Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Savage Dragon Turns 150!

Even the surprise return of Savage Dragon's arch-nemesis Overlord can't stop the scaly-skinned sentry from celebrating his 150th issue - can it? We spoke with creator Erik Larsen about the milestone issue.

Full article here.

I've never read Savage Dragon but my friend lives and breathes this comic. It's incredible how much he's followed it since its start. This looks interesting... I may have to check out some of his back-issues.

Buy Savage Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by tridon View Post
    I've never read Savage Dragon but my friend lives and breathes this comic. It's incredible how much he's followed it since its start. This looks interesting... I may have to check out some of his back-issues.
    You really should, it's hands down the best pure superhero comic around. Tons of fun, guaranteed!
    - Gav

If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

Buy Savage Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Even the surprise return of Savage Dragon's arch-nemesis Overlord can't stop the scaly-skinned sentry from celebrating his 150th issue - can it? We spoke with creator Erik Larsen about the milestone issue.

Full article here.
    "Scaly-skinned?" Sigh. Good interview, though!
    - Gav

If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

What the...?

Little wary about Overlord returning (even though it's not the same guy in the suit). But I was pretty wary about Dragon becoming a cop again and the run has been pretty great so far. I'm pretty excited about the Dart centric issue that's coming out in two weeks.

I'm glad Erik is doing more press for the book. This is like the fourth or fifth Dragon CBR article this year.

Buy Savage Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    Little wary about Overlord returning (even though it's not the same guy in the suit). But I was pretty wary about Dragon becoming a cop again and the run has been pretty great so far. I'm pretty excited about the Dart centric issue that's coming out in two weeks.

I'm glad Erik is doing more press for the book. This is like the fourth or fifth Dragon CBR article this year.
    I'm less wary about OverLord returning if only because we all know how bored Erik was with OverLord previously. If he's bringing him back, you know he's found something to make the character exciting again.

The fact that OverLord's going after the current VC leader (I'm looking forward to seeing which character is in charge... and doomed) and is going to take the VC by force. He's going to have to be one hell of a scary bastard for the VC to then accept him, so just imagine the carnage he's going to be responsible for! I'm expecting a bunch of old school VC deaths during 150, and I can't wait! :)
    - Gav

I like how the interview focused so heavily on Overlord and just kind of touched on Dragon's current situation, really without much of a teaser as to Dragon's well-being following #150. His fate is really hanging out there and I am definitely holding my breath. I kind of feel fortunate that over the last several months I have been reacquiring the SD series from the start. In the last few months I've read up to issue #46, so I hope to have a leg-up on figuring out who the new Overlord is.

This is such a great book...
    Collectors who jump on late are going to be in big trouble trying to build runs of this book if it ever takes off with a movie or an animated series or something because the print run is so low.

It's just a fun-comic-book. The end. Nothing more, nothing less.

Current eBay Listings: Nothing at the moment....

Newest A.I. zine!!
    A.I. 74! HERE! [Our amazing-amalgamated-Power-punch cover is worth the download alone!! Click the link & download the zine for free!]

Quote Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
    This is such a great book...
    Collectors who jump on late are going to be in big trouble trying to build runs of this book if it ever takes off with a movie or an animated series or something because the print run is so low.

It's just a fun-comic-book. The end. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I think an animated series would be the best way to go with it...especially one geared toward adults...but the first series in the mid-90's didn't do very well. Wait...I am thinking of Savage Dragon, right? I was sure there was one, but I can't think of anything about it at the moment. Maybe I'm thinking of another property?

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert318 View Post
    I think an animated series would be the best way to go with it...especially one geared toward adults...but the first series in the mid-90's didn't do very well. Wait...I am thinking of Savage Dragon, right? I was sure there was one, but I can't think of anything about it at the moment. Maybe I'm thinking of another property?
    It was on USA on Sundays. And I think the ratings were apparently pretty decent but the network decided to change the format and canceled all their kids programing.

It was pretty terrible though.

Larson should go the Lady Death route and make a direct to DVD animated feature. It would sell to the comic buying public and get the Dragon name out there a bit.

Current eBay Listings: Nothing at the moment....

Newest A.I. zine!!
    A.I. 74! HERE! [Our amazing-amalgamated-Power-punch cover is worth the download alone!! Click the link & download the zine for free!]