Page 112 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3789

At the end of Spider-Island, will there be anyone who keep their spider-powers?

Also, have you ever given thought to a Spider-Man 2099 cartoon?
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

About a year ago, a new limited series called AVENGERS THREE from Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness was teased with a promo image, so I was curious if there were any updates on the project?

Default Costume Changes

My question is, that with so many changes being made in modern comics to make the universe more realistic, why havnt some costumes been changed that are completely un-realistic. Take Ms. Marvel's costume for example. No one would ever be able to fight in that. :/

i have 2 questions.
    1, Do you not consider that starting at a new Number 1 is a double edged sword? On the one hand, you get a sales spike (which then settles down) but on the other, it could be considered a perfect time to drop a book if you are looking for an excuse?

2, How can the comics industry justify $3.99 comic books? is it any small wonder that there is so much piracy on the net? i find it hard enough to buy all the books i like (and i earn a reasonable wage) but even to follow the Avengers books a month would set a kid back a tidy amount? i don't think that dropping the price would solve the problem on it's own, i think that the Direct Market is also part of the problem and limits availability of the medium, but if comics are to survive both these issues need addressing, sooner rather than later (and not only with web comics as most people i know prefer a paper copy to web)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye FTW View Post
    My question is, that with so many changes being made in modern comics to make the universe more realistic, why havnt some costumes been changed that are completely un-realistic. Take Ms. Marvel's costume for example. No one would ever be able to fight in that. :/
    That is a good question. Females especially X-Females are especially bad with this.

Comic Knowledger

Default Exiles!

Dear Mighty Marvelers, With the X-Men population getting so large is there a chance of catching those fan favorites that haven't gelled with other teams by making them come together? Nate Grey, Hope, X-23, Blink, Rockslide and Anole! Their purpose could be to deal with any extra-dimensional, reality altering, or time displaced mutants that come into the 616 universe (a reversal on the Exiles Concept). Legion can be their main villain, Dark Beast, Sugar Man etc! I promise I will buy 3 copies a month! You have plenty of great writers and artists that could carry this a long way. (All characters and any use of this or an idea similar to this is totally Marvel's right to do and I claim no rights to any of it!) Make mine Marvelous!
    I mean you've got all the hallmarks of a great team, A leader, a strong man, an optimistic comic relief, a transporter, an x-factor, and a killer with claws! This shizzle writes itself!
    Last edited by MarvelousPlease; 05-29-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

As has already been noted on the CBR forums and on other forums, a number of Marvel titles are now running at 20 pages for $2.99. This includes FF, Herc, Heroes for Hire and others. Why didn't Marvel give retailers and readers advance notice of this reduction? Is is a permanent feature? And if so, will Marvel at least inform retailers before they put in their final orders?
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Indigo-Tribesman That Random Guy's Avatar

Hi Tom,
    This may seem like a random question, but with big band names like AC/DC doing the Iron Man 2 soundtrack and Foo Fighters having one of their songs in the Thor soundtrack, What band/bands would you like to have in The Avengers soundtrack?
    Current Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny X-Force,Justice League, JLI, Red Lanterns, GL: New Guardians, Amazing Spider-Man.

Default Renumbering Question

Hi Tom,

I’d first like to thank you for taking the time to do these interviews; I eagerly await them every Friday, and find them very interesting and informative.

My question relates to the renumbering issue discussed on 5/27. I have been a fan since I was 10 years old -- 19 years ago -- and I am a staunch defender of the larger issue numbers on the progenitor titles in discussions with friends and online. I was heartbroken when Amazing Spider-Man went back to #1, and was relieved when it went back to #498. I was similarly grateful that the numbering survived OMD and continues through to Big Time. At the same time, I understand the business realities you face and know how attractive a #1 can be for new readers. (And as such I fear that whenever Dan Slott’s run ends on Amazing --hopefully circa year 2056-- it will be renumbered then.)

Given that, I would like to ask what are the arguments Marvel uses against renumbering? If it is that beneficial, why don’t you do it more frequently? For example, why wasn’t ASM renumbered for Brand New Day? Or Big Time? Taking it to an extreme, why isn’t every Marvel title then a series of mini-series, a la Venom in the 1990s, providing a new #1 for every story arc or change in creative team?

Thank you again for your time and I eagerly await your response!
    Last edited by SpiderPrime; 05-31-2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Clarify question to include 'change in creative team'

Comic Afficionado

Default Accessibility vs. Narrative

Hi Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to discuss my concerns about the content in Marvel books a couple weeks ago. This time I wanted to ask about the decision making process that occurs behind the publishing scene. In light of DCs recent announcement to revamp its super hero comics in September how do you decide when it's time to reassess a title or character that you feel has potential that isn't being reached? And on a related note, how do you balance those decisions with the ongoing narrative of that character or title? How do you know when to move things forward like you did with Iron Fist, or at least temporarily do so like Peter Parker teaching or Grant Morrison's X-Men, or revert things like One More Day did with Spidey's marriage?

Default Killing off characters (spoilers possible)

There are times when characters die. The most recent instance was in fear itself three. I find it hard to understand why this seemed appropriate? This was a lead character in the middle Of an arc, a character who had not previously even been in fear itself panels prior to that issue, and had not been seeing a dip in reviews or sales of his comic. So what goes into the decision to kill characters like this? Does it matter whether they have finished stories or not when making these death choices? Have you ever regretted killing off a character? With this particular character do you fear comedic backlash if you ever tried to bring back the character "who could never be brought back to life...again."
    Last edited by Quintin crusher; 06-01-2011 at 03:32 PM.

What's next for Olivier Coipel, Paul Gulacy and David Aja?

Any chances to see Mr. Gulacy drawing a Black Widow series?
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Hi Tom Brevoort or David Gabriel, just wondering but why are certain $3.99 books 21 pages? Examples are Avengers #13, Ultimate Spider-Man #157 & Uncanny X-Men #536, is this page count to be expected of all $3.99 books from now on or is this another "testing the page count" type of thing?

Hi Tom, I have a few questions:

First, years ago, Marvel used to publish comics bi-monthly, like what you're doing with Avengers:The Children's Crusade. Do you think that doing a few more ongoing bi-monthly titles will help cut down on some of the costs and maybe give us more titles at the $2.99 range?

Next, we are going to have a major reshuffling of Avengers teams after Fear Itself. Will we see the return of some former longstanding Avengers(hint:Black Panther, the Vision) and possibly heroes that have never been Avengers?

Another question, more of a personal wish. Iron Man and Black Panther are two of my favorite characters. They have a semi-friendly/antagonistic relationship. Can you possibly do a mini with these two characters or a crossover involving their titles? I think their relationship is a great dynamic.

Finally, What's going on with Marvel annuals? They haven't really been coming out with any consistency lately. Are there plans to do line wide annuals anymore or will it be select titles?

Thanks Tom.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Hey!

Just curious if Olivier Coipel will be drawing the second arc of Fraction's Mighty Thor title or if another artist will be on board like the return of Pasqual Ferry?