Page 101 of 253 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3782

Hi Tom,
    While the story of Peter and Mary Jane's daughter (Mayday) is no longer cannon, would it be possible to have May Parker(Venom) of Earth-9997 to reside in the mainstream Marvel Universe (Earth-616)? It might be a nice touch to bring this version of Mayday Parker into the mainstream since she is quite different from her Spidergirl counterpart of the MC2 Universe. This might help to resolve the gap that a lot of people felt about the child that Mary Jane and Peter Parker will never have. This would be no different from Rachel Summers, who is from Earth-811. Why can't we have the same for the Mayday Parker of Earth-9997, which is quite similar to Nocturne, the alternate reality stranded Daughter of Nightcrawler? It would make for an interesting story that Peter has a daughter who is also his partner in fighting crime.

Of all of the Earth X characters, the May Parker version of Venom is awesome. I certainly would love to see her join the Exiles and become friends with Nocturne. Since the characters of Earth X are no longer be used, wouldn't be a good idea to consider bringing back May Parker from that series into the mainstream Marvel Universe since it would not conflict with the current Spidergirl (Araña). In my opinion, this might relieve all of the negative reactions that was done to Peter and Mary Jane's marriage in the One More Day storyline, as well as the Clone Saga series. Despite the notion that Rachel Summers and Nocturne are from alternate Earths, they still formed a very close relationship with their respective fathers of Earth-616. Don't you feel that Peter Parker should have a similar relationship with May Parker from Earth-9997(aka Earth X)? Since Joe Quesada originally wanted to bring the May Parker version of Spidergirl into the mainstream Marvel Universe, the May Parker version of Venom is a good alternative because it makes a lot of sense to do. Don't you agree?
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-16-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Yo!

Awhile back Brian Reed wrote a short Protector story hinting that his relationship with his girlfriend Annie might be taking an interesting turn. Curious if it will be picked up and/or if there are any Proector related projects in the works?

BANNED

Hi Tom. There seems to have been an influx of new writers recently.

A few that I have enjoyed are:

Tim Seeley (Ant Man/Wasp)
    Harrison Wilcox (She Hulks)
    Chuck Kim (Gambit and Storm)
    James Asmus (Deadpool Team Up, Stever Rogers, Namor annuals)
    David Gallaher (Darkstar and the Winter Guard)
    Frank Marraffino (Marvel Zombies Supreme)

I was wondering of there are plans for any of these writers to work on upcoming projects.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Hell Tom.

With less that a week before the launch of the new FF #1 (complete with celebrations at participating comic stores and a writer's workshop with Hickman including copies of the issue), I'd like to ask about the process of writing those all-too important, but often underestimated, solicits. The change in tone between the solicits for Fantastic four #588 and FF #1 seems to mirror the tone of the issues themselves, in that emphasis was given on the grieving process the surviving members underwent throughout much of the #588; and yet while the solicit also mentioned that Reed, Sue and Ben will "make life-changing decisions of their own volition that set them on a course destined to change the Marvel Universe in Johnny’s honor!", we didn't see those actual decisions here and have to wait for #1. So the solicit is as much for the future issue as it is for the current.

The solicit for FF #1 more strongly emphasizes the commemorative aspect of the formation of the Future Foundation, in that it mentions the impact "of the Human Torch's heroic sacrifice". While certainly a very sad action, it showed the depth of heroism that Johnny had, and based on the preview with Johnny's pre-recorded parting message, the feeling readers are getting is that the new FF doesn't want his sacrifice and legacy to be forgotten.

So, to sum it all up, how do the writers and editors write a solicit in such a way that it draws readers in, whets their appetite, gives readers a hint of what an issue holds, why they should want to read it, without giving too much way. This is especially significant in the Internet era where solicits for issues three months in advance are already available at Marvel.com, and sometimes the solicits for those issues come dangerously close to spoiling the story of more closely upcoming issues. Or in a less extreme case, they give away just enough information that it can be interpreted as may ways are there are readers, leasing to all sorts of speculation and guesswork.

