Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Image United: The Upcoming Image Founder Crossover

The creator-driven publisher plans for a stunningly ambitious project co-created and co-illustrated by six company founders and written by new partner Robert Kirkman.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17409

Where is the preview ART!

Is getting these guys to do the layouts round-robin-style really a good idea? Wouldn't they be better off getting one guy - probably "none of the above" to keep it simple - to lay out the whole series?

What the...?

I think it sounds crazy and fun. Lets hope they can pull it off.

Also glad Kirkman is involved. Though it'd be neat to see some of his characters in there but that might add to the logistical nightmare.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 07-25-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Not a single foot in the entire shot. I'm guessing Liefeld did the lay-out on this.

Either way. Image was born during my first fanboy foray into the comics. I'm casually excited to see what happens with this.

Since I've so recently become an Image fanboy, I'll be buying this one no questions asked.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this...and totally redeem yourself!

Count me as one of those early-90s Image fanboys...and seeing that sketch totally gave me a chromium foil boner. This is just crazy enough to work.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the other, more recent, Image heroes at least make a cameo (Invincible, Firebreather, the Noble's, etc.), which would just add to the overall awesomeness of this Image cluster%@#$.

...I would also like to note that less than a month ago I asked Erik Larsen the chances of seeing an Image-wide crossover event, and I'm sure when he read that question he giggled like a school girl on the other end of his desktop...
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Not a single foot in the entire shot. I'm guessing Liefeld did the lay-out on this.
    ***LMFAO***
    Last edited by BugsySig; 07-25-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

What the...?

I personally can't wait for the speed line frenzy that will be the Rob Liefeld issue.

It should be interesting who does the most work on the book. Considering everyone is drawing their own characters. I think Erik and Rob have the most characters in their little corners. But I I think Rob and Marc had the most successful books. Whilce basically has his new guy since Wetworks is off limits. We'll probably just see Spawn and a few assorted bad guys and maybe supporting characters from Todd.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the other, more recent, Image heroes at least make a cameo (Invincible, Firebreather, the Noble's, etc.), which would just add to the overall awesomeness of this Image cluster%@#$.
    Scheduling that might be difficult. But it'd be nice if they snuck a few Cory Walker drawn Invincible shots in there. But it sounds like it's mainly a founders affair. Too bad Jim Lee couldn't be involved.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 07-25-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    I personally can't wait for the speed line frenzy that will be the Rob Liefeld issue.

It should be interesting who does the most work on the book. Considering everyone is drawing their own characters. I think Erik and Rob have the most characters in their little corners. But I I think Rob and Marc had the most successful books. Whilce basically has his new guy since Wetworks is off limits. We'll probably just see Spawn and a few assorted bad guys and maybe supporting characters from Todd.

Scheduling that might be difficult. But it'd be nice if they snuck a few Cory Walker drawn Invincible shots in there. But it sounds like it's mainly a founders affair. Too bad Jim Lee couldn't be involved.
    The interview with Kirkman made it sound like almost all of their original characters would be making appearances (like Super-Patriot, Darkness, etc) so they should all be pretty busy. Of course Todd may have the easiest time since most of "his" popular characters were actually created by others (ala Angela).

I would love just a big, fat, Image-Universe spread featuring the founders' characters plus the newbies, all drawn by their individual artists. Even if it was the final shot of the series, that would be awesome.

PS - Is it just me, or does that new Portacio character just not look right in there with all those iconic Image heroes?

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    The interview with Kirkman made it sound like almost all of their original characters would be making appearances (like Super-Patriot, Darkness, etc) so they should all be pretty busy. Of course Todd may have the easiest time since most of "his" popular characters were actually created by others (ala Angela).
    He's the cocreator of Angela. It's not like Neil Gaiman decided what she looked like and the court ruling split the rights in half. Either way she's dead so it's a non issue. And Cog isn't in the book anymore.

I'm curious about who will draw Overtkill (if he appears) who was co-created by Liefeld and McFarlane.

Or if we'll see Haunt, the upcoming Kirkman and McFarlane character.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 07-25-2008 at 09:21 PM.

...and seeing that sketch totally gave me a chromium foil boner.
    If I did things like quote people in my signature, I totally would.

LOL

PS - Is it just me, or does that new Portacio character just not look right in there with all those iconic Image heroes?
    actually he seemed like he existed before in the image-verse to me. i swore that he had been a previous existing character from the ninties till they mentioned wilce had this new character. but that might just be me.

I like it. This could be really good. It could also suck. With only one writer, and a good one at that, to keep things together, I'm guessing we're going to see some great story and art.
    Michael Pilgaard, fanboy at large
    WeirdSpace, a Multiverse Who's Who, since 2003
    American Comic Books, an index