Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The " Geoff Johns " Is the Greatest Thread !

Ok this has a little history. On another thread I said I'd like to see Johns revive Starman as a series. To bring Jack Knight back In a way and work on his rogues gallery. ( This of course didn't go over to well)

So name a book,TV Series or movie you'd like to see Johns do. I'm a huge fan I admit that. He's made me a fan of Flash and Teen Titans. I'm starting to get JSA....so thats should tell ya this thread Is real.

As a fan what DC or Marvel series would you like Johns to do ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I'm a huge Geoff Johns fan, and am loving everything he writes at the moment. To be honest, I'm happy for him to stay with what he's writing at the moment, although its sad to see him leaving Flash.

If I were to pick a title, i'd like to see him and Heinberg continue on JLA. I hope he steers well clear of any Marvel books.

Also, if a Starman book were called for, only James Robinson should write it.

Master of Funk! Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I really, really dig Geoff Johns' writing. He's not to everyone's tastes, but his stuff strikes a cord with me. He understands what makes these characters work and lets them strut their stuff, yet isn't affraid to take chances with them either.

As to Johns bringing back Jack Knight? That would be the silliest thing DC could ever do and a slap in the face to the work of James Robinson, who Johns is a friend of and wouldn't do that to begin with.

Johns on a new Starman, featuring Stargirl & S.T.R.I.P.E.? Sure. I think that'd be a pretty good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM
    I really, really dig Geoff Johns' writing. He's not to everyone's tastes, but his stuff strikes a cord with me. He understands what makes these characters work and lets them strut their stuff, yet isn't affraid to take chances with them either.

As to Johns bringing back Jack Knight? That would be the silliest thing DC could ever do and a slap in the face to the work of James Robinson, who Johns is a friend of and wouldn't do that to begin with.

Johns on a new Starman, featuring Stargirl & S.T.R.I.P.E.? Sure. I think that'd be a pretty good fit.
    I agree. Too many people want thought provoking stories where characters never change or die. That would transend what comics are about. Comics are about action and escape and for me Geoff Johns does that.

I personally would like to see Geoff Johns go back to "Hawkman," where he really developed Carter Hall and brought a lot of texture to his relationship with Kendra Saunders.

If not, I would like to see a team-up book of Mr. Terrific and Dr. Mid-Nite, featuring the Rex Tyler Hourman making an occasional appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty Jones
    I personally would like to see Geoff Johns go back to "Hawkman," where he really developed Carter Hall and brought a lot of texture to his relationship with Kendra Saunders.

If not, I would like to see a team-up book of Mr. Terrific and Dr. Mid-Nite, featuring the Rex Tyler Hourman making an occasional appearance.

I don't know about that ..I'm liking the current Hawkman arc. I'd like him to take over Firestorm though. Johns on Firestorm could get that title a lotta attention.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Since Geoff has so much respect for history I'd like to see him tackle an Alan Scott book outside the JSA

And an Invaders book for Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Since Geoff has so much respect for history I'd like to see him tackle an Alan Scott book outside the JSA

And an Invaders book for Marvel

Ohhhh yeah an Alan Scott series. I'd love to see him do Alan's origin and do a series about him. Place It In the 1940's maybe.

Someone on the other thread mentioned " Sandman" as well. I believe It was as a joke but I was thinking, why not have him work on the 1940's Sandman ? I'd love a series like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    "I don't know about that ..I'm liking the current Hawkman arc. I'd like him to take over Firestorm though. Johns on Firestorm could get that title a lotta attention."
    I found Geoff Johns' version on Hawkman to have much more depth than the post-Johns version. In the initial series, Johns showed Carter Hall interacting more with events in his previous lives and struggling with his association with Kendra Saunders. The current Hawkman seems to be little more than mindless muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty Jones
    I found Geoff Johns' version on Hawkman to have much more depth than the post-Johns version. In the initial series, Johns showed Carter Hall interacting more with events in his previous lives and struggling with his association with Kendra Saunders. The current Hawkman seems to be little more than mindless muscle.

Well.....he's sorta mindless dead muscle now. They just buried him again. ;)

I am also really digging the current goings-ons in Hawkman right now, so I wouldn't want Johns back quite yet.

As to an Alan Scott series, I'd certainly buy it. I actually think "The Green Lantern & Jade" series would be very cool to see. Has anyone tried to do a Father/Daughter Superhero book since Johns' Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E.? Although generally misused, I think Jade, alongside Alan, have a lot of untapped potential.

Hopefully, we'll get a few Times Past tales in Green Lantern every once in awhile (god knows they could use them to keep the book monthly thanks to Pacheco & Van Scriver's deadline issues). And I hope they revive the wonderful Alan/Hal team-up tradition that has been languishing for years. The Magic vs. Science part of those team-ups were always fun.

I need to read Geoff Johns Flash - Is all his work in TPB form - Where do I start?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfan
    I need to read Geoff Johns Flash - Is all his work in TPB form - Where do I start?
    Johns' Flash stuff has been collected very nicely into TPB form. I can't
    remember what the first one was, but they've all been great. "Blitz" was my favorite, but I haven't read "Rogues yet.

I think either the www.DCComics.com website or your comics dealer should be able to tell which one comes first.

He also did Flash: Iron Heights with Van Scriver.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM
    Johns' Flash stuff has been collected very nicely into TPB form. I can't
    remember what the first one was, but they've all been great. "Blitz" was my favorite, but I haven't read "Rogues yet.

I think either the www.DCComics.com website or your comics dealer should be able to tell which one comes first.

He also did Flash: Iron Heights with Van Scriver.

His 1st TPB was " Blood Will Run " I believe. Thats the 1st I think they collected Into TPB. Eithor way after a slow start..( I admit I dropped the series after 164...but picked It up at 170 to now) Johns really hammered a HR on the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    His 1st TPB was " Blood Will Run " I believe. Thats the 1st I think they collected Into TPB. Eithor way after a slow start..( I admit I dropped the series after 164...but picked It up at 170 to now) Johns really hammered a HR on the Flash.
    That's right. I think it goes like this:

1) Blood Will Run

2) Rogues

3) Blitz

4) Ignition

Dunno where Iron Heights fits in. Presumably between Rogues & Blitz

The rest hasn't been collected yet...