroduce Gambit into a active X-Men team. Besides Rogue/Gambit, Storm/Gambit stories are probably the most fun you can have. and you don't really need to worry about romance b.s.

(Even though it would make alot more sense than other couples Marvel throws together these days)

If in days of future past Gambit will be from future universe trilogy he must be older like Cyclops. But if he would be from first class universe Tyler Kitsch from wolverine origins is fine.

Rogue in third arc!!) Just a little part of issue 11 cover. I think Tombstone was from that cover too.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...27629687383460

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    They'll have to find a new actor. Fox maybe nervous with using Tyler kitsch( his Gambit was decent comparing the casting of others by FOX) as a leading man, given his recent box-office bombs. I would rather see Gambit as apart of a X-Men movie being a X-Man, versus a solo film of him, we have GAMBIT vol.5.

In fact, I really want to see Gambit more active as a X-Man in general. He hasn't appeared in Uncanny for 10 years, really. That's pretty F'd up if you ask me. There needs to be another book that features Gambit as a X-Man other than Astonishing.I was sad to see X-Men vol.3 end just as Storm was leading.
    The Gambit/ Storm dynamic would be a great way to reintroduce Gambit into a active X-Men team. Besides Rogue/Gambit, Storm/Gambit stories are probably the most fun you can have. and you don't really need to worry about romance b.s.

(Even though it would make alot more sense than other couples Marvel throws together these days)
    The problem with the main X-books is the way they are written Gambit would haven't much of a role. The writers have gone down the uber-powerful route and Gambit's powerset as it is now would make him one of the weakest members of the team therby relegating him to cannon fodder. His H2H and Agility is almost non-existant and even if it was there the villains in the main books are rarely taken down using those skills and he still is at a disadvantage to Wolverine whose skills are similar but who can be a tank due to his healing factor. His telepathic resistence is pretty much gone now which means he gets curb stomped by telepaths and his charging power is usually depicted as more of a concussive blast rather than a deadly explosion in which case Cyke's eye beam offers the same thing but with more range. Finally, you can forget about a writer in a main book showing Gambit with any long range planning ala taking a spike to the leg to use later so when you add it all up, all of the things that would allow him to fit in a team with other powerhouses has been taken away from him over the years.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

But he is more powefull than Angel or Beast. He must be in Wolverine and the X-men but they would like to write more about Doop. Gambit is not as strong as Colossus or Magneto but Hawkeye and Black Widow in Avengers without any powers at all. Even without powers his stealth and thieving skills may be usefull in team. He must be in All new x-men instead of Storm because in Marvel Now she is in X-Force, Wolverine and the x-men ,and All new x-men

And the First Class franchise is free to re-imagine Gambit in any way. He once had the power to burn the earth (New Sun), so it wouldn't take a lot of thought to make him as powerful as the other X-Men.

His criminality/duality could also play into a Days of Future Past plot, much like it did in the 90s cartoon, where he was accused of causing that dystopian future by assassinating Kelly, but hardly anyone believed that he was innocent because of is shady past.

I honestly think he's often overlooked because he's a larger than life character, and writers don't want their own favourites to be overshadowed by him. Of course, if they really were good writers, they could do all the characters justice.

Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    Rogue in third arc!!) Just a little part of issue 11 cover. I think Tombstone was from that cover too.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...27629687383460
    Meh. Sucks that what seems like the most interesting arc so far will have Rogue in it. Still thinking I might wait out those issues even if Mann is back.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The problem with the main X-books is the way they are written Gambit would haven't much of a role. The writers have gone down the uber-powerful route and Gambit's powerset as it is now would make him one of the weakest members of the team therby relegating him to cannon fodder. His H2H and Agility is almost non-existant and even if it was there the villains in the main books are rarely taken down using those skills and he still is at a disadvantage to Wolverine whose skills are similar but who can be a tank due to his healing factor. His telepathic resistence is pretty much gone now which means he gets curb stomped by telepaths and his charging power is usually depicted as more of a concussive blast rather than a deadly explosion in which case Cyke's eye beam offers the same thing but with more range. Finally, you can forget about a writer in a main book showing Gambit with any long range planning ala taking a spike to the leg to use later so when you add it all up, all of the things that would allow him to fit in a team with other powerhouses has been taken away from him over the years.
    At the same time, Cyclops isn't really all that powerful compared to Gambit. The only thing Cyclops character has over Gambit is that he suppose to be a super tactician.It's not so much a uber power problem Gambit faces, but it's him battling a Marvel that is obessed with super serious anti heros.

