Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: HeroesCon: Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Crime novelist Gregg Hurwitz and artist Jerome OpeƱa take the lunar vigilante into an all-new, vengeful series placed squarely in the Marvel Universe. We spoke with Hurwitz about "Vengeance of the Moon Knight."

Full article here.

A Moon Knight cover by Alex Ross?

I've seen it all now. Good night.

Wow, that's an exciting article.

As a Moon Knight fan who was bored to tears with Benson's version I am pumped for the new "open-ended ongoing" series now . . .

I only wish Marvel would've simply switched up the creative team instead for the next arc instead of callnig it a reboot . . . especially since the story flows from where the last one left off . . . but whatever, Marvel will get their extra $1 on the 1st issue I guess . . .

Marvel should've took this opportunity with Moon Knight ending to bring it over to the MAX line. The mature elements in that book belong in the MAX universe and it'd make a great companion title to the Punisher. And while we're on the topic, they should do the same thing with Ghost Rider after Jason Aaron finishes his run. Marvel needs to understand that a line can't live with only one title and a few mini-series. They had such a great thing with Alias and Supreme Power but they had to ruin it by bringing them over to the main Universe as PG titles. We all know how that ended up. Bendis cancelled The Pulse by #13 and Straczynski lost interest in Squadron Supreme. I mean, who's going to read these titles about Jessica Jones and a murdering "Superman". Adults. Not children. So why rate it PG? Just leave it alone as an excellent, mature-rated series. Watering it down just takes away from the overall experience. This is why I believe that characters like Moon Knight and Ghost Rider belong at MAX. Even the Punisher, for that matter. I tried my best to enjoy Fraction and Remender's runs on the Punisher but I just can't enjoy him the main Universe anymore after reading Ennis' MAX run (and I can't wait for Aaron to take over the book).

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

Exclamation

This sounds really good. I think, however, that that may be the worst Alex Ross cover I've seen in a long time.

It sounds like an exciting revamp but my impression of the Jake lockley side of MK was that he was more laid back,clever, and street smart. He doesnt seem like that is the personality that should be back as the head when he has to go around shooting and taking out violent crooks.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

BANNED

Marc Spector just became a casualty of Civil War so its totally unfair to knock him out like this when he had no chance to flex his muscle out of it.

I'd like to see what these guys have in store for the new title though since it is Punisher inspired but the Dark Reign aspect again will pull things down badly. Its spurning out of event type scenario.

What are the plans for the future storylines then once the event ends? It'll get cancelled thats what will happen!

Love that Leinel Yu cover, even if it's a little too TDK-inspired.

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Quote Originally Posted by tridon View Post
    Marvel should've took this opportunity with Moon Knight ending to bring it over to the MAX line . . . Marvel needs to understand that a line can't live with only one title and a few mini-series . . . So why rate it PG? Just leave it alone as an excellent, mature-rated series. Watering it down just takes away from the overall experience.
    $$$$$$$$$$ (Not to hyperbolize but I needed 10 characters)

I'm pumped about this. I like what Greg Hurwitz had to say in regards to Moon Knight. Sounds like he is in good hand.

Fingers and toes crossed they make a poster out of that Alex Ross cover. Especially since it's a Bill Sienkiewicz/Alex Ross collaboration.

Here is the Sienkiewicz image that was a splash page in one of the Hulk magazine back-up stories and also used as a promo image. It has always been one Of my favorite Moon Knight images and now having it painted by Ross is the icing on the cake.

MK has not been good since Moench and Sienkiewicz.

I agree they should make him a MAX character and shift Ghost Rider and maybe Man-Thing over too.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Opena on art? Sweet.
    The Large Hadron Collider on the France-Switzerland border inadvertently will crush the Earth out of existence (unlikely, but at least humanity's final thought would be, "Blame the French")

YES! This is some happy news! I like the Yu Cover, that is one cool looking Moon-Bike,Moon-Cycle.....whatever cool to see Moon Knight still around. Norman Osborn is gonna get his *^&%&# kicked! WOOO!!

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    MK has not been good since Moench and Sienkiewicz.

I agree they should make him a MAX character and shift Ghost Rider and maybe Man-Thing over too.
    I agree with Ghost Rider. Put him in MAX and let's forget the last 5 years of lame stories told. Let's forget the angel angle and multi-Riders and Ennis and Hammer Lame.
    I would like a nice, good - no GREAT Ghost Rider story again! It's been over 10 years!

As for Manny...he might work there but it would depend on who writes it. The Man-Thing isn't an easy character to write for.