Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Nick Simmons Talks "Incarnate"

Nick Simmons's "Incarnate" debuts in August from Radical, introducing a new race of immortal blood-suckers. We spoke with the writer-artist about the series and how his father Gene Simmons (KISS) influenced his taste in comics.

Full article here.

His style looks like a mixture of one piece and hellsing.

But i think I'll pass, story doesn't seem that original and I'm just not that much into manga style

Question Sounds to much like hellsing

Although im a big fan of manga, and American comics, this just looks and sounds like a hellsing rip off. Essentially copied the main character, with out the big guns and the coat and hat, but the thing with becoming a shadow and showing the eye's is exactly a hellsing thing.

I have to say that i won't be surprised if they get sued by whoever publishes hellsing.

So this supposedly new comic is just giving Hellsing a slightly different look and Slightly changed story. Nice try Nick unfortunately your first comic book is ripped off a manga

I like the hyper stylized artwork. I haven't seen much of it, so but I like what I've seen. He seems to know the comics industry. Sure the idea doesn't seem exactly original, but I'll reserve judgment until I read it. Its seems the closer a project is to a creator (the more involved) the better it turns out.

Default Loved it

Well, just dropping my stone in the pond, I must say I've read the #3 issues released so far and I loved it!!! I reckon the action tends to move a bit fast, but I'd love to see an anime based on this, as a side-note, I think it is closer to Bleach than to One Piece, The general looks so much like Zaraki Kenpachi..xD, even so, I really enjoyed the books, and Looking forward to the 4th!! Make your mark in the industry Nick!! Cheers

This was a great Mini and makes me want more. Lets go! WRITE! DRAW! INK! COLOR! PRINT!

Unfortunately, this "comic" is a complete ripoff of several manga. I am quite sure few, if any of these pages are actually drawn by the author.
    The panels are simply photoshopped versions of scans from other mangas. That includes Bleach, Vampire Hunter D, Hellsing, Nana, and a few more I am not aware of, perhaps.
    I am not speaking about inspirations, I am speaking of every single panel simply being recoloured and re-traced versions of the original pages. For a few of the panels ripped from Bleach, here is an example. http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost...82&postcount=1
    (Open the spoiler tab.)
    Now that this has come to the attention of the net community, we'll alert necessary authorities.

I apologize if I have antagonized or offended anyone, it just angers me when one steals others work, especially art work.

BANNED

zoinks!

Well this whole thing sort of blew up in his face.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/02/...omics-respond/

Whatever becomes of Nick Simmons after Viz, and whoever else, is done with him, his comics career is over....never to return...

Has there been any response by Simmons yet? I find this funny because in the CBR Boat Show interview I believe Gene said that he had no idea Nick could draw and that he randomly came down one day and Nick was like "Check this out." Seems like we now know where his sudden influx of "talent" came from.

There was a response; he said it was an "homage" I believe... It will be interesting to see where this goes.
    Geek Brunch Podcast - comics, TV, movies, and delicious, delicious food.

BANNED

well.....an "homage to artist" certainly is not unheard of, but that still doesn't explain stealing the actual words right from the balloons...

his response is hilarious. I guess the deviantart images he stole were used as an "homage" as well? Looking at some of these panel comparisons would make Land blush.