BANNED

Default Spider-Man: The Anime

So, I'm watching Batman: Gotham Knights, the tie in film to the Dark Knight that had a series of short vignettes, tied loosely together with an underlying subplot, all done by various Japanese directors. And it got me to thinking, "who would be interested in a similar project, albeit starring Spider-Man."

It could be a 90 minute movie, split into several parts. There could be a single common thread running through the pieces, or they could all stand alone, depicting various points in Spider-Man's continuity. Either way, it would be a chance to see how a different culture sees Spider-Man, and see what animators from a different culture could bring to the table.

Who would be interested in seeing something like this? And which Japanese directors do you think would do Spider-Man justice in adapting him?

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

We could certainly use something based on the mangaverse.

Heres something to entice ad executives that may be listening:

I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Well, styles are so varied that it's hard to pick one unless you know what you're going for with the story (the action, the romance, something more in keeping with the "Noir" style).

Right off hand, I'd like to see Hayao Miyazaki do the origin. Despite the fact that any Spidey story would only give limited opportunity for some of the scenery work that makes his animation so beautiful, I think he handles coming of age stories especially well. I would be interested to see what he would do with a younger Peter coming into his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    We could certainly use something based on the mangaverse.

I'm enticed, myself. And by enticed, I mean aroused. And by aroused I mean...well...yea, no need to go there

My mind is split to three porions:
    .Spider-Man portion says: Yes, do the project
    .My regular mind thinking: Spider-Man had way too many animated shows (almost two shows per decade) & he's the only superhero to have a video game on every system & two more upcoming games aside from his role in MUA2: Fusion, but we need great animation with spectacular art like the Japanese do with their animes, but do on regular or Ultimate Spidey
    .My Deadpool persona thinking absolutely defiant & that Deadpool should have the right to be there because he needs to be exposed more to viewers

Yes; I really do think like this way too often recently starting since last year
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

is it bad I want to join the two girls in action? Thicker & denser action? This makes me drool
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Why do you hate America? Westgarth J's Avatar

Teenage Marvel characters lezzing up for no reason? I'm going out on a limb and guessing the name 'Cebulski' is attached to that pic somewhere down the line...

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    So, I'm watching Batman: Gotham Knights, the tie in film to the Dark Knight that had a series of short vignettes, tied loosely together with an underlying subplot, all done by various Japanese directors. And it got me to thinking, "who would be interested in a similar project, albeit starring Spider-Man."

It could be a 90 minute movie, split into several parts. There could be a single common thread running through the pieces, or they could all stand alone, depicting various points in Spider-Man's continuity. Either way, it would be a chance to see how a different culture sees Spider-Man, and see what animators from a different culture could bring to the table.

Who would be interested in seeing something like this? And which Japanese directors do you think would do Spider-Man justice in adapting him?
    I would be very interested in seeing this sort of take done with Spider-Man, and I think the character sort of lends itself to that sort of approach (though not as well as Batman, Iron Man or Wolverine do, perhaps.)

As far as creators, I'm not well versed enough in the genre' to give much of an intelligent opinion. I guess I would say I would NOT break the story up into several different parts and amongst several different creators. I'd rather see a steady approach, similar to what was done with the original Ghost in the Shell .
    Be all you can be.

BANNED

Suddenly darling I have this overpowering urge to pick up any and all material from the Spiderman mangaverse. Please tell me it's collected in trade paperback?

BANNED

For a director to take on Spider-Man, I think maybe Mr. Cowboy Bebop, Sinchiro Watanabe might be someone who'd have an interesting take on Spider-Man.

We could call it Spider-Manime.

BANNED

We could call it Spider-Manime.
    That pun was physically painful darling. And not in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by FeminineMystique View Post
    That pun was physically painful darling. And not in a good way
    You loved every second of it.