Page 88 of 193 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2885

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    It was Tommy in The Last Avengers Story, so I think I kind of expect it to be him still.
    Pretty sure it was Billy who was the evil twin in TLAS... The Grim Reaper?
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Just as archetypes, not any in story element. Sorry, if I over sold it there. Two brothers with heroic potential tends to lend itself to a rivalry situation.

And you need to learn to love Noh. He has all of your beloved character elements (emo, ignored, suffered massive tradgedy, ect.), except that he's not a girl. He is pretty though, does that count? :D
    Speed going evil would not exactly be a shocking.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    Pretty sure it was Billy who was the evil twin in TLAS... The Grim Reaper?
    Nope, it was Tommy. Billy was Strange's apprentice. He was walking around with the eye cloak thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm sure I'll get around to Grant Morrison's mini eventually. Still, from what I hear, he sounds...pretentious.

How is he ignored if he got on the Avengers?
    He was an Avenger for about as long as Songbird, and his stint wasn't nearly as successful as hers. He managed only to create the equivalent of a time period Tivo box and piss everyone off.

But YES! You must read the mini! I was fully blase about him until I read it last spring. Now he's one of my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe. It's among the best stories I've read in the past couple of years.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Nope, it was Tommy. Billy was Strange's apprentice. He was walking around with the eye cloak thing.
    I just went and looked it up. Billy was the evil Grim Reaper, Tommy was Strange's apprentice.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Why do I get a feeling Speed is turning EVIL?
    Because every feeling you get winds up being negative?
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    I just went and looked it up. Billy was the evil Grim Reaper, Tommy was Strange's apprentice.
    You're both right. I just pulled it out and they were clearly inversed. Granted, this came out long before YA (in all of it's 90's acetate double cover goodness) and neither had been defined yet. The characters are clearly closer to my recollection in thier current incarnation though.

Sorry for my belligerence. I'll look before I leap next time. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Once January hits, like just as the NY ball drops, I'mma get really extra hype for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Because every feeling you get winds up being negative?
    You should see him in the Fearless Defenders thread. Almost like two different people. We gotta deal with the negative SD/DB in this one unfortunately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Test of Strength View Post
    Once January hits, like just as the NY ball drops, I'mma get really extra hype for this book.

You should see him in the Fearless Defenders thread. Almost like two different people. We gotta deal with the negative SD/DB in this one unfortunately.
    Sorry. Love Kieron Gillen, but not sure if I can love the cast. I'm excited for the book, yet I'll hate the characters! GAH!

cpjudd.com

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Yana what are you saying with that?

Is it a double meaning? Is that from Young Avengers and does it also imply that SB/DB is a broken record!

Speaketh to me!

BANNED

Yana what are you saying with that?

Is it a double meaning? Is that from Young Avengers and does it also imply that SB/DB is a broken record!

Speaketh to me!
    It means I'm a broken Record for switching teams.

SB/DB is a broken record!!
    Nailed it. Crushed it. Shut it down.
    cpjudd.com

BANNED

I'm sort of in agreement with SB/DB here, I don't really know much about the characters except what I read in Children's Crusade, but everything about this book just seems so fresh and innovative compared to so much of the dull dreck that Marvel is putting out, so I'll gladly fork over the cash to check it out. I never did get the hype over Gillen's Uncanny but I do think he was a little bit out of his element writing that, YA just seems to be a perfect fit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Explained in First Issue apparently with a focus issue planned for Issue Six
    Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Gillen said he's interested in using Speed, just not as a member of the core cast.
    Thanks! That's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I wonder if they'll get into what a Norse Mythology nerd Wiccan is? That's got to be wild for him to be working with an actual Asgardian, especially that Asgardian being Loki of all people. Although I guess it's not the first time Billy has worked with a child-version of a villain.
    I'm really interested in Mephisto's threats against Loki from JIM, too. I wonder if that'll be followed up on here? I mean, Wiccan was originally created from a piece of Mephisto's soul, right? That could be another interesting connection between them.

But YES! You must read the mini! I was fully blase about him until I read it last spring. Now he's one of my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe. It's among the best stories I've read in the past couple of years.
    I'm seriously going to have to check this out. I don't know anything at all about Noh. He just seems a lot like Speed to me in both appearance and personality...

Sorry. Love Kieron Gillen, but not sure if I can love the cast. I'm excited for the book, yet I'll hate the characters! GAH!
    Pffffft. Gillen will *make* you love the characters! Good writers always do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    Pffffft. Gillen will *make* you love the characters! Good writers always do.
    We shall see! Even Fraction has failed to make me like Kate Bishop, but I hope Gillen can deliver! I already lost too many favorite teens to make me a bitter fan, so I hope it delivers!
    (But if Wiccan is too whiney, I'mma gonna draw Hazmat smacking him in the back of the head)

RAH! I have a weird love hate with Young Avengers! It's maddening!