Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Dan DiDio Talks Wednesday Comics!

DCU Executive Editor Dan DiDio candidly shares with CBR his thoughts on the landmark deal to publish a Superman strip in "USA Today" and discusses his own Metal Men strip that will appear in "Wednesday Comics."

Full article here.

Wednesday Comics sounds like it'll be great. Everything DiDio says about it has me really excited for it :D

Anyone know if they'll put 'em in TPBs? I'm loving what I'm seeing but I'm a trade waiter and with the unique over sized format and the fact it's more of an anthology title unlike the previous weeklies make it seem like they may not.
    Theophilus: "Otherwise it makes Mephisto seem more like a divorce lawyer than anything else."

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tetsuothegreat

I'll buy it when it comes out weekly. This is different than trade waiting. This is a different dynamic and medium. It's got a great retro feel and I want to send my money signal that I'd like to see more of it.

If it gets collected, I'll buy that later too, probably multiples as Christmas gifts. Hopefully it would be hardbound and oversized.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

When I first heard about this I was terribly skeptical. It just sounded like a gimmick. BUT, once the pages started coming out, wow. This thing just looks incredible.

Getting just the first issue into USA Today is a HUGE get. When this comes out It'll be the first time in years I've picked up a USA Today (last time was while on business in Singapore in 2006 because I needed some of them crazy USA Today charts!).
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

The thing I dislike about it is the traditional newsprint style paper, I would have preferred a glossier stock since the art would probably look better on it.

What's the price on this again?

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

This is gonna be amazing. Is there anyone who actually doesn't think this is a good idea?
    Last edited by maniacmatt; 06-18-2009 at 04:23 PM.

I'm still on the fence.

Default And any new fans from the USA today

will go to the local comic book shop to find that Superman is not in Superman, and Batman, is dead.

This is looking really great.

And right now, I have a copy of “Detective Comics” with Batwoman on my desk. And let me tell you, I feel with Batwoman we are reinventing what comics are all about. This transcends the traditional comic book.
    I want everyone to remember this quote when they say Marvel is the only over exaggerating hype machine. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    I want everyone to remember this quote when they say Marvel is the only over exaggerating hype machine. :P
    You can't exaggerate when the team is JH Williams III and Rucka.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo_man View Post
    Anyone know if they'll put 'em in TPBs? I'm loving what I'm seeing but I'm a trade waiter and with the unique over sized format and the fact it's more of an anthology title unlike the previous weeklies make it seem like they may not.
    One of the guys at my local comic shop told me that the trade they have planned is going to be bigger than normal-sized to accommodate the intended size of the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraze View Post
    One of the guys at my local comic shop told me that the trade they have planned is going to be bigger than normal-sized to accommodate the intended size of the art.
    That is awesome and means I will trade wait (otherwise I would have had to do some serious thinking of whether or not I'd buy it regularly or not).
    Theophilus: "Otherwise it makes Mephisto seem more like a divorce lawyer than anything else."

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tetsuothegreat

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmatt View Post
    This is gonna be amazing. Is there anyone who actually doesn't think this is a good idea?
    I'm passing on it. Too expensive for a book that has nothing to do with anything currently going on.