Page 75 of 193 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2885
    Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Isn't it funny how Superhero comics are all about how life matters, yet they still put certain lives as mattering more than others?
    They still have to sell books. Cassie's death wasn't a hit miniseries in the making.

I'm glad Scott Lang is getting developments about Cassie in FF. That's one of the biggest reasons that's pulling me to that book. But I think that Cassie's mother is a very important factor that should be address.
    See, if that started overshadowing page time for characters like Jen, Medusa and the kids, I'd be annoyed. I'm reading for them. Scott's greif is appropriate and I'm not troubled by it. If his estranged ex-wife started popping up, it'd just be stupid.

Some things happen off panel and you can just fill in the details in your head. Did she (I don't even remember her name) confront him? Did she slap him out? Is she the reason for his overbearing greif now? If you need, read it as such.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    They still have to sell books. Cassie's death wasn't a hit miniseries in the making.
    Hahaha! Admit it, you'd have pulled five copies of each action packed issue. :p

BANNED

No, but there could be some better moments that could be delivered when her father confronts her mother.

Some things happen off panel and you can just fill in the details in your head. Did she (I don't even remember her name) confront him? Did she slap him out? Is she the reason for his overbearing greif now? If you need, read it as such.
    We'll see. But going into FF, Scott is the one with the most story developments right now.

No, but there could be some better moments that could be delivered when her father confronts her mother.
    Why? For your peace of mind? That's not reason enough.

We'll see. But going into FF, Scott is the one with the most story developments right now.
    Right. He's using up his panel time quotas mighty fast. And that's okay by me. I want to see Medusa and Jen share hijinks. Johnny's girlfriend I can take or leave, but she'll need moments too. As will the kids.

BANNED

Why? For your peace of mind? That's not reason enough.
    Because that's a really interesting confrontation that would lose impact the more it's ignored.

Why do we need things like the pointless Wolverine vs. Cap fight in other comics when they could do some more strong heartfelt stuff? All that building up for Wanda in CC was pretty minor for what she does in AvX for example.

It should have been dealt with at the end of Children's Crusade. Logically the confrontation would have taken place at/around her funeral. Assuming she had a funeral of course.

Because that's a really interesting confrontation that would lose impact the more it's ignored.

Why do we need things like the pointless Wolverine vs. Cap fight in other comics when they could do some more strong heartfelt stuff? All that building up for Wanda in CC was pretty minor for what she does in AvX for example.
    They still have to sell comics. Nobody's buying the Lang Domestic Squabble one-shot.

Actually, that could have been a better use of page space than 'mopey Billy'. I'd much rather have seen some mamma drama than that, to be honest. So I'll give you points there.

Other than that, I can't imagine where else they would have put this. Perhaps instead of one of the gag fights in the last AvX VS issue? She's not an X-man though...

Isn't it funny how Superhero comics are all about how life matters, yet they still put certain lives as mattering more than others?
    No. That's a fundamental part of every extant piece of narrative on the planet.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    It should have been dealt with at the end of Children's Crusade. Logically the confrontation would have taken place at/around her funeral. Assuming she had a funeral of course.
    Which the solicit lied about.

It's amazing that a book that took 2 years coming out still had a rushed ending.

They still have to sell comics. Nobody's buying the Lang Domestic Squabble one-shot.
    It doesn't have to be a one-shot. Besides, how many Tony/Steve arguments happen regularly in the Avengers?

Actually, that could have been a better use of page space than 'mopey Billy'. I'd much rather have seen some mamma drama than that, to be honest. So I'll give you points there.

Other than that, I can't imagine where else they would have put this. Perhaps instead of one of the gag fights in the last AvX VS issue? She's not an X-man though...
    Exactly! They really could have delved into that somewhere. Heck, even when the kids were talking, they could have flashed the funeral and that moment between panels.

No. That's a fundamental part of every extant piece of narrative on the planet.
    But in a shared universe, certain characters don't need several issues focused on their one problem. For example, look how many AvX tie ins talked about "Which side will Wolverine join?"

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

If Cassie's mom was to appear, I would imagine a better place for her would be in the pages of FF rather then Young Avengers. At most, I would imagine Cassie being referenced but I doubt we will see anything like a big focus on her. FF though has the potential of Lang mourning only for his ex to arrive and badger him more whilst Scott is fighting a supervillain invasion or something. Thats how I see it possibly going down if it were to happen but I could be wrong.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

I agree that if Cassie's mom should show up anywhere, it's in FF where she can confront Scott about it, so he can yell at her for never supporting Cassie.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    If Cassie's mom was to appear, I would imagine a better place for her would be in the pages of FF rather then Young Avengers. At most, I would imagine Cassie being referenced but I doubt we will see anything like a big focus on her. FF though has the potential of Lang mourning only for his ex to arrive and badger him more whilst Scott is fighting a supervillain invasion or something. Thats how I see it possibly going down if it were to happen but I could be wrong.
    she'll show up eventually. i'm sure that she reads the Daily Bugle and would have an opinion on her ex being on the front page of the paper. i'm sure that she has some words for him; since she blamed his role as a costumed hero for Cassie being in danger. plus Fraction said that the next four issues would be character-centered; with the focus being on Miss Thing, She-Hulk, Medusa, and Ant-Man (in that order).
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time