Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by timbox View Post
    What is your favorite Cassie story arc?
    Probably the 'Soul' story arc, where we learn she genuinely thinks she's evil.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Just a thought. I wonder if any of the Beechen haters may have ever entertained the thought that perhaps he wrote what editorial told him to write?
    Sigh...how many times do we have to go over this?

Beechen admitted that DC told him to make Cass a villain. But he also stated that how he want about that was left up to him.

He barely spent 5 minutes on research, so much so that he literally got almost every important element about Cassandra's character wrong. I don't mean wrong as in "She'd never do that!", I mean wrong as in factually wrong.

In this information age, he really has no excuse. He's earned all the loathing that's been leveled at him. If he'd decided to actually earn his paycheck instead of half assing it, I think alot of people would feel differently about his writing.

...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Here is another great Batgirl moment.

Last edited by Vidocq; 05-10-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

How do all of you Batgirl fans feel about the way Dixon wrote her in BATO? I had the impression that this was pretty well received?
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I liked it. His fill-in arc guest-starring Connor was pretty bad, but on BATO he was pretty good. I'm glad he was specific about showing her scars, and that she wasn't that mouthy.

What is your favorite Cassie story arc?
    Arc? Tough choice. I really love the two parter with her versus Slade and Ravager, but I also love the arc with her losing her ablity with Shiva teaching her and of course the price for the Lady's services: a deathmatch a year later. I really liked that.

Behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    How do all of you Batgirl fans feel about the way Dixon wrote her in BATO? I had the impression that this was pretty well received?
    I quite liked it. Mostly I was excited that she was appearing again, and not as a lame Bond-villain mess. Her character was done well, intense and quiet. I think Dixon did a pretty good job. Wish that team had lasted longer though.

If Cassandra ends up not being Batgirl anymore, do you guys think she will still be used at all? What would you hope happens to her? Would not being Batgirl possibly be a good way to lead her back to the League of Assassins?

There are no good ways to lead her back to the league of assassins.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

If Cassandra ends up not being Batgirl anymore, do you guys think she will still be used at all? What would you hope happens to her? Would not being Batgirl possibly be a good way to lead her back to the League of Assassins?
    According to DiDio she'll still be used, apparently they have some plan for her. It was said she'd be involved in Streets of Gotham, but she aint in the solits yet, it looks like just another Batman book. I just hope they stop dicking around with her character, Batgirl or not. I didnt like her being with the LoA, since she dissolved them succesfully at the end of her series, and abhors killing even more than Batman.
    Maybe she'll go with Red Robin (most likely Tim) to look for Batman. There is a figure that could be her on the cover of RR 3. Oh man, Yost writing Cass would be epic WIN.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by FemGeek View Post
    According to DiDio she'll still be used, apparently they have some plan for her. It was said she'd be involved in Streets of Gotham, but she aint in the solits yet, it looks like just another Batman book. I just hope they stop dicking around with her character, Batgirl or not. I didnt like her being with the LoA, since she dissolved them succesfully at the end of her series, and abhors killing even more than Batman.
    Maybe she'll go with Red Robin (most likely Tim) to look for Batman. There is a figure that could be her on the cover of RR 3. Oh man, Yost writing Cass would be epic WIN.
    Good God no. Yost would gleefully strip Cass of her humanity. Once was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by FemGeek View Post
    I would love to see that.

I dunno bout that, Cool Thatguy, he's done wonders with the fairly personality-less X23, he could do the same with Cass. He's the kinda guy who does his research, so theres no way he'd make an Beechen-level cockups. I'd sure like to see him try.

Well at least newton is being more active in his trolling here and not e-mailing people in other Cass Cain centric threads in other forums like he has in the past.

As for Christopher Yost writing Cass. She be probably in good hands. Yost is a continuty whore. He loves paying attention to details from the past. This is clearly shown with New X-Men and X-Force. The man loves the past.
    Behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!