Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: BOOM! Studios Titles on Sale June 24, 2009

Courtesy of BOOM! Studios, CBR brings you advance looks at new comics on sale this week including "The Incredibles" #3, "Cars: The Rookie" #3, "Eureka: Dormant Gene" #3 and much more.

Full article here.

+1 on Cars the Rookie and the Incredibles. My son loves both titles.
    Pull List:
    Incredible Hulk,Hulk,Punisher Max,Ultimate Spider-Man,Amazing Spider-Man,Thor,Captain America,New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men,XForce

The Muppet Show for me.

Sadly the end of the run . . . are there any plans to bring it back for another go, Mr. Chip?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    The Muppet Show for me.

Sadly the end of the run . . . are there any plans to bring it back for another go, Mr. Chip?
    Its being canceled?
    Pull List:
    Incredible Hulk,Hulk,Punisher Max,Ultimate Spider-Man,Amazing Spider-Man,Thor,Captain America,New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men,XForce

Quote Originally Posted by pimp1911 View Post
    Its being canceled?
    Well, I think it's a limited series as the issue have all said "of 4" on them.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

The vast majority of Boom!'s series are minis. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can think of that lasted more than 6 issues (most have been 4) are Zombie Tales & Cthulhu Tales, both of which ended at #12, IIRC.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

The Muppets and Incredibles are awesome. Boom is becoming on of my favorite new publishers. I really hope they stick around for the long haul like Darkhorse. Who would have thought back when Boris the Bear came out that they would still be here? I love it!
    Adam ILLUS Wallenta
    Artist/Writer
    www.AdamWallenta.com

Follow me on Twitter at @AdamWallenta and add me on Facebook if you like.

THE MUPPET SHOW COMIC BOOK: THE TREASURE OF PEG-LEG WILSON
    is the next mini with Langridge. It will be 4 issues also!

Chip
    BOOM!

Default BOOM! Studios -- In Stores Today! (6/24/09)

Here are the BOOM! Studios titles in stores this week (6/24/09).

Enjoy!

CARS: THE ROOKIE #3 (CVR A)
    CARS: THE ROOKIE #3 (CVR B)
    Written by Alan J. Porter
    Drawn by Albert Carreres
    SC, 24 pgs, FC, SRP: $2.99
    Diamond Code: MAR094135

Lightning McQueen’s thrilling origin story continues! During McQueen's first big race, he makes an enemy of irascible racer Chic Hicks! And why does McQueen's pit crew seem to dislike him, as well? Can McQueen check his ego at the finish line and gain some much-needed respect?

EUREKA: DORMANT GENE #3 (CVR A)
    EUREKA: DORMANT GENE #3 (CVR B)
    Written by Andrew Cosby, Jaime Paglia, Jonathan L. Davis
    Drawn by Mark Dos Santos
    SC, 24 pgs, FC, (3 of 4), SRP: $3.99
    Diamond Code: APR090736

Sci-Fi Channel's smash hit show returns for another series masterminded by the creators of the show, told completely in continuity! EUREKA creators Andrew Cosby and Jaime Paglia are joined by writer Jonathan L. Davis (THE DUKES OF HAZZARD) continue to follow the town of eccentric geniuses with a issue filled with surprises no one will expect!

FARSCAPE: D'ARGO'S LAMENT #3 (CVR A)
    FARSCAPE: D'ARGO'S LAMENT #3 (CVR B)
    Written by Rockne S. O'Bannon, Keith DeCandido
    Drawn by Neil Edwards
    SC, 24 pgs, FC, (3 of 4), SRP: $3.99
    Diamond Code: APR090738

Ka D'argo lives on — only in this pulse-pounding FARSCAPE mini-series set in continuity during season 3 between episodes "Revenging Angel" and "Fractures"! Jool learns more about D'Argo's days as in the Luxan military, serving under General Sterikk, a man who will play a major part in D'Argo's future!

INCREDIBLES #3 (CVR A)
    INCREDIBLES #3 (CVR B)
    Written by Mark Waid
    Drawn by Marcio Takara
    SC, 24 pgs, FC, SRP: $2.99
    Diamond Code: MAR094140

Mark Waid writes THE INCREDIBLES! Mr. Incredible faces his most dangerous challenge yet—the loss of his powers! Is it psychological? Is it an alien virus? Is it just old age? Summoning up all courage, Mr. Incredible takes a terrifying trip to Doc Sunbright, an eccentric doctor who treats superheroes! Features a Kirby-inspired incentive C cover from GODLAND artist Tom Scioli!

THE MUPPET SHOW COMIC BOOK #4 (A)
    THE MUPPET SHOW COMIC BOOK #4 (B)
    Written by Roger Langridge
    Drawn by Roger Langridge
    SC, 24 pgs, FC, (4 of 4), SRP: $2.99
    Diamond Code: APR090741

Acclaimed creator Roger Landridge's zany romp across The Muppet Show stage continues! In this issue, the spotlight shines brightly on Miss Piggy, but is the Muppet Show stage big enough for this diva's massive ego?

2nd Prints Out This Week:

IRREDEEMABLE #2 2ND PRINT
    Written by Mark Waid
    Drawn by Peter Krause
    SC, 24 pgs, FC, SRP: $3.99
    Diamond Code: MAR098134

A comic book industry event: a new original ongoing superhero series from Mark Waid! IRREDEEMABLE dares to ask the question: what if the world's greatest hero decided to become the world's greatest villain? Heroes are being picked off one-by-one in a brutal and viscous assault. They never stood a chance – never saw it coming. A small cadre of heroes race against time and space to stay alive and turn the tables. A "twilight of the superheroes"-style story that examines super-villains from the writer of KINGDOM COME and EMPIRE!