Page 4 of 253 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

hello joe:

is iron man: viva las vegas ever going to be finished? why was the series solicited in the first place if all four issues weren't even written yet? at this point, it's kind of been a waste of $ 8.00 aside from some decent granov work. it would be nice to get the rest of the story or at least an official word as to what we can expect.

where can we expect to see simone bianchi next? is his relationship with marvel still on good terms after having been removed from astonishing x-men?

thanks for your time.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Alright Joe...you teased us with Mighty Avengers and Endangered Species...now keep it real when will we see the real Scarlet Witch again?
    "Newsarama refugee"

Default Credits

Hey, Joe !!

Nice to have you here in the CBR site.

My question concerns credits.

I appreciate the generic page in your comics, it gives the information concerning the issue clearly, a summary & some creative teams played with it by introducing the 1rst panel of the comic in it.

I also appreciate the fact that during your tenure you put the respect for the creatives involved first :creating the creative summit, the young guns label to promote emerging talents & like you mentioned, making Marvel a nice place to break into comics & make a career.

I also understand that covers are a big part of your promoting strategy: having artists especially devoted to them, variant covers...

So, here's my question: how is it that the name of the cover artist is sometimes mentioned in said generic page & sometimes not ; when they are mentioned in the solicitations, the previews, even in shipping lists ?

I also definetly appreciate the work SO keep it up !!!
    Last edited by bat2supe; 06-24-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: orthograph

Laura & Logan = Family chickrockguitar's Avatar

Hey Joe,

Any chance we'll see a new Series (be it Mini or Ongoing) Of "Spider-Man Loves Marey Jane" anytime soon? If so, any chance we'll see Takeshi Miyazawa on art?
    PULLS: Morning Glories . X-23 . Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl . Ultimate Spidy . Runaways . Usagi Yojimbo

Default First Avenger

Joe

Do you know how far along casting is for Captain America? And since you have the ear of the Marvel Films gang, could you pass along that Sam Worthington (Marcus Wright in Terminator Salvation) is Steve Rogers? And then send me a check when they cast him, of course.

Default Digital Comics

Hey Joe,

I'm more of a comic book reader than a collector, so I love what Marvel has done with Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited and I hope you guys continue that trend of making comics more digitally accessible. My dream is to have a Kindle (or another type of e-reader) that would allow me to keep all of my comics with me at all times and even download them directly to the device. Is there any plans for Marvel dong something like that and if not what are you working on to make comics more available on digital media?

Hello Joe,

One aspect that I loved about the original two Marvel Zombies stories was the portrayal of the Black Panther. I am now seeing all the hype about this upcoming continuation of the original Zombie storyline with no mention of BP. Will Zombie Black Panther play some role in the upcoming Marvel Zombies Return? I will be really disappointed if he doesn’t.
    Current List: Action, Batman, Batwing, Earth 2, GLC, ,JLA, JL, Avengers, Captain America, MA, NA, SA, Spider-Man, UC Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Saga, Shadowman, Walking Dead

Hey Joe,

Few questions. I'll jump into it:

1.) Any plans or talks for Marvel to start offering books on Longbox? I know some series are offered on Marvel's site, but the quality of the reader is more than questionable. Instead of paying a subscription fee to access the back catalog, how about putting your books up for $1.99 download? You can still pay your writers/artists top dollar but reduce overhead, bringing the savings directly to the fans (less money means we'll buy more comics, right? right?)

2.) As discussed on the forums, there are over 39 titles being released in a single week this month. A lot of us have had weak pulls and then have a huge chunk all at once, not to mention there have been some late arrivals as well. Is Marvel doing anything to try to spread these titles throughout the month in the future? Again, the less money we have to spend at once will increase the liklihood that more comics will be purchased. It's better for everyone; less known titles get to continue because they will sell more, Marvel makes more money, and we are all happy.

3.) Squirrel Girl, much to my chagrin, has seemed to increase in fanbase exponentially in the last few months. It may have started out as a joke, but now people are serious. Are we going to see her anytime soon, be it with the Great Lakes Avengers or on her own?

Thanks, look forward to hearing your responses.

Joe what do you think of this from the Byrne Boards (in ref to X-Men: Forever):
    "Time for Chris and me to have dueling X-Books! (Something that was
    actually suggested back when I left the title!)

It would be like handing Marvel a license to print money! "
    http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...849&PN=0&TPN=8

Jerk

It seems like Franklin Richards is often written and drawn as if he's a kindergartener, but for a while now, he's been listed at 4'8 (a little shorter than Wolverine) and he has to be around 11 years old. Is there anything done to have writers and artists show younger characters mature and physically grow at a consistent pace as time passes in the Marvel Universe? If Marvel tries another teen mutant group in the next decade, could you foresee Franklin joining as a regular team member? Also, is there a chance we can see his old Power Pack teammates reunited since they should all be teenagers now?
    Last edited by iceman06; 06-26-2009 at 08:17 AM.

Are there any plans to redeem Bishop? He was one of my favorite X-MEN, I hate that he's pulling a Darth Vader.

In a press release about artist Ron Frenz being was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the ToonSeum at its annual fundraiser on June 5, 2009, it mentions that he is drawing a Black Knight series.

Can you confirm this?
    Stay Vocal, Demand More MI13 and Black Knight. Buy Original Sins #2
    Support Top Cow- Witchblade and Ravine! Stjepan Sejic Rules!

Hey Joe,

Any chance you could do us a quick sketch of Captain Britain? Go on, you know you want to.

~ Guest_1001
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

Jerk

It's pretty hard to come back from trying to carry out a lifelong plan to kill a baby even if it meant betraying teammates and committing mass murder without being mind-controlled or mentally derranged. I don't think changing his mind and helping the cause is enough. Do you agree that unless Bishop is absolutely right about Hope, he's irredeemable? Does the mass murder make him irredeemable whether he's right or wrong?
    Last edited by iceman06; 06-26-2009 at 08:20 AM.

Hey Joe,
    So is Obama's presidency considered official Marvel canon? The latest issue of Wolverine: Weapon X seems to be imply that not only is the president's power "irrelevant" (against stopping Blackguard) but that he might even be complicit. I understand maintaining cynicism in this tough world, but we're barely a few months removed from Marvel practically toting the President as a superhero.