Page 193 of 380 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 5692

Trying to figure out the faces...I see Mysterio, Hit Monkey?, Tombstone...not sure of others

I see Hit Monkey, one of the wrecking crew,batroc the leaper,mysterio,purple man, and maybe typhoid Mary and maybe dracula
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

I recently listened to a podcast featuring Amus, who was talking about issue #4 when it was released. The topic of Gambit's costume came up and they were discussing if Gambit's orginal digs were really that bad or whether it was simply overused.

I would say from a logistical point of view it's a little of A and more of B
    I am sure most have seen the cover of the last issue of X-Men vol# 3 in the previews for Feb, Gambit IMO really fits into the creative look of who the x-men were, and his custom isn't any worse than anyone elses.

I feel that the costume was simply overused, but not as much as one might think. Really Gambit dropped his outfit in 2000, and adapted a darker more thief like appearence up to the time where he appeared in X-Men#200, and I thought Mike Carey was being symbolic, as in this is Gambit returning to the x-Men and not Deathbit. Gambit then kept his original look until the end of Xavier's arc in Legacy before switch back to a more realistic black toned custom.

Really the only thing in my opinion that overstayed it's welcome is the "Head Stock" it is something that a character like Gambit wouldn't really have a use for and makes no tactical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    A+X one has too much pink and Gambit is too clean shaven. He should have some stubble. Funny to see the same colors on both characters, purple and black. Gambit 9 has his trench! And its black, nice to see its back. :) As amazing as Tan's cover is, Mann's is over the top.
    He does need some stubble in that A+X cover, totally agree but other than that, I really like that cover. Mann's is nice too though. :)

Damage_Inc, I didn't mind the 'headsock' as much as others did.

#9-11 looks like it'll be mostly relationship stuff with Joelle. It'll be nice to know what she's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    He does need some stubble in that A+X cover, totally agree but other than that, I really like that cover. Mann's is nice too though. :)
    Oh I like it too, I plan on getting that cover. And now that I know they have 3 others, the odds of my getting that cover is good. Guess we'll see.

Damage_Inc, I didn't mind the 'headsock' as much as others did.

#9-11 looks like it'll be mostly relationship stuff with Joelle. It'll be nice to know what she's all about.
    The headgear isn't bad most of the time, the problem always was it wasn't really a well thought out thing for the character to begin with. Seriously, if CC and Lee created a thief and put that on him, they hadn't a effin clue about thieves. They were going for something different in the ol' Xmen world which is a whole bunch of unreal stuff anyway. And that isn't what is mainstay about the character anyway, its his personality attributes that came through that was more compelling than anything he was wearing. In those days, there were just making up stuff to move a story along. What happens after is what we get sometimes. :)

IMO - There isn't one (relationship), all there is so far from the solo is his curiousness. He's just looking around persuing opportunities as they are.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

Oh I like it too, I plan on getting that cover. And now that I know they have 3 others, the odds of my getting that cover is good. Guess we'll see.

The headgear isn't bad most of the time, the problem always was it wasn't really a well thought out thing for the character to begin with. Seriously, if CC and Lee created a thief and put that on him, they hadn't a effin clue about thieves. They were going for something different in the ol' Xmen world which is a whole bunch of unreal stuff anyway. And that isn't what is mainstay about the character anyway, its his personality attributes that came through that was more compelling than anything he was wearing. In those days, there were just making up stuff to move a story along. What happens after is what we get sometimes. :)

IMO - There isn't one (relationship), all there is so far from the solo is his curiousness. He's just looking around persuing opportunities as they are.

This^ But looks like they are setting to do some kind of relationship between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    This^ But looks like they are setting to do some kind of relationship between the two.
    Which is fine - I'm all for it. I want to see it first before stating that it actually is one.

