Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies" on Sale September 29

Based on the comics of Jeph Loeb & Ed McGionness, WB's "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies" will be released on DVD and Blu-ray September 29. The film is rated PG-13.

Full article here.

BANNED

Unfortunately (or rather fortunately (?)) this stands to be better than Depp/Bale's Public Enemies movie.

This sounds good, I know once Timm's involved this will be good!
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

I haven't seen any artwork or screencaps except those two on the linked page, but its about time they came up with new fuckin' character models. I got so sick and tired of them rehashing the same designs they used from the Superman, revamped Batman & JL/JLU cartoons. Excitement for Timm's new projects always died as soon as I'd get a peek at the artwork. I mean how lazy can you get?

I dont have a problem with Timm's artwork, but another movie based on The Batman cartoon series would've been cool, like the one with Dracula.

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_coldest_sun View Post
    I haven't seen any artwork or screencaps except those two on the linked page, but its about time they came up with new fuckin' character models.
    Oh, you mean like the ones Superman/Doomsday, JL: New Frontier, Batman: Gotham Knight, & Wonder Woman all had?
    Last edited by The Beast Of Yucca Flats; 06-29-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Did'nt like Superman's face in Superman/Doomsday had to many lines on it, made Superman looked real old!lol

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Did'nt like Superman's face in Superman/Doomsday had to many lines on it, made Superman looked real old!lol
    Hahah I agree.

I am excited for this! I didn't see an IMDB page for it. Does anyone know where there is a list of actors for roles other than Clark, Bruce and Lex? Or has that not been announced?
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2005
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Vote Or Die: 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by the_coldest_sun View Post
    I haven't seen any artwork or screencaps except those two on the linked page, but its about time they came up with new fuckin' character models. I got so sick and tired of them rehashing the same designs they used from the Superman, revamped Batman & JL/JLU cartoons. Excitement for Timm's new projects always died as soon as I'd get a peek at the artwork. I mean how lazy can you get?
    Try to find the trailer. It's epic.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    Oh, you mean like the ones Superman/Doomsday, JL: New Frontier, Batman: Gotham Knight, & Wonder Woman all had?
    That's exactly my point. I know you're listing those to argue against me, but aside from Gotham Knight, the others DID have pretty much the same character models from what I saw. A friend of mine lent me WW but I could not get passed the DVD coverart, which resembled too much of WW's JL look. And in Superman/Doomsday, BOTH the title characters looked like their TV series counterparts with minor touch-ups. (oh wow, a few lines on Superman's face and its a totally new model!! :rolleyes:)

Now what they did with Gotham Knight was brilliant, but that's a whole different style of artwork culturally speaking and I don't expect them to "anime"lyze (made-up verbs ftw) every new project, but a change of style should be initiated when its a totally new self-continuity project.

For instance, the difference between Bruce Timm's Batman series and the WB's The Batman. I know they were produced by different creators but at least you could appreciate the difference in art styles between them. (Note: I wasn't a fan of The Batman myself but art styles had nothing to do with that).

New Frontier had a neat approach, attempting to mimic the style from the comic, but something about the coloring and/or lighting that still reminded me of the JL/JLU series. Maybe something about the female models as well, how their hair styles were pretty much interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Try to find the trailer. It's epic.
    Will do.

I'm actually not too happy to see the same guy who voiced Superman in S:TAS is doing Superman in this movie.

Clancy Brown and Kevin Conroy back as Luthor and Batman? SOLD.

The cast also features Tim Daly returning as Superman, Allison Mack, CCH Pounder and John McGinley.

I can't wait for this! The original comic was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Clancy Brown and Kevin Conroy back as Luthor and Batman? SOLD.

The cast also features Tim Daly returning as Superman, Allison Mack, CCH Pounder and John McGinley.
    Is this intended to be part of Timm's continuity? Because with some hand-waving about how Luthor reformed his public image (again) to become President, I could see it fitting.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Is this intended to be part of Timm's continuity? Because with some hand-waving about how Luthor reformed his public image (again) to become President, I could see it fitting.
    Just familiar casting, I think. Given there's some.........wearyness of the source material here, he's probably casting "old friends" to give it some appeal to the fanbase.