Page 98 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2885

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post
    The only apparent reason to give Heinberg versions of Wanda and Pietro powers is that he based his material Byrne retcon, in which the twins were imaginary. He may not have even known about the unique qualities of Billy.
    Just because Heiburg didn't use the other qualities of previous fully grown Billy doesn't mean he was unaware of them.

"Always changing, the future is" -Yoda

So the kids are sort of imaginary, sort of demonic pieces, and a lot of reality being changed. And if reality gets changed and you never existed yet are reincarnated into some other family's kid, you might end up with slightly different set of powers. It's okay.

Billy and Tommy have the souls of Billy and Tommy blended into them. But biologically speaking, Billy is the son of Mr and Mrs Kaplan and Tommy is the son of.... at least someone named Shepard

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    A nooby question- Is Miss America Chavez gay?
    Implied to be, in Vengeance, but there's been nothing overt or official.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Billy and Tommy have the souls of Billy and Tommy blended into them. But biologically speaking, Billy is the son of Mr and Mrs Kaplan and Tommy is the son of.... at least someone named Shepard
    It would be this simple, were it not for reality warps. Billy and Tommy are Wanda's children, top to bottom. They're mutants and they're Maximoffs. The Kaplans likely didn't exist until Wanda's mind made it happen.

At best, they're surrogate parents to Wanda's flesh and blood.
    Last edited by Lady_Alternate; 01-03-2013 at 03:12 AM.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

This.
    This is me. Once I get my copy.
    That's how epic this sh!t is, okay?
    EH. PIC.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    It would be this simple, were it not for reality warps. Billy and Tommy are Wanda's children, top to bottom. They're mutants and they're Maximoffs. The Kaplans likely didn't exist until Wanda's mind made it happen.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Wanda created the Kaplans (and presumably Tommy's parents) as hosts for her children.
    But yeah, the twins are pretty much biologically hers. The giant clue to this? Billy and Tommy are identical twins. If it was just a soul thing, then why would they look alike?
    Which raises the question why they needed confirmation from Wanda at all, since they could simply have done a test. I'm sure Tony 'I kept Thor's DNA around so I could make a killer cyborg based in him' Stark had some hair or blood from Wanda hidden away.
    Last edited by NexusTenebrare; 01-03-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Actually, Wanda would be closer to the surrogate role, since surrogacy is a question of "providing" the child versus having legal parental rights.

During House of M, Dr. Strange guessed that Layla was a fabrication made by the Scarlet Witch, but it was shown not to be true. Wanda had simply altered the nature of her existence, and she became an entirely separate type of mutant (and then again when things went back to normal).

What happened with the transfer of the twins souls was likely the same sort of thing; not a large-scale reinvention of reality, but a tweak of the existence of two people so that they would BE Billy and Tommy. The parents would have always existed. This would fit better with the idea of Soul Transference that we were told about in the books.
    Last edited by 1derer; 01-03-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post

This.
    EH. PIC.
    To complete the epic visual, I need epic sound to accompany it. So the music played in Neverending Story while that kid goes flying around with Falcor is the perfect choice.

I can't wait to see you fly over my comic store on YA release day.

Edit-
    Found it

Last edited by Test of Strength; 01-03-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post

This.
    EH. PIC.
    I can't help but second this statement in full force.
    Great job Yana, LOL!

"You couldn't PAY me to join the Avengers."
    Outstanding. Get it girl.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    ..so she is dating the Marvel Now version of First Line's perky Liberty Girl?
    Don't think so, I'd pay to see but I don't think so.

The closest person MAC has shown much kindness to was the teen version of In-Betweener.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Just because Heiburg didn't use the other qualities of previous fully grown Billy doesn't mean he was unaware of them.

"Always changing, the future is" -Yoda

So the kids are sort of imaginary, sort of demonic pieces, and a lot of reality being changed. And if reality gets changed and you never existed yet are reincarnated into some other family's kid, you might end up with slightly different set of powers. It's okay.

biologically, they appear to be near identical twins. how does that work if they are from different families?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    biologically, they appear to be near identical twins. how does that work if they are from different families?
    Pretty sure the Scarlet Witch magic changed their DNA. So, technically, a DNA test would show that they're related to Wanda, but they were carried to term and raised by other women.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    Pretty sure the Scarlet Witch magic changed their DNA. So, technically, a DNA test would show that they're related to Wanda, but they were carried to term and raised by other women.
    that's quite creepy. almost as creepy as Doctor Octopus trying to put the moves on MJ, in Peter's body.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

It involves magic and time travel. It's probably best not to look too deeply.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

that's quite creepy. almost as creepy as Doctor Octopus trying to put the moves on MJ, in Peter's body.
    I know, right? I feel kind of sorry for Billy's parents, since they're more like surrogate parents or donors. Even though they raised him, he doesn't seem to feel as strong a connection with them, as he does with Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It involves magic and time travel. It's probably best not to look too deeply.
    This too.

Simple Q&A Guide To Figuring Out Billy & Tommy's Parentage

Q: Any question, at all.

A: Because reality warping.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco