Hybrid View

Default CBR Spider-Man Forum FAQ

I've been meaning to do this for a while now, inspired by a similar thread in the X-Men forum.

If you have a specific question that can be asked and answered without debate, or wish to correct something I've posted here, please post it in this thread or PM me. If it qualifies as an FAQ it will be added once answered.

If you have a question about subjective manners (IE- what's the best Green Goblin story? Was Ross Andru a good Spider-Man artist?), use the search function to see if any threads exist on those subjects. If no thread exists on this, start one.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Default What the hell happened to my posts?

Every now and then you guys may notice that some of your comments are no longer in the thread in which you made them. To make navigation a bit easier, I figured I'd have one thread where all major moves would be discussed.

Sometimes I will decide a topic that comes up in a thread (and often threatens to derail it) merits its own thread. Or I may decide that some off-topic posts belong in another thread. Or for whatever reason, I may have to delete an entire thread, and many posts on a subject.

Case in point, a thread about an off-the-record conversation between one poster and writer Mark Millar was deleted at the original poster's request after he realized that he likely misinterpreted Millar.

Check out this thread, updated whenever I or ShaggyB make any significant changes.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Default What if I donít want to discuss Spider-Man?

Well, there are the other subforums on CBR.

But here on the Spider-Man subforum, we have an off-topic megathread, to discuss whatever you want. It proved so popular that it's now in its eighth iteration.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Default What do the various acronyms mean?

616: Earth-616 or Earth 616 is the name used to identify the primary continuity in which most Marvel Comics titles take place. It was a joke by Dave Thorpe in his Captain Britain run, because he thought it was unusual that superhero worlds were always designated with smaller numbers, such as DC's "Earth-1" and "Earth-2." Although it may also be a reference to the number of the Beast (theological scholars debate whether or not it's 616 or 666.) A few critics of the current direction refer to the post "One More Day" Spider-Man as existing in the 666 Universe. due to what they perceive as Spider-Man selling out to Satan.

AMZ or ASM generally refers to the title Amazing Spider-Man. FNSM refers to Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. SSM usually refers to Sensational Spider-Man. MKSM refers to Marvel Knights Spider-Man. USM refers to Ultimate Spider-Man. MASM refers to Marvel Age Spider-Man or Marvel Adventures Spider-Man. MTU refers to Marvel Team Up.

OMD refers to the storyline One More Day. BND refers to Brand New Day, a designation which is usually applied to the post-One More Day title and status quo, although it technically only appeared on the covers of Amazing Spider-Man #546-564. KLH refers to the classic storyline: Kraven's Last Hunt, while KFH can refer to a three issue story which ran in Amazing Spider-Man #565-567. NWTD refers to New Ways to Die, a six issue storyline which ran in Amazing Spider-Man #568-573.

PAD refers to writer Peter Allan David. JMD refers to writer J.M. Dematteis. JMS refers to writer J. Michael Straczynski.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Default What are the threads devoted to the One Moment in Time storyline?

At this point, there are dozens of threads and a lot of posts devoted to the One Moment in Time storyline in Amazing Spider-Man #538-541.

There's an official poll regarding opinions on the entire storyline.

There were several threads for the individual issues.
    Amazing Spider-Man #638 Spoilers & Discussion
    Two reviews of Amazing Spider-Man #638
    Amazing Spider-Man #639 Spoilers & Discussion
    Amazing Spider-Man #640 Spoilers & Discussion
    Amazing Spider-Man #641 Spoilers & Discussion

One More Day, One Moment in Time and One More story deals with a third story Quesada intends to write, with ties to OMD and OMIT.
    One interpretation of how OMD and OMIT work shows OMIT essentially retcons OMD.
    JMS or Joe Quesada. Whose version of OMD was better? asks whether JMS's original plans for OMD were better than the final result.
    What questions did OMIT not answer? is self-explanatory.
    As is, "Which was better? OMD or OMIT?"

And then there's the recently completed five-part "Cup of Joe" series on the subject.
    Cup of Joe September 27
    Cup of Joe September 28
    Cup of Joe September 29
    Cup of Joe September 30
    Cup of Joe October 1

That was a follow-up to a "Cup of Joe" series on One More Day.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...old=1&id=12664
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...old=1&id=12673
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...old=1&id=12681
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...old=1&id=12688
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...old=1&id=12694
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=12395

And there's the General Quesada's Spider-Man thread.
    And a retcons megathread,
    And the Amazing Adventures of the Brick.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?