Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Do you really think so? Solaris's Avatar

Default IGN: Top 100 comic book villains of all time

Just thought people might have fun with this:

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/index.html
    Solaris

The worst disease in our world is a lack of compassion, and the blind ignorant sense of entitlement which takes no account of sacrifices made by others that allow said individual to exist.---me

Tarma: "Surprise, youngling! Nothing learned is ever lost or wasted."

---Misty Lackey

How the hell did Waller make that list? Seriously, for the vast majority of her career she was the one of the protagonists of her comic. And most of her villain showings (Superman/Batman, for example) are seriously inferior to her Suicide Squad showings.

Edit: You could probably make the same argument for the Shade and maybe even Catwoman, too.
    Last edited by Grazzt; 05-30-2009 at 06:50 AM.

The Hunter Rose entry is confusing:

If only he would get more play opposite Batman, and in the mainstream in general.
    He's a creator-owned character published through Dark Horse, why'd he get regular play opposite Batman?

They also get Scotland confused with Ireland on the Mirror Master profile...

But I do like their take on Doomsday, that he's coasting because he knows nobody can diss his rep - "It's not like he has anything left to prove".
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Batroc the Leaper will avenge this omission!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    The Hunter Rose entry is confusing:

He's a creator-owned character published through Dark Horse, why'd he get regular play opposite Batman?
    He had a couple of minis or one-shots where he fought Batman and Robin.

Interesting list....

Surprised that Magneto was #1 as I thought for sure given the love people have for the Joker, the latter would be in #1 with either Magneto or Doom as 3rd.

Surprised that Darkseid is ranked so high...Really, other than the Great Darkness Saga, and basically pre-Crisis presence, Darkseid has been treated pretty badly by writers...(yeah, Darkseid was the "ultimate evil" of Final Crisis but Grant M did a serious mindfuck on people with that so I doubt Darkseid's ranking is because of this)

The X-men, Spidey, Superman and Batman all have multiple villains (at least 10 each for them)..Truly A-list properties IMO. Avengers aren't doing too shabby either as many of the villains people consider "Avenger villains" made the list..JLA villain seems to be only Prometheus and Despero though...

Flash and the Hulk both get 3-5 placements so good for them and the only other hero with multiple entries looks like Captain Marvel (Sivana and Black Adam), Daredevil (Bullseye and Fisk both of who rank pretty high) and Green Lantern (Parallax and Sinestro

Disappointing that Wonder Woman highest ranked villain is at 69...Cheetah and that she only has one villain on the list...

Disgusted that rape gives you cred (re: Doctor Light at 84) seriously that's all he's known for...

Born under a wandrin Star Tobias March's Avatar

"I did it 35 minutes ago." With that simple line, Ozymandias cemented his place as a comic book villain to remember.

Just nice to remember how beautifully it played in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfreeman View Post
    He had a couple of minis or one-shots where he fought Batman and Robin.
    I know, but he can't do it regularly. I don't know why they act like he can.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

America's Sweetheart Pink Bat Maxine's Avatar

IGN's always been a wee bit Marvel biassed, so this list held no surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by AllisterH View Post
    Interesting list....

Surprised that Magneto was #1 as I thought for sure given the love people have for the Joker, the latter would be in #1 with either Magneto or Doom as 3rd.

Surprised that Darkseid is ranked so high...Really, other than the Great Darkness Saga, and basically pre-Crisis presence, Darkseid has been treated pretty badly by writers...(yeah, Darkseid was the "ultimate evil" of Final Crisis but Grant M did a serious mindfuck on people with that so I doubt Darkseid's ranking is because of this)

The X-men, Spidey, Superman and Batman all have multiple villains (at least 10 each people consider "Avenger villains" made the list..JLA villain seems to be only Prometheus and Despero though...

Flash and the Hulk both get 3-5 placements so good for them and the only other hero with multiple entries looks like Captain Marvel (Sivana and Black Adam), Daredevil (Bullseye and Fisk both of who rank pretty high) and Green Lantern (Parallax and Sinestro

Disappointing that Wonder Woman highest ranked villain is at 69...Cheetah and that she only has one villain on the list...

Disgusted that rape gives you cred (re: Doctor Light at 84) seriously that's all he's known for...

Seriously, ty for the link but I am not going to read this... obviously, some writer(s) had WAAAAAY too much free time.
    "I am not only the Queen of Heaven, but also the Mother of Mercy."
    -Our Lady to Saint Faustina

They even got her origin totally wrong in their description.

Sinestro has come a long way.

I suspect Green Lantern Rebirth and sinestro corps war done wonders for him.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Look at Bane ...

yeah.. Sinister Six...

yeah

RESEARCH PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Bat Maxine View Post
    IGN's always been a wee bit Marvel biassed, so this list held no surprises.
    How so?

This list is filled primarily with Superman, Spidey, Batman and X-men villains almost equally.

America's Sweetheart Pink Bat Maxine's Avatar

How so?

This list is filled primarily with Superman, Spidey, Batman and X-men villains almost equally.
    Back when I read thier reviews, they tended to rate Marvel books far higher and with more forgiveness than DC. A few comments gave me the impression that they thought DC kinda dumb.
    Last edited by Pink Bat Maxine; 05-30-2009 at 07:55 PM.