Page 61 of 193 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    How is Billy filling the Hank Pym or Vision role??? He's the Scarlet Witch/Thor role.
    He's a "descendent" of Hank Pym, Ultron and Vision.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Yeah but he is not really fulfilling the role.

I mean sure Noh Varr is a mar-Vell legacy but role wise he is more spider-man with more Sci-fi tossed in.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He's a "descendent" of Hank Pym, Ultron and Vision.
    Not "really". The Scarlet Witch put the "souls" of her sons into Billy and Tommy; it wasn't really anything to do with Vision. He was her husband, and "sort of" father; but not really. It's dubious, at best. Magic does that. It's 99% Scarlet Witch connection, and 1% Vision AT BEST. Where as Victor Mancha is very much a clear descendant.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yeah but he is not really fulfilling the role.

I mean sure Noh Varr is a mar-Vell legacy but role wise he is more spider-man with more Sci-fi tossed in.
    Except Mar-Vell was never actually an Avenger. He was posthumously awarded honorary membership.

Not "really". The Scarlet Witch put the "souls" of her sons into Billy and Tommy; it wasn't really anything to do with Vision. He was her husband, and "sort of" father; but not really. It's dubious, at best. Magic does that. It's 99% Scarlet Witch connection, and 1% Vision AT BEST. Where as Victor Mancha is very much a clear descendant.
    Gillen said Billy is responsible for the team's Ultron. It's clear he is filling that Pym role (even though he isn't a size changer. Although he could always use his magic to get around that like the time he shrunk Eli.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 12-11-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

That's not my reading of it. Thier conception was 50/50. It was a product of thier embrace in that moment, and he souls of 665 dead witches. They were both the conduit for that energy.

That the souls transmuted after being taken by Mephisto was not Wanda's doing either. Not directly, anyhow.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    That's not my reading of it. Thier conception was 50/50. It was a product of thier embrace in that moment, and he souls of 665 dead witches. They were both the conduit for that energy.

That the souls transmuted after being taken by Mephisto was not Wanda's doing either. Not directly, anyhow.
    The Mephisto stuff was all hand-waved away. At present the question of "how are Billy & Tommy Wanda's sons?" is best answered by "because, reality warping".
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    The Mephisto stuff was all hand-waved away. At present the question of "how are Billy & Tommy Wanda's sons?" is best answered by "because, reality warping".
    That they were taken by Mephisto is still cannon. Master Pandemonium confirmed it in the YA Presents issue.

I'm going to assume that the point where they were transmogrified (or whatever) into thier current lives was the product of Wanda's original use of the Life Force. Her having forgotten thier existence might have been her own doing, as was her ignorance that the world of HoM was her doing too.

Reshaping reality seems to take it's toll on her.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Except Mar-Vell was never actually an Avenger. He was posthumously awarded honorary membership.
    this is true, although there have been plenty of Captain Marvel(s) in the Avengers, from the current (Carol Danvers), to Genis Vell in Avengers Forever, to Noh Varr in Dark Avengers, and Monica Rambeau in the 80's. In short 'Captain Marvel' is very much an Avengers legacy character.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

I wonder if Mephisto will want to have a chat with Billy. I can't see that going very well, and it'll definitely be Loki's idea. :-)
    Marvel, VALIANT, Archie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomlee26 View Post
    I wonder if Mephisto will want to have a chat with Billy. I can't see that going very well, and it'll definitely be Loki's idea. :-)
    He already chatted with Master Pandemonium. Young Avengers Presents 3

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Blupow!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Test of Strength View Post
    Blupow!!!!!

LOVE IT. The X on her hand is a really nice touch.

X marks the spot... POW!

I'm loving the use of this green I keep seeing, on the covers and interiors. So purty to look at.

Once again the Young Avengers solicitation is creative and fun! How beautiful is McKelvie's cover? And I like the variant, too, especially Loki's weaselish look.
    Marvel, VALIANT, Archie

It really is! Gotta post it!

• A Fight scene, probably.
    • And another one, but this time in a club.
    • Plentiful feels. (aka “Meaningful emotional character beats” for people who aren’t on tumblr)
    • The fakest ID in history.