Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Dark Horse Solicitations, August 2009

Dark Horse has released images and solicitations for new comics and products on sale in August, including new issues of "Hellboy: The Wild Hunt," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight," "Rex Mundi" and much more.

Full article here.

Still no Shepherd's Tale.

So is the goon on hiatus? I don't see a #33 solicited, and it looks like they're finally trying to catch up with trades...

Quote Originally Posted by zombiedictator View Post
    So is the goon on hiatus? I don't see a #33 solicited, and it looks like they're finally trying to catch up with trades...
    I think Powell said he's going to take his time after the monthly schedule last year.

New Bryan Talbot OGN! This just made my day-- I didn't even know this was in the works.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bendrix View Post
    I think Powell said he's going to take his time after the monthly schedule last year.
    that's why I switched to the trades after the first hiatus, the delays were making me lose interest PDQ.

When is volume 6 scheduled to come out? Amazon only has news on vol 7 & 8...

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    that's why I switched to the trades after the first hiatus, the delays were making me lose interest PDQ.

When is volume 6 scheduled to come out? Amazon only has news on vol 7 & 8...
    Pretty sure Chinatown counts as volume 6.

I noticed that Star Wars: Invasion is now a miniseries. A wise move on Dark Horse's part as many fans, myself included, loathe the New Jedi Order novels.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I'm confused about the Creepy Archives. Vol 5 mentions Ditko, Toth, Torres ect. but these artists only appeared in issues 20 up in reprints. It was announced that the Archives would not reprint reprints for obvious reasons. Combined with the generally poor new stuff they were doing at that time plus 2-4 reprints per issue a Vol 5 that contained Creepy 21 - 25 in their entirety would be a bad deal. A vol 5 that contained 7-8 issues sans reprints would be OK even without a lot of big names. (New work from Frazetta and Crandall does turn up in this era.)

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I noticed that Star Wars: Invasion is now a miniseries. A wise move on Dark Horse's part as many fans, myself included, loathe the New Jedi Order novels.
    Wasn't it always supposed to be a miniseries in the way that Clone Wars, Dark Times and Legacy are miniseries where they are released one story arc at a time so that they can share the same release slot?

That said, I notice there are 5 Star Wars comics in August...which means either they are clearing out a backlog in the release schedule, or they are seeing just how much they CAN get the fans to pay in a month.

Sabrina

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina_Fried View Post
    Wasn't it always supposed to be a miniseries in the way that Clone Wