Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: EXCLUSIVE: John Cassaday's "Project Superpowers: Chapter Two" Cover

Courtesy of Dynamite, CBR brings you an exclusive first look at John Cassaday's variant cover artwork for "Project Superpowers: Chapter Two" #2, on sale in August.

Full article here.

It looks awesome. Can't wait for the collection. I really enjoyed the first series, but haven't picked up ant of the spin-off minis. Anyone know if they are any good? Are they necessary reading for PSP vol. 2?

I read all 3 solo series. Daredevil by Casey & Salazar was very good. It had alot of action, reintroduced The Ghost & Silver Streak & had a great ending that has to be addressed in the next volume. I loved Salazar's bright polished art.

Masquerade has great writing by Hester with art by Paul. It has flashbacks to Fighting Yank capturing the various heroes in the urn. I have enjoyed this series also. I see this series as a prequel to volume one. I found Paul's art better in this book than his work in volume one.

The Black Terror was my least favorite of the three yet it is the "bridge" between volumes one & two. I liked the plot but I find Krueger's dialog to be lacking IMO. Lilly's art was similar to the first volume - OK but too "muddy".

Hope this info helps.

Thanks md62. Sounds like I will have to pick them up and look them over before reading the next volume. Sigh. I was hoping for something a little more self-contained.

I wonder if they are going to be collected individually or as one collection.