Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Bristol: DC Universe Panel

CBR brings you a full report from DC Comics' panel at England's Bristol Comic
    Expo, featuring new details on "Blackest Night," "Adventure Comics" and more
    from Dan DiDio, Gary Frank, Dave Gibbons and others.

Full article here.

If anyone wants to hear the actual panel its availiable here - DCU Panel

DC has the rights to Doc Savage. Does Conde Nast still own the character ?
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar

One of the most anticipated projects in the DC Comics world is “Wednesday Comics,” DC’s next foray into weekly publication following the conclusion of “Trinity” in July.
    A little edit is needed there in the article.... It reads like Trinity is ending in July, when it's ending May 27th.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

Hmm... Batgirl is beginning to stoke my interest. I'm slowly being pulled back into the Bat- universe, one book at a time.

Adventure comics sounds awesome.

I swear to god, Manupal's art is award winning.
    Those pages are friggin beautiful.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by roguespirit View Post
    If anyone wants to hear the actual panel its availiable here - DCU Panel
    Did you get permission to post those audio recordings as part of your press access?

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    This may just mean that DC possesses the rights to produce Doc Savage comics.

Although if they're integrating him into the DCU (as this comment of Didio's sounds) then maybe it's more than just that....

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    ...DC has been granted the rights to use the character by Conde Nast. However, Didio has also stated that the artwork that caused all the buzz was something done as a proof-of-concept, but probably won't depict anything along the lines of how Brian's series will actually progress. Still, the concept of Doc Savage meeting the All-Star Squadron is a tempting one, even if Didio also stated he's not interested in any new ASS adventures.

Surprise = AbZero there, kids. After all, Final Crisis proved Dan's not really interested in what the fans want or need, but only what floats his boat...

Lots of new ideas will be added to the DCU with the Milestone characters, although as a result Steel will be placed on the backburner in order to focus attention on Hardware.
    Uh-oh. I'm a fan of Hardware, but I wonder how others will take this.

Quote Originally Posted by []D[]/\/\[]D @ Nite/So-tite View Post
    Uh-oh. I'm a fan of Hardware, but I wonder how others will take this.
    My first reaction was "LAME!" but after thinking about, I'm torn. I really like Steel, and I think its silly that there's no room for both, like the DCU would explode if two black tech characters were to coexist at the same time.

But on the other hand, Irons has had his shot and its not as if he's lighting up the world. If he was gone I wouldn't even notice, and I'm a fan. I like Hardware and wouldn't mind seeing more of him.
    Oh my god, Canon! *masturbates furiously*
    - just another user

Question

I'm just wondering if the whole Doctor Savage/Rima the Jungle Girl/The Spirit/Blackhawk deal is going to be Brian C. Wood's next big, talked-about project.

Will he be introduced in The Brave & the Bold, or do you guys think he may get his own mini or his own ongoing?
    Locke & Key, Saga, Thief of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by General Grievous View Post
    Adventure comics sounds awesome.

I swear to god, Manupal's art is award winning.
    Those pages are friggin beautiful.
    And it's totally wasted on Superboy. What a great way to celebrate the Legion's 50th anniversary; cancel its title in the middle of a major story arc with huge plot threads left unresolved, hype up a huge mini-series that's chronically late, and then delegate them to back-up status to a resurrected super-clone, with the vague notion that if enough people shell out $4 a month to get 8-10 page Legion stories, they MIGHT get their own book again. Which, given the S.O.P. at DC these days, means they'll just f#*k it up again. No disrespect to anybody who's all pumped up about Superboy, but count me out. After 20 years of jerking Legion fans around, maybe it's best if they just stop; no Legion at all is better than seeing the book butchered yet again...
    I've got a plan and it's here in my hand, a baton made of light.
    We're the enforcers, the sorceror's orphans, and we know why we fight.