Page 90 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2885

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.
    It has six characters I like, written, drawn, coloured and edited by a team of people that I really like, who have previously made some of my absolute favourite comics.

I really don't see how I could be disappointed. It's not as if Kieron and the gang are secretly going to use the YA book as a front to make a self-indulgent chronicle regards a previously unspoken love of both freestyle acid jazz-scat and the cinematic works of Paul W.S. Anderson.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    It has six characters I like, written, drawn, coloured and edited by a team of people that I really like, who have previously made some of my absolute favourite comics.

I really don't see how I could be disappointed. It's not as if Kieron and the gang are secretly going to use the YA book as a front to make a self-indulgent chronicle regards a previously unspoken love of both freestyle acid jazz-scat and the cinematic works of Paul W.S. Anderson.
    it's Marvel. keep a wary eye until it is actually out.

it's Marvel. keep a wary eye until it is actually out.
    Nevah!

YOU SHALL NOT DAMPEN MY SPIRITS.

My loins are on fire for this book. Or that might just be because I've had the laptop on my legs for too long.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

And are other posters just as jazzed to see a new direction for these guys?
    Don't get me wrong, I hold Heinberg's moldings near and dear to my heart but I'm positively giddy to see where being 18 will take them, after all chaos they've been through thus far!
    I wish we could get some lettered pages so bad, but at the same time I want to savor everything when it's released!
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

BANNED

Nevah!

YOU SHALL NOT DAMPEN MY SPIRITS.

My loins are on fire for this book. Or that might just be because I've had the laptop on my legs for too long.
    lol I'm not trying to dampen spirit, continue with the severe case of firecrotch. I'm just saying the possibility for disappointment exists and I don't want that possibility to become a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    And are other posters just as jazzed to see a new direction for these guys?
    Don't get me wrong, I hold Heinberg's moldings near and dear to my heart but I'm positively giddy to see where being 18 will take them, after all chaos they've been through thus far!
    I wish we could get some lettered pages so bad, but at the same time I want to savor everything when it's released!
    It's what Kieron has said about the direction of the book that has me more excited than anything else. Key times in young lives and a coming of age as seen through a super hero lens. That's music to my hears, and a song that makes my heart soar.

I don't need lettered pages. The Point One (oh how that has changed after reading JiM #645) and Kate's splash page with Noh-Varr were enough.

lol I'm not trying to dampen spirit, continue with the severe case of firecrotch. I'm just saying the possibility for disappointment exists and I don't want that possibility to become a reality.
    I just hope that you find something to love in each of the characters in the book, as I have.

BANNED

I just hope that you find something to love in each of the characters in the book, as I have.
    mmm no. Too much testosterone in them. Specially Ms America. To the arena with them. This should be a Wiccan solo.

mmm no. Too much testosterone in them. Specially Ms America. To the arena with them. This should be a Wiccan solo.
    Don't make me fall out of love with you, now.

Would anyone be so bold as to spoiler-tag me some spoilers regarding Loki's current status, or PM would be fine as well.

thanks gang.

THINGS I'M MOST EAGER FOR:
    - Explanation for Kate and Noh's tryst, and whether said tryst will continue beyond a one-nighter
    - Introductions betwixt MAC and the remaining YA
    - Billy Kaplan. Period.
    - Teddy's moonlighting as a hero -- the how/why/when/where of it all! Does he go as himself? Or is he shifting to keep it all that much more secret???

BTW! Did anyone pick up that copy of Gay Times Magazine and read the Gillen interview? I wanted to know if he said anything fresh.
    Last edited by yanapryde; 12-31-2012 at 05:14 AM.
    cpjudd.com

Would anyone be so bold as to spoiler-tag me some spoilers regarding Loki's current status, or PM would be fine as well.

thanks gang.

THINGS I'M MOST EAGER FOR:
    - Explanation for Kate and Noh's tryst, and whether said tryst will continue beyond a one-nighter
    - Introductions betwixt MAC and the remaining YA
    - Billy Kaplan. Period.
    - Teddy's moonlighting as a hero -- the how/why/when/where of it all! Does he go as himself? Or is he shifting to keep it all that much more secret???
    I'll send you a PM with a brief JiM summa. But then you have to go out and read it.

I'll send you a PM with a brief JiM summa. But then you have to go out and read it.
    FoSho! My free-cash has been reduced these last few months so my comic spending has been reduced as well.
    A buddy of mine is assembling his back issues, to lend me, so I can catch up. Its just been too difficult to avoid spoilers n' such.
    cpjudd.com

I've been glancing at Wikis for some of the characters I don't know, like Li'l Loki and Noh-Var.

When I heard it was YA with another writer I was nervous but I like his interviews. He gets that it's more than just superheros but it's also not an "ironic" take on superheros.

I'm optimistic to see how they've grown. That's kind of the interesting thing with them having such limited runs- the characters have all changed since "Sidekicks" and been allowed to grow up a bit. And not in stupid ways like Spider-Man goes through every few years.
    So I'm still eager for YA and not sick of them like I could be if Marvel had just tried cranking them out under any idiot.

BTW! Did anyone pick up that copy of Gay Times Magazine and read the Gillen interview? I wanted to know if he said anything fresh.
    Haven't read it but BleedingCool has a scan of a Billy/Teddy kiss that GayTimes previewed:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...the-gay-times/

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I've been glancing at Wikis for some of the characters I don't know, like Li'l Loki and Noh-Var.
    It's worth picking up the Grant Morrison Marvel Boy mini (Noh under Bendis' pen wasn't anything to write home about, even during his best moments in Dark Avengers) and I'll tell anyone and everyone to pick up Gillen's Journey Into Mystery run for Kid Loki.

On a related note to the first issue of the new series...

https://twitter.com/HopelessDent/sta...27584698531840

On a related note to the first issue of the new series...

https://twitter.com/HopelessDent/sta...27584698531840
    Outstanding! I love seeing support from industry insiders like that.
    Also, Mckelvie and Gillen are HILAR!
    cpjudd.com