Page 84 of 193 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2885

Some of you are clearly reading these books with blinders on.
    Last edited by yanapryde; 12-27-2012 at 03:11 AM.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Everyone is biased so that comes as no surprise
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Dearest Young Avengers Talent (Gillen & Mckelvie),

In the very off chance you've found your way to this message board, would you be so kind as to post the new designs for the kiddos somewhere/anywhere on the interwebs??

I'm just dying to see some full design images, and I'm such a nerd for sketch stuff.

PlzNthnx.
    LotzaLuv!
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Dearest Young Avengers Talent (Gillen & Mckelvie),

In the very off chance you've found your way to this message board, would you be so kind as to post the new designs for the kiddos somewhere/anywhere on the interwebs??

I'm just dying to see some full design images, and I'm such a nerd for sketch stuff.

PlzNthnx.
    LotzaLuv!
    Kieron has posted a couple of times in the thread. Jamie isn't on CBR to my knowledge, but is a lovely and frequent twitterererererer. You can always ask if there's a plan to show some character designs before the book comes out?
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by preppistonpav View Post
    And for those of you also reading Hawkeye, a question: is there a character more strongly solidifying his/her place in Marvel comics in 2013 than Kate Bishop? She's going to be appearing in two comics that appear to be pushing the boundaries of what a superhero comic can be. If fictional characters can be lucky, she certainly is.
    I was thinking about this the other day. Kate's the breakout character in a breakout book; Fraction's portrayal of her has received great critical and fan attention. After YA arrives she'll be a regular in two different books that are innovating within the genre.

I can't remember the last time a character has so quickly established themselves as a part of Marvel's persistent universe. Particularly after an existence as an ensemble cast-member in various maxi & mini series.

I'm sure that Marvel (based on Hawkeye fanmail and tumblrs alone...) has noticed this, and is trying to figure out what they can do with it.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

honestly kate and kid loki are the only characters that interest me in this title...will i pick it up? maybe....but at this point it's gonna take a long
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day. Kate's the breakout character in a breakout book; Fraction's portrayal of her has received great critical and fan attention. After YA arrives she'll be a regular in two different books that are innovating within the genre.

I can't remember the last time a character has so quickly established themselves as a part of Marvel's persistent universe. Particularly after an existence as an ensemble cast-member in various maxi & mini series.

I'm sure that Marvel (based on Hawkeye fanmail and tumblrs alone...) has noticed this, and is trying to figure out what they can do with it.
    Eh call me in a year or two. You got to sustain it which is the trick.

the only teen character that I see as not having to worry at all is X-23.

This is Marvel, I think you overestimate them.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Eh call me in a year or two. You got to sustain it which is the trick.

the only teen character that I see as not having to worry at all is X-23.

This is Marvel, I think you overestimate them.
    I'm not really talking about long-term so much as her current position. Compare to characters such as Gravity, Arana, Rikki, etc., who have all been on teams, minis, and in solo-books: I don't think that any have quite captured the zeitgeist in the same way.

Marvel tends to have better success promoting secondary characters who start off skilled/competent (Bucky, Loki, the non-green Hulks, Venom, Scarlet Spider, X-23) in-comparison to "enthusiastic amateurs" such as Arana and Gravity. Hawkeye's first appearance in YA was designed to frame her as the former through direct contrast to Eli, Billy, and Teddy, and her characterization since then hasn't wavered. Couple that with the surge of female archer protagonists in pop-culture (her archetype is hot/trendy), and it's clear that Hawkeye is very well-placed to be a successful character right now. I don't think that guarantees long-term success, but she's definitely better positioned for it than most of Marvel's other characters.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

I'd also argue that MAC's competence (Lady doesn't know the meaning of "in over her head") and professionalism (she successfully co-ran a secret Teen Brigade!) are among the reasons that she has already acquired a following despite appearing in all of seven floppy issues.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I'd also argue that MAC's competence (Lady doesn't know the meaning of "in over her head") and professionalism (she successfully co-ran a secret Teen Brigade!) are among the reasons that she has already acquired a following despite appearing in all of seven floppy issues.
    Eh, it was the boots. That's all. Now they're gone :(

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    honestly kate and kid loki are the only characters that interest me in this title...will i pick it up? maybe....but at this point it's gonna take a long
    I just cannot trust comic book fans who haven't read and loved Morrison's Marvel Boy.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I just cannot trust comic book fans who haven't read and loved Morrison's Marvel Boy.
    that's a dumb statement to make....there are a lot of comics people haven't read that doesn't mean you should ignore their opinions

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    that's a dumb statement to make....there are a lot of comics people haven't read that doesn't mean you should ignore their opinions
    of course, just tongue-in-cheek elitism.
    in all seriousness, though, if you can locate the miniseries in tpb, I strongly suggest picking it up.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

so why should i read this book?

I'm not really talking about long-term so much as her current position. Compare to characters such as Gravity, Arana, Rikki, etc., who have all been on teams, minis, and in solo-books: I don't think that any have quite captured the zeitgeist in the same way.

Marvel tends to have better success promoting secondary characters who start off skilled/competent (Bucky, Loki, the non-green Hulks, Venom, Scarlet Spider, X-23) in-comparison to "enthusiastic amateurs" such as Arana and Gravity. Hawkeye's first appearance in YA was designed to frame her as the former through direct contrast to Eli, Billy, and Teddy, and her characterization since then hasn't wavered. Couple that with the surge of female archer protagonists in pop-culture (her archetype is hot/trendy), and it's clear that Hawkeye is very well-placed to be a successful character right now. I don't think that guarantees long-term success, but she's definitely better positioned for it than most of Marvel's other characters.
    hmm interesting idea although not exactly sure bucky and loki are fair comparisons.