Just heard about Marvel new x event or something like that - X-Termination.
    http://marvel.com/news/story/19748/x-termination
    On this poster Wolverine vs AOA Nightcrawler. I think this will be about Wolverine's school and team from WATXM but maybe even about astonishing. I hope Gambit will play major role there

But he is more powefull than Angel or Beast. He must be in Wolverine and the X-men but they would like to write more about Doop. Gambit is not as strong as Colossus or Magneto but Hawkeye and Black Widow in Avengers without any powers at all. Even without powers his stealth and thieving skills may be usefull in team. He must be in All new x-men instead of Storm because in Marvel Now she is in X-Force, Wolverine and the x-men ,and All new x-men
    Beast is the science guy on the team and NuAngel actually has received a power boost where I think he has engery blasts to go along with his other powers. As for the Avengers, different franchise where their leader is weak compared to the other guys so don't have a problem writing weaker characters sharing the spotlight with the likes of Thor and Iron Man. My point was that the way they have been going with the X-men is the Super Powerful Team which given the way Gambit is currently protrayed, he does not fit and I don't see writers invested in carving out a role for him.

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    At the same time, Cyclops isn't really all that powerful compared to Gambit. The only thing Cyclops character has over Gambit is that he suppose to be a super tactician.It's not so much a uber power problem Gambit faces, but it's him battling a Marvel that is obessed with super serious anti heros.
    Again, as they currently depict his powers, Gambit uses his charge mostly to knock people out not kill. In that context Cyke offers the same power with more range. And Cyke has the added bonus of being the strategist which is a well defined role. They are not going to let Gambit use his brain if he is on a team and possibly be seen as smarter than Cyke or Wolverine. He hasn't used his brain on a team since probably his XXM days.

Put another way, explain how you would work Gambit into a current team including his role in that team as well as his powerset. Once you have done that then ask yourself when was the last time he had that role and powerset and how realistic is it that editorial is going to let him have that role and powerset? Why do you think they gave him a solo and have him in AXM. So they can profit from a popular character by having him in books that don't have a major impact on the larger Marvel continuity. Gambit can be badass in the solo or AXM because his doing so doesn't upstage the Cyke's of the world. They will not let him be badass in a team book that impacts the MU because they have other characters they like more that they prefer to be doing the flashy impactful stuff. I suspect if he were in a team book now it would be so that he can be the one to get punched in the face by the Caps of the world.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-01-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Just heard about Marvel new x event or something like that - X-Termination.
    http://marvel.com/news/story/19748/x-termination
    On this poster Wolverine vs AOA Nightcrawler. I think this will be about Wolverine's school and team from WATXM but maybe even about astonishing. I hope Gambit will play major role there
    I'd be very surprised if he is involved. He doesn't really have any presence at the school.

The only thing I've heard about him in something outside the books he is already in is that the Cable and X-Force writer said he was interested in a Gambit crossover or something and Asmus seemed to be interested in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd be very surprised if he is involved. He doesn't really have any presence at the school.

The only thing I've heard about him in something outside the books he is already in is that the Cable and X-Force writer said he was interested in a Gambit crossover or something and Asmus seemed to be interested in it too.
    When did they say that? That would be a pretty good cross over given their interactions in MC. You would think Cable would be pissed at how things went down but respect Gambit for doing what had to be done. He's probably the only X-men I could legitimately see recognizing that Gambit's role in MC was integral to Hope's survival as he's not a by the book kind of either. Although I would still be worried they would make Gambit cower in the shadow of a Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    When did they say that? That would be a pretty good cross over given their interactions in MC. You would think Cable would be pissed at how things went down but respect Gambit for doing what had to be done. He's probably the only X-men I could legitimately see recognizing that Gambit's role in MC was integral to Hope's survival as he's not a by the book kind of either. Although I would still be worried they would make Gambit cower in the shadow of a Summers.
    It was on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HopelessDent/sta...27478859071488

It might be interesting. It seems like Cable and his team are going to be looked at the rest of the community as "villains" so maybe he would go to Gambit for help or information given that Gambit doesn't have really strong ties to either side. Him or Rachel are one of the few that Cable might reach out to.

Or maybe Gambit in his ongoing is going to be looked at the rest of the community as "villain" to)

Or maybe Gambit in his ongoing is going to be looked at the rest of the community as "villain" to)
    I can see that happening, Gambit being looked as the villain to gain info, items, and other things to help the others out. But in Gambit's on way.