Page 89 of 193 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2885

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I'm sort of in agreement with SB/DB here, I don't really know much about the characters except what I read in Children's Crusade, but everything about this book just seems so fresh and innovative compared to so much of the dull dreck that Marvel is putting out, so I'll gladly fork over the cash to check it out.
    Then you're not in agreement with SB/DB, because he does know the characters. He's just dislikes them because [seemingly arbitrary reasons to everyone but him], and wants to share that unhappiness with the rest of us.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

You know, I've been getting a bit worried lately. Between all this talk about Billy messing up and stuff and people's suggestions that Billy might pull a Willow (the whole magic as addictive, corruptive force thing being something I've always hates), I'm starting to think Gillen might go overboard with it and really damage one of my favorite characters. If he just wants to bring a bit of drama into Billy's life, then that's fine. I just hope he won't try to turn him into a jerk.
    It's like with Carey having characters I love kill villains with little pause, when said characters were never killers.

On another note, I hope Marvel doesn't have Speed go bad. The fact that he used to be a youth offender and that he's now turned heroic and actually is most in favor of continuing fighting bad guys is one of my favorite things about Tommy.
    In fact, after Iron Lad I really don't want to see anyone else on the team do a face heel turn. Except for Loki, becuase we all know it's going to happen eventually. Especially after how JiM ended.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    Then you're not in agreement with SB/DB, because he does know the characters. He's just dislikes them because [seemingly arbitrary reasons to everyone but him], and wants to share that unhappiness with the rest of us.
    ...I do that a lot, don't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Unfortunately, yeah. And I, for one, really used to enjoy your posts before it got a little out of hand.

-Pav, who believes enthusiasm can be wonderful...

BANNED

Dude, we've talked about this, you just need to stop tying your own happiness into that of your favorite fictional characters. We're all guilty of that sometimes and the people who rag on you about it are probably all hypocrites, but you really would be much, much better off if you just tried to put aside your personal preferences for once and tried to enjoy comics from a neutral, unbiased perspective. Just remember, acting irrationally just makes it that much easier for people to dismiss your opinions, it's always better to make a sound and reasoned argument backed up by evidence instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Dude, we've talked about this, you just need to stop tying your own happiness into that of your favorite fictional characters. We're all guilty of that sometimes and the people who rag on you about it are probably all hypocrites, but you really would be much, much better off if you just tried to put aside your personal preferences for once and tried to enjoy comics from a neutral, unbiased perspective. Just remember, acting irrationally just makes it that much easier for people to dismiss your opinions, it's always better to make a sound and reasoned argument backed up by evidence instead.
    I'll try. Gonna be hard...

And I usually post evidence.

We shall see! Even Fraction has failed to make me like Kate Bishop, but I hope Gillen can deliver!
    They can't make you love someone if you just don't want to.

I don't think Speed will be evil but I could see him playing on both sides of the law. He was in juvie when they found him, his mom is Scarlett Witch and his uncle is Quicksilver. I could see him end up a Catwoman like character, for lack of a better comparison at 1am.

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    recognize/familiarize via tumblr KNOW the characters

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    You know, I've been getting a bit worried lately. Between all this talk about Billy messing up and stuff and people's suggestions that Billy might pull a Willow (the whole magic as addictive, corruptive force thing being something I've always hates), I'm starting to think Gillen might go overboard with it and really damage one of my favorite characters. If he just wants to bring a bit of drama into Billy's life, then that's fine. I just hope he won't try to turn him into a jerk.
    It's like with Carey having characters I love kill villains with little pause, when said characters were never killers.
    My comparison to Willow was not one of "addicted to magic" but rather accidentally "undoing their fight".
    I don't think Gillen's going to take Billy down the "magic as drugs" after school special route. Its played out. And Gillen is craftier.
    Last edited by yanapryde; 12-31-2012 at 04:08 AM.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

THREE WEEKS

TWO DAYS

FIVE YOUNG ADULTS

ONE GOD

kate billy teddy loki noh america

kieron jamie matt lauren

omg
    Last edited by Lady_Alternate; 12-31-2012 at 04:14 AM.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

The day I read this, is the day I lose my sh!t.
    Its going to be immensely quick and then I'll be ravenous for MOAR!
    Beware, yon top, right, corners of the pages, for you will be bent, pinched, and manhandled vigorously again and again due to multiple turnings and viewings!
    Prepare for objectification!!
    cpjudd.com

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    The day I read this, is the day I lose my sh!t.
    Its going to be immensely quick and then I'll be ravenous for MOAR!
    Beware, yon top, right, corners of the pages, for you will be bent, pinched, and manhandled vigorously again and again due to multiple turnings and viewings!
    Prepare for objectification!!
    My anticipation is palpable. It's fluttering around my head like a hummingbird made of amazing.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.
    Valeria! Which of the cast are you most looking forward to reading?
    Also, how long is your hair??
    cpjudd.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Valeria! Which of the cast are you most looking forward to reading?
    Also, how long is your hair??
    Wiccan of course. The rest can all end up in Arena for all I care.
    It goes down to around halfway through my back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    Wiccan of course. The rest can all end up in Arena for all I care.
    It goes down to around halfway through my back.
    Outstanding. To both.
    cpjudd.com