Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

I read recently there was a certain 4 issue series that was already written you would love to draw if you found the time. that wouldnt happen to be kevin smiths dd target would it? i only ask because i noticed at wwphilly dynamite announced matt wagner is now writing green hornet so either a(kev is too busy with that naew batman series or b( hes getting back to target. any comment?

Joe,

You've stated that your ban on smoking is so Marvel doesn't influence younger readers in picking up that habit. However, during "The Sisterhood" arc of Uncanny X-men, Matt Fraction had Dazzler ( who has a law degree) and Northstar let the underage Pixie consume alcohol. Are you condoning underage drinking, which is vary much illegal in all 50 states and is much more deadlier of a habit to young readers then smoking is?
    Cyclops ad portas

Joe,

Glad to see your column now on CBR! CBR is a haven for -- and has a huge group of -- Dazzler fans. We've seen Marvel print the Essential Volumes over the past few years, but the gal never seems to get anything new going. She's background in Uncanny X-Men, and is one of the only Marvel Universe heroes who has never received a series re-launch -- or even a mini-series to test the waters on reader feedback!

We keep getting re-launches of other characters, and many of them keep getting pulled and re-relaunched: Blade, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Thor, Excalibur/Captain Britain, Punisher, Cable... when is Marvel going to take a chance on Dazzler?

Spicy redheads... The Thunderbird's Avatar

Hey Joe,

Very few fans have fallen for the misleading cover of Uncanny X-Men 511 that seemingly depicts Jean Grey returning from the dead. Since Marvel has put out so many false hints about Jean returning, pretty much all of the X-Men fans are no longer believing them anymore and they are getting fed up with them now. While you may think Jean's most recent departure is touching or Emma Frost is cooler than her, you must not forget that Jean and Emma can coexist in the same book with Emma being Scott's girl and there is a massive and devoted fanbase of the character that has been clamoring for her return ever since she was written out of the books in 2005. That's a seriously long time for any major Marvel character to remain gone and I would like to ask on behalf of the character's fanbase, are there any plans to bring back Jean Grey and if not, will you please stop with the misleading hints until a writer successfully pitches a story for her return? Thanks.
    "Here's da plan: win. If we lose, it's because ya didn't follow da plan."
    -A typical Ork Boss from Warhammer 40,000

Now that I had a pretty long-winded response to one of my earlier questions, I'm back and thristy for more!

On the subject of Hollywood writers and late books, what's up with Thor? Why did Olivier Coipel leave? Will he be back? Will we see a solicitation for #604 any time soon? Is JMS leaving the title (or Marvel, as he has a lot of DC stuff coming up)?

I heard a rumor over at Millarworld that JMS is working on an arc called "The Siege of Asgard" which is intended to be his last arc. Is there any truth to this? Is there another creative team in the works to take over Thor, to get it back on a monthly schedule? Any chance that a new creative team could be Millar/McNiven, and that Thor is there new Marvel project?

So, any chance for some Thor news? Because as enjoyable as the one-shots, minis', and annuals are, the ongoing is where progression and status-quo changes are made, and I'd love to read it on a monthly basis.

And because you didn't acknowledge my suggestion of putting anthologies in the Ultimate Comics titles, is it because you are already in the process of doing it? Is that why New Ultimates and the Loeb/Adams title are not solicied yet?
    Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, we're only mortal. - Jean-Luc Picard

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - The Guide

Question

Here're some New Warriors related questions.....due to some of former/current members recent appearances....(DH in WoK, NW in AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE, Aegis in HERCULES)......

PS.....And my apologies if these questions has been asked before by somebody else earlier on.......

1.) Will we see some of the Ex-mutants that were NW again soon...??

2.) Will any ex-Warriors be involved with Norman's version of the Initiative Program (if they're not already)...??

3.) The status of the Loners....(especially following the outcome of WoK, due to DH's "involvment")...??

4.) The status of the Power Pack....(either the 616's or the "All Ages" version)...??

5.) Any former members of either NW, PP and/or Loners making any appearances soon, within any future Mini or ongoing series...??

....And here's one that completely different.....

6.) Any chances of seeing the MARVEL HOLIDAYS SPECIALS back in print soon...(unless you're planning another one for online like Last Year's Edition).....???

Default Is Marvel still the House of Ideas?

Hello Mr. Quesada,

Do you still consider Marvel to be the "House of Ideas"? I've been collecting for many many years and it seems when it comes to new comics/heroes that Marvel takes something old or existing and makes it new or does a new series, for example Young Avengers, Wolverine Origins, Spider-man Noir and Ms. Marvel to name a few. You would think that somebody like Reed Richards might be concerned that someday in the future everybody in the Marvel Universe would have powers.

BANNED

Joe,

It's very nice to see you on CBR, and I hope you have a merry reign here. My question is - as this is a landmark year for Marvel - could there be any nicer way to celebrate with the fans than to perhaps run a competition where fans could submit their design for a variant cover to one of your current comic series, and the winner would then get to see their work come into print?

I ask this not as an artist myself, but I know of several people who would doubtlessly produce some utterly wonderful covers. It could be run through CBR!

I would also like to ask about something very dear to perhaps no-one apart from myself: with The Winter Guard appearing rather frequently recently, is there any chance that Marvel could be leading us lucky fans to a miniseries or one-shot featuring the team?
    Last edited by Azure; 06-23-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Can we expect any more projects from Jim McCann after his amazing work on the New Avengers: The Reunion mini? How about from artist David López?

Hey again Joe. I've got questions and hopefully you've got answers.

-I was curious how the creation of the Iron Patriot came about? I ask because I remember a few years ago just before the conclusion of Civil War an image got out of an Iron Man armor sporting the colors of the American flag that was eventually revealed to be for a What If project. Is there any connection or just coincidence?

-With Brother Voodoo revealed as the new Sorceror Supreme, I'm sure a lot of Doc Strange fans are wondering if we'll be seeing Wong, Strange's faithful manservant and the Sanctum Sanctorum again, that is if it hasn't already become a Starbucks in these tough economic times?

-From your twitter it looks like you've spent quite some time on the Iron Man 2 set. I don't suppose there's any chance of you making a cameo in your first Marvel movie? If not IM2, do you hope to have a cameo in a future Marvel film project or are you going to let Stan have all the fun?

- Are there any plans afoot for Joe Kelly to do some more X-Men work?

- What's Steve McNiven up to after 'Old Man Logan'?

- Quentin Tarantino's favorite hero is Luke Cage. Do you think he'd be interestewd in doing a project with Marvel Comics?
    EAT GLASS, LAWMAN!

dear joe,

since dan slott's take over of mighty avengers, the comic has been mostly about Hank Pym's redemption and struggle to become the hero he once was known as and now that he is leading the only real avengers team...will hank pym finally become an A-list big name in the Marvel Universe and not just the tiny ant-man always being set up to smooshed?
    northlanders .american vampire. bprd. concrete. detective comics.

Hey Joe,

I was wondering what ever happened to Spider-Man's new power's post the "other" storyline?He had them then his "brand new day" came along and he's back to web shooters, and what happend to his stingers?Those were kinda cool.

Hey joe

What is the dose the Future hold for the Ultimate X-men comic? I don;t want to know story points and i know Ultimate X-Men requiem is coming out. But i see the Ultimates have a title Avengers and Spider-man but will there be an X-Men comic in the new Ultimate
    universe?

Hi Joe,

I wanted ask if the next few marvel animated projects your part of are animated movies or more like tv shows?