Page 194 of 382 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 5717
  1. #2896
    Too Fast J/O/J/O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    All of space and time
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Just wanted to dedicate my 500th post to my favorite X-Man.

  2. #2897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Just wanted to dedicate my 500th post to my favorite X-Man.
    Cheers to you! I need to keep that in mind for my thousanth post in the future.

  3. #2898
    Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    Actually that was the point Chester and I were making. While I still can't stand her predictable arse, it made sense for Gambit to hook up with her to try to get the starfish out of him. The only thing I noted was that I didn't want him acting like a lost puppy chasing after her this next time for no reason but to chase her (ala having more reason that just "I'm curious/attracted") when there are plenty of willing females out there. I said I hope Asmus just had more reason to it than that.

    And for the record, I don't think she had much of anything to do with nearly getting him killed given he still had to get rid of the starfish and she hardly made it worse despite her inability to talk about herself except in criptic sentences. He needed someone to flirt with to make it more fun, she just managed to be annoyingly obvious about her plans along the way is all.
    Yeah, I knew that was the point. I was simply saying I don't think he needs more of a reason than being curious/attracted because I think it is perfectly within Gambit's character to go look for her just because she interests him. So I am fine if Ausmus gives us a more elaborate reason but I am equally fine if he doesn't. There are always willing females for most guys. There were plenty of willing girls when Gambit decided he wanted to hang out with the one girl he couldn't touch. However, when a guy develops an interest in one of them, he will stratch that itch even when there are others out there.

    I get that people don't want him in a serious relationship with anyone but you can enjoy the challenge of the chase without falling deeply in love. Point is I think Gambit is motivated by the challenge involved in winning the girl over not the sex/companionship just as he is motivated by the difficulty of the heist itself not the booty (pun intended). I think some of the concern people have with Joelle is based on the fear if he gets involved with the chase, he will get hooked like he was with Rogue. However, It was merely coincidence or destiny depending on your philosophy that he happened to fall in love with Rogue when he was probably more interested in getting the girl that no one could touch ie the difficulty of the heist hence his playing games with her initially.
    Last edited by remydat; 11-20-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

    "Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

  4. #2899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I get that people don't want him in a serious relationship with anyone but you can enjoy the challenge of the chase without falling deeply in love. Point is I think Gambit is motivated by the challenge involved in winning the girl over not the sex/companionship just as he is motivated by the difficulty of the heist itself not the booty (pun intended). I think some of the concern people have with Joelle is based on the fear if he gets involved with the chase, he will get hooked like he was with Rogue. However, It was merely coincidence or destiny depending on your philosophy that he happened to fall in love with Rogue when he was probably more interested in getting the girl that no one could touch ie the difficulty of the heist hence his playing games with her initially.
    Remydat - fall over in shock - but I do agree with everything you've said here. I don't think he was in love with Rogue when he started romancing her. I don't think Gambit is a love at first sight kind of person and I don't think that he falls in love easily at all (unlike Wolverine who falls in "love" at the drop of a hat while generally running around on them later). I do think it was a combination of joy of the challenge to date a girl who refused to date and just proving to the other moron male X-Men that Rogue was an attractive girl worth interest. Gambit may have seen Rogue as isolated and since he seems to have an empathy for outcasts that likely brought out his inner "Damsel in Distresss" reaction. Rogue was originally just in a different kind of distress. That he found that girl who turned his heart as you say was fate or coincidence. Hopefully your first statement here will remain true for the character for a long while.
    Last edited by f4faith; 11-21-2012 at 04:55 AM.

  5. #2900
    Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    Remydat - fall over in shock - but I do agree with everything you've said here. I don't think he was in love with Rogue when he started romancing her. I don't think Gambit is a love at first sight kind of person and I don't think that he falls in love easily at all (unlike Wolverine who falls in "love" at the drop of a hat while generally running around on them later). I do think it was a combination of joy of the challenge to date a girl who refused to date and just proving to the other moron male X-Men that Rogue was an attractive girl worth interest. Gambit may have seen Rogue as isolated and since he seems to have an empathy for outcasts that likely brought out his inner "Damsel in Distresss" reaction. Rogue was originally just in a different kind of distress. That he found that girl who turned his heart as you say was fate or coincidence. Hopefully your first statement here will remain true for the character for a long while.
    Haha, I will mark this day 21 November 2012 and celebarate it each year as a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving that we finally agree. But yeah, I am guessing the above is what Ausmus is going for. If Ausmus tries to make them exclusive then maybe I will be concerned but for now I will just enjoy the pursuit.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

    "Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

  6. #2901

    Default

    It's a thanksgiving miracle!

  7. #2902
    Gambit Fan From The BR Juggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge LA
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    It's a thanksgiving miracle!
    Happy Thanksgiving People

  8. #2903
    Senior Member Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Not allot of previews for the upcoming week but I do know that Gambit #6 will be out on Wednesday! Woot.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

  9. #2904
    Gambit Fan From The BR Juggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge LA
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Not allot of previews for the upcoming week but I do know that Gambit #6 will be out on Wednesday! Woot.
    Woot and also Gambit beat both Wolvie and Cyke on Comic Vine Poles, So Gambit is going up.

  10. #2905
    Senior Member purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    not a fan of Terry Dodsons art, but issue 6 cover is better than 5 or 7) http://marvel.com/images/gallery/iss...6/image/939627

  11. #2906
    Senior Member Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Not a fan of any of Dodson's covers but I like the imagery or the two opposing sides in the background. Nice touch.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

  12. #2907
    Senior Member purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Comic Vine's Top 100 Super Heroes 2012

    1. Batman
    2. Spider-Man
    3. Superman
    4. Storm
    5. Wonder Woman
    6. Dick Grayson
    7. Barry Allen
    8. Nightcrawler
    9. Thor

    10 GAMBIT

    11. Aquaman
    12. Wally West
    13. Wolverine
    14. Hulk
    15. Captain America
    16. Deadpool
    17. Hawkeye
    18. Daredevil
    19. Black Panther
    20. Cyclops

    Gambit in top 10! Great

  13. #2908

  14. #2909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    not a fan of Terry Dodsons art, but issue 6 cover is better than 5 or 7) http://marvel.com/images/gallery/iss...6/image/939627
    Nope, don't like it. He always makes Gambit look like Conan the Barbarian.

    Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    Comic Vine's Top 100 Super Heroes 2012

    Gambit in top 10! Great
    Considering that he doesn't have a movie out now or any time soon (like thee top 3) is an excellent achievement. And you cnt deny that movies do get people to buy comics, either for the first time or reigniting their passion.

  15. #2910
    Gambit Fan From The BR Juggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge LA
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chester99 View Post
    Nope, don't like it. He always makes Gambit look like Conan the Barbarian.



    Considering that he doesn't have a movie out now or any time soon (like thee top 3) is an excellent achievement. And you cnt deny that movies do get people to buy comics, either for the first time or reigniting their passion.
    That cover..wow also you are right about movie base on comics, i wish it would do that for Blade.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •