View Poll Results: Logurt?

Voters
178. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes! In every sense of the word!

66 37.08%
  • Yes! Uhm...as friends.

82 46.07%
  • I love them under the right writer (please specify which one and why).

19 10.67%
  • I am lukewarm towards the matter.

11 6.18%
  • Oh God! The HAIR!<3

34 19.10%
  • Oh God! The HAIR!

18 10.11%
  • I am passionately against this pairing in any way, shape or form.

15 8.43%
  • Squee!

34 19.10%
  • *flail*

26 14.61%
  • Other (please specify).

14 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364
    Curioser and curioser March Hare's Avatar

And now a rare scene: Logan comforting Kurt instead of the contrary:

http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/...t=dda6aa7c.jpg

One more time, I apologize for my bad English]

STORM: If Magus is so powerful as he said...why threaten us? Why don't destroy us?

NIGHTCRAWLER: Do you think it was a bluff, Ororo?

STORM: You are the leader, Kurt. You tell me. [Ororo and her tact!]

NIGHTCRAWLER: Leader?... What a joke! I didn't even think of following Magus while we were calling for you.

WOLVERINE: Follow him? How? You were shattered. We would have found another circuite sculpture. An unnecessary sacrifice. You did it well. You faced up to him and you keep alive, elf... You didn't be defeated.

NIGHTCRAWLER: Just good luck. This position should be yours.

WOLVERINE: Being leader is not my style.

This scene is useful for discuss another matter. We now that Kurt's weak point is women (in my language it would be said: "He likes chicks more than eating with his own fingers [instead of with cutlery]", but I can't find an equivalent English saying). However he has another Achilles' heel: he can face leadership with efficiency enough when necessary...but he's overwhelmed by its burden. He doubts his own ability, and the implied human cost is too high for him. Anyway, this situation always ruins his nature.

There is a lovely scene written by Claremont in which Betsy notice new wrinkles in his eyes because of his worry. I'll post it another day.
    Last edited by March Hare; 10-01-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    This scene is useful for discuss another matter. We now that Kurt's weak point is women (in my language it would be said: "He likes chicks more than eating with his own fingers [instead of with cutlery]", but I can't find an equivalent English saying). However he has another Achilles' heel: he can face leadership with efficiency enough when necessary...but he's overwhelmed by its burden. He doubts his own ability, and the implied human cost is too high for him. Anyway, this situation always ruins his nature.

There is a lovely scene written by Claremont in which Betsy notice new wrinkles in his eyes because of his worry. I'll post it another day.
    Ah, don't worry about your English.

Women are definitely a hang-up with Kurt. He seems attracted to bad, questionable or ultimately tragic relationships like flies to poo.

We have Amanda, who lied to him, dabbles with demons, posed as someone else for him to fall in love with, almost got him killed in Hell (more than once), and who also happens to be his (foster) sister.
    We have Meggan, who was in love with another man.
    Anjulie, a one night stand that almost got he and his friends killed.
    Cerise, an alien convicted of war crimes.
    Christine, a female stalker type and Mara Keller, the same.
    Poor boy.

I remember an issue in Excalibur where Kitty is pointing out that he doesn't laugh as much any more, since taking the mantle of leadership. I think he was a good leader, once he got past self-doubts, but I think his compulsion to be liked made it difficult for him.

Really, I always thought Austens whole exchange with Kurt and Scott was the only instance that whole "need to be liked" thing was brought up as being the problem. I dont have much stock in a lot of what Austen wrote in regards of Kurts leadership. Everytime Claremont or Davis (even Casey) wrote him he had worries and doubts but I dont think any of them had to do with being liked. I choose to go with them, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Women are definitely a hang-up with Kurt. He seems attracted to bad, questionable or ultimately tragic relationships like flies to poo.

We have Amanda, who lied to him, dabbles with demons, posed as someone else for him to fall in love with, almost got him killed in Hell (more than once), and who also happens to be his (foster) sister.
    We have Meggan, who was in love with another man.
    Anjulie, a one night stand that almost got he and his friends killed.
    Cerise, an alien convicted of war crimes.
    Christine, a female stalker type and Mara Keller, the same.
    Poor boy.
    I didn't know who Mara Keller was, but I learned she only appears for an issue, so it doesn't care...

Well, Kurt may have been bad luck with most of his "girlfriends", but he has enjoyed so much in intermissions, hasn't he ? Didn't he say when meeting Nocturna "I knew I should have been more careful"?

Anyway, I keep thinking that Jimaine (not Amanda, please) is his natural couple, incestuous or not. And let's remember that he was rude to her sometimes, too...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Really, I always thought Austens whole exchange with Kurt and Scott was the only instance that whole "need to be liked" thing was brought up as being the problem. I dont have much stock in a lot of what Austen wrote in regards of Kurts leadership. Everytime Claremont or Davis (even Casey) wrote him he had worries and doubts but I dont think any of them had to do with being liked. I choose to go with them, personally.
    I agree. Kurt got used to be rejected by his looking and he knew perfectly when he was appreciated or not. Just for a couple of issues at Excalibur he began to lose heart with the idea of "being a pet" for the rest of X-Men, but he recovered from it at once.
    Last edited by March Hare; 09-15-2012 at 01:55 AM.