I'm waiting for FF #1.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Hey Tom!

I don't know if this has ever been addressed but I was wondering why Marvel doesn't expand more on it's protege heroes like how DC does with Superboy and Robin. I don't mean team books like Young Avengers or Avengers Academy , but solo books like Patriot, or Iron Lad. I understood that everyone was waiting for Allan Heinberg to return to the characters and write his next arc but now seems like a perfect time to start solo books on these two characters.
    Patriot would be a perfect addition to the Marvel line of titles, thanks to his connection to all the super soldiers who have held the name Captain America.
    Iron Lad is ripe for story potential with his quest to not become Kang. Who doesn't love the idea of a young hero fighting to change his destiny.

I was also wondering what the process is with getting a series or limited series green lit at Marvel is? Is it just the story pitch or are there cases where the editor or EIC want to do something with certain characters that help get story pitch development rolling? Does the market play a factor? For example if an Iron man 3 movie came out, would there be a push for a War Machine mini or Iron Man 2020 mini? By the way yes, I would love a Iron Man 2020 mini.

With such a large universe of characters to play with, are there any characters that don't have a regular ongoing series that you or the other guys at Marvel would love to see succeed? Is it character appeal or the story potential or creative team that helps drive the push for a series? I would think a character like the Silver Surfer, a right hand man for a world devouring god like figure, would be a perfect example.

Dear Mr. Brevoort & Company: izzit me, or is Spidey unduly prone to publicizing his abilities? He tells Massacre he's willing to take off his webcasters, he's mentioned his Spider-Sense to villains he's in the middle of fighting, giving them food for thought for future conflicts?

Dear Mr. Brevoort
    Have you ever thought a series entitled "Spider-Family" or something like that with Spider-man, Spider-girl, current Madame Web, Anti-Venom (why not?) and Spider-Woman ( I know she is not so related to the previously mentioned) facing Kane as the Tarantula, among other villains?

The curious one.

Why is death so weak in the marvel universe?

Mark_S

Cool greek myth

Hey, Joe or Tom, I loved chaos war, i know i might be in the minority group that did. But i am a huge Greek mythology person, and i don't see a lot of stories using that mythology. My question is, will we see more usage of Greek heroes and villains like Athena, Hera Zeus, or even a possible return of ares, any any marvel u stories or stand alone story arch's? The way Athena was written in the last herc run and chaos war, she would make a great villain or hero, you just never know with her,
    thx, and keep up the great work

In the aftermath of the tragic passing of the late great Dwayne McDuffie are there any plans to really start taking any of his concerns on board as regards real diversity within Marvel comics?

I'm not talking about that lip service that usually accompanies the concerns that fans raise in relation to this issue but a very real commitment to actually making the MU more representative of the diverse audience that actually invest in reading stories set in the MU's shared universe.

And just to make things clear, by diversity, I'm talking about the full spectrum of diversity across the board spanning from ethnicity/gender/religion to orientation.

What say you Tom/Joe?

P.S. You guys really need to reach out to Christopher Priest.

Peace.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm not talking about that lip service that usually accompanies the concerns that fans raise in relation to this issue but a very real commitment to actually making the MU more representative of the diverse audience that actually invest in reading stories set in the MU's shared universe.
    To echo this sentiment, I started this thread about obscure one-shot or short-lived teams located al over Marvel Earth that have the potential to fulfill this diversity. What about it? China's Eight Immortals? The Philippines' Triumph Division? France's Les Heroes (sic) de Paris?
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

hi Joe/Tom, will we get any news of Chamber's status/whereabouts after Age of X? (really enjoying seeing him again!)

Hey Tom,

The idea is growing on you isn't it?

Inception....

Dear Mr. Brevoort: I see Luke Cage occasionally depicted with an earring.. so is it safe to presume that it is a clip-on, or he got a piercing done with a vibranium needle?

Seeing AOA Jean again, do alternate realities allow a way for writers who want to write her again do that?
    Last edited by joshtylen; 03-24-2011 at 12:43 PM.