View Poll Results: Logurt?

Voters
178. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes! In every sense of the word!

66 37.08%
  • Yes! Uhm...as friends.

82 46.07%
  • I love them under the right writer (please specify which one and why).

19 10.67%
  • I am lukewarm towards the matter.

11 6.18%
  • Oh God! The HAIR!<3

34 19.10%
  • Oh God! The HAIR!

18 10.11%
  • I am passionately against this pairing in any way, shape or form.

15 8.43%
  • Squee!

34 19.10%
  • *flail*

26 14.61%
  • Other (please specify).

14 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by omgu8mynewt View Post
    I have a quick question - which issue and prisoner are you guys talking about Logan killing in cold blood?
    Uncanny X-men #523 - part 2 of Second Coming.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

"I think you all look at least as splendid as I!" ~ Nightcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    I don't think there's much of a contest there. Wolverine is about as alpha as they get.

However, being the alpha male isn't always an admirable thing. Sometimes it's not even a good thing. I'd rather be a beta male, if I had the choice.

Not long ago, we were discussing whether Logan learned anything from Kurt's death, or whether he's still as vicious as he always was. These two pages from Uncanny X-Force might be taken to show that he is perhaps a little less ruthless than he used to be. The background is that Apocalypse has been reincarnated by his followers, but is still a young boy in the process of being trained. He's as cute as a button, and really not such a bad kid at all. When X-Force comes face to face with their target and realize he is just a child, first Betsy refuses to kill him, then Warren, then, believe it or not, Logan, who says they should take him back with them and retrain him. At which point, Fantomex shoots the kid through the head.

Thanks for the scans, those pages are really interesting. I think it's part of the larger discussion of morality and survival that's been going on through most of the books lately (and even the nature vs. nurture debate which is a big part of X-men), rather than anything specifically having to do with Kurt. And for all his brutality, Logan's always been soft on kids. But Kurt was definitely part of that discussion too, so there's a connection.

I never meant to say Kurt's death was the *only* thing that might have influenced Logan, but just that he isn't always being portrayed as the worst and most heartless of the good guys in some recent stories.

SPOILER WARNING FOR BELOW: FIRST CLASS MOVIE

Anyone else seen First Class yet? It's very well done, especially the ideological conflict between Charles and Erik. Mystique is much younger, but I liked how she learned what she told Kurt in X-2: "We shouldn't have to." Azazel fights just like Nightcrawler and is awesome to watch. And there are no references made to either him or Mystique that could be made to mean either of them are his parents. In fact, they barely have anything to do with each other throughout the movie.

Uncanny X-Force #11 is full of love. I would post scans, but I'm not sure if it's allowed yet?
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

"I think you all look at least as splendid as I!" ~ Nightcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    spoilers:

Anyone else seen First Class yet? It's very well done, especially the ideological conflict between Charles and Erik. Mystique is much younger, but I liked how she learned what she told Kurt in X-2: "We shouldn't have to." Azazel fights just like Nightcrawler and is awesome to watch. And there are no references made to either him or Mystique that could be made to mean either of them are his parents. In fact, they barely have anything to do with each other throughout the movie.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I was going to say the EXACT SAME THING! I loved how badass Azazel was and how much like Kurt, not only of X2 but of his badass comic moments as well, he was.
    end of spoilers
    "We're supposed to be heroes -- but we never really make things better. We have no lasting effect on people -- or the world."

Mimschkin's colossal X-Reading Order

Anyone else see Uncanny X-Force 11? That's only part one of what might be a 3 or 4 part story arc. I'm hoping Kurt will be in the rest of it as much as he was in the beginning. Sure would be nice if he could get dragged back to the 616 universe when the rest go back, but I'm not sure the writers will take it in that direction, since that could be a problem if they ever want to bring the original Kurt back to life. Still, writers have worked around such "problems" before. No reason they couldn't do it again.
    I know I'm going out on a limb here, but wouldn't it be nice to see the dead Kurt interact with his AoA counterpart, the way he did with Logan?

Karl-5, thank you so much!!!!!!!!! The writer did a great job...it doesn't take much to make me cry these days, but still...my eyes watered a bit while reading these pages...:facepalm:
    "We're both survivors."

Kaktusic,
    You're very welcome.

I'll soon have greater access to new comics, since there's a new store scheduled to open right here in the same town where I live next month. I'll be very interested in seeing what they've got available.

Ahh, thank you so much Karl!! I'm loving those pages. I really need to get into X-Force. The art is lovely as well.
    "We're supposed to be heroes -- but we never really make things better. We have no lasting effect on people -- or the world."

Mimschkin's colossal X-Reading Order

Uncanny X-Force is pretty darn good, even before we got to AoA Kurt. The first four issues were about Apocalypse and were very well done. (They are out in TPB already.) There was also one (#9) where Magneto asked Logan to take care of a personal enemy for him; the commandant of the concentration camp where his parents were killed. Sounds pretty trite, right? But it wasn't quite what one would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    Uncanny X-Force is pretty darn good, even before we got to AoA Kurt. The first four issues were about Apocalypse and were very well done. (They are out in TPB already.) There was also one (#9) where Magneto asked Logan to take care of a personal enemy for him; the commandant of the concentration camp where his parents were killed. Sounds pretty trite, right? But it wasn't quite what one would expect.
    AoA Mags or 616 Mags? Because I thought he went back in Classic X-Men and brought him to justice himself?

Also I'm really interested in the logan/Kurt moments of X-Force. I may have to pick it up.