Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do the Colors work?

From what I hear about the different colored corps in the Green Lantern Corps, it seems either people think they are silly or people think they are cool?

I personally enjoy because I think they bring a new interesting aspect to the series. I just was wondering what everyone was thinking?

Furthermore, what do people think of the individual corps so far. Which one do you like the best? Which one is the worst? Whose is the most interesting new character (Atrocitus, Saint Walker, etc.)?

It seems like overkill to me and a big expansion of the Green Lantern ethos, but Geoff Johns is all about starting up bunches and bunches of story threads.

I haven't decided yet. it was either to much too soon, or there was too much drag between them. It seems like forever now when we had an issue that wasn't about 'revealing a new color' and I'm getting a little bored. I'd like some actual adventures to break up the multitudes of origins here.

Also the corps all seem to much the same thing. Green Lanterns used to be unique in that they had the most powerful weapon in the universe powered by just their will. Now everyone has a weapon like that. I get the impression that the Red and the blues etc. are "different" somehow with their powers... but we really haven't SEEN what the differences are. So its all the same thing to me.
    I wouldn't call it Blackmail. I prefer Extortion! The "X" makes it sound Exciting!

I'm drowning and Monkeys dressed as lifeguards are throwing me anvils! - Dilbert

What about the Orange lanterns it is basically a corps of one because agent orange consumes them and they because an orange construct.

The color corps are simultaneously silly and cool: how much you enjoy them depends on how much you accept them.

(I also think the idea of adding organizations spanning the universe to the GL mythos is a good long term move, as it provides a way to generate a bunch of allies and enemies for future plots.)

I like 'em, obviously.

But, it's also true that I heard from one comic book reviewer that though this may be a cool idea, the fact that DC seems to be rushing into this thing all at once, seems a bit much.

The best way to make this digestible for the reader is to have well written stories and not just have mass stories lumping everything together too soon, at once.

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    I
    The best way to make this digestible for the reader is to have well written stories and not just have mass stories lumping everything together too soon, at once.
    I feel Geoff Johns is doing just that

I'm an Orange Lantern fan so far. As far af the other corps go, It seems to me that the yellows (Sinestro) are the most screwed though. Sinestro has Atrocitus and the red lanterns after him in addition to Hal J and the GL's. Not to mention, the blue rings have the ability to deplete the yellow rings.

They're a little silly, but all comics are so who cares?

As for which Corps I enjoy the most, I guess I'd go with Orange just because it's so different from any of the Corps we've seen before.
    Stacks on stacks on stacks

Core concept is silly, but also obvious. Using colors as a foci for different emotions and powers is pretty obvious. But the execution has been solid at worse. Plenty of action really helps. The issues don't feel decompressed, and most people are really dying to read the next issue.

Really great job by DC.

Ya the yellow corps does seem screwed there is even going to be a civil war about to happen between Mongul and Sinestro...cannot wait for that fight!

Orange lanterns are cool but what about the Red lanterns thought spit Plasma...freakin' plasma!

I'd also like to see a 3-way slug fest between Kilowog, Arkillo and Atrocitus. Then they would have to come together to take on Agent Orange and his gang. That would be cool, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Booma151676 View Post
    Orange lanterns are cool but what about the Red lanterns thought spit Plasma...freakin' plasma!
    Yeah, their pretty wicked

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Druid View Post
    I'd also like to see a 3-way slug fest between Kilowog, Arkillo and Atrocitus. Then they would have to come together to take on Agent Orange and his gang. That would be cool, heh.
    That would be epic!

I think it's cool and I don't believe it's permanent. I think that after BN they'll take it easy for a while, maybe an issue there and there with another corps.