Which is fine - I'm all for it. I want to see it first before stating that it actually is one.
    I agree with you on that, i would like to see it build than just going out on a rush like all Marvel relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    I agree with you on that, i would like to see it build than just going out on a rush like all Marvel relationships.
    People can keep saying there is no "relationship" but its noted that its pretty darn obvious something is up given we can't get past more than one arc and Gambit has to go looking go her. To me that is rushing it already (since so far she personally is mostly just annoying to me. The only good thing she has going for her is that Gambit needs someone - alot of someones honestly - to flirt with). Being curious is one thing, but I hope Asmus has a lot better reason than that for Gambit to go looking for her

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    People can keep saying there is no "relationship" but its noted that its pretty darn obvious something is up given we can't get past more than one arc and Gambit has to go looking go her. To me that is rushing it already (since so far she personally is mostly just annoying to me. The only good thing she has going for her is that Gambit needs someone - alot of someones honestly - to flirt with). Being curious is one thing, but I hope Asmus has a lot better reason than that for Gambit to go looking for her
    I doubt he'll just wake up one day and go "Hey, I wonder what happened to that hot chick who nearly got me killed?". That really would suck.

It's obvious that Remy and Joelle have some relationship they just went a foreign country and dealt with a god monster, so there is a relationship of sorts. They also have attraction toward each other.

I just don't see how throwing in others (women) will make any difference, whatever issues some have with Joelle would crop up with any other woman thrown in his path. He's a guy, and behaving like one. I want to know more about the women he has his liaisons with and that actually means you have to know or learn something about them.

I do want to know more about Joelle, and I'm good with his curiosity, he's attracted to her. I am curious as what Asmus has planned for her character as it develops with Gambit's.
    Last edited by Neko; 11-19-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chester99 View Post
    I doubt he'll just wake up one day and go "Hey, I wonder what happened to that hot chick who nearly got me killed?". That really would suck.
    Didn't lil Storm almost get him killed when they first met? He ended up thieving around the globe with her and joining the X-men. The dude does things for shits and giggles so I am not sure why people expect him to behave rationally. Yes an ordinary joe may leave well enough alone when it comes to Joelle but Gambit is not an ordinary joe. The fact that she is potentially dangerous is not a negative but a positive for Gambit. I suspect he will find Joelle hanging out with those questionable characters on the cover and be excited not weary. Gambit has always had an appetite for damsels in distress and Joelle looks like she will give him ample opportunities to feed that appetite.
    Last edited by remydat; 11-19-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Yeah his whole motive for helping her the first arc as much as he did was a mix of having fun and getting the starfish out of him.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yeah his whole motive for helping her the first arc as much as he did was a mix of having fun and getting the starfish out of him.
    Precisely. The fact is Gambit was not just running around following her like a lost puppy. He happened to stumble upon her during his heist and then needed her help because he didn't want to involve the X-men. We all know that Ausmus has some pay off in mind but it's like people want to jump ahead to issue 11 when we are only on issue 5. Right now their relationship could be anywhere from Joelle just being a girl Gambit gets in trouble with while sharing unfulfilled sexual tension to them walking down the aisle together and having thief babies.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

He's a guy, and behaving like one. I want to know more about the women he has his liaisons with and that actually means you have to know or learn something about them.
    Actually if he was acting like a guy, knowing more about his liaisons would be the last thing he would be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The fact is Gambit was not just running around following her like a lost puppy. He happened to stumble upon her during his heist and then needed her help because he didn't want to involve the X-men.
    Actually that was the point Chester and I were making. While I still can't stand her predictable arse, it made sense for Gambit to hook up with her to try to get the starfish out of him. The only thing I noted was that I didn't want him acting like a lost puppy chasing after her this next time for no reason but to chase her (ala having more reason that just "I'm curious/attracted") when there are plenty of willing females out there. I said I hope Asmus just had more reason to it than that.

And for the record, I don't think she had much of anything to do with nearly getting him killed given he still had to get rid of the starfish and she hardly made it worse despite her inability to talk about herself except in criptic sentences. He needed someone to flirt with to make it more fun, she just managed to be annoyingly obvious about her plans along the way is all.
    Last edited by f4faith; 11-20-2012 at 09:12 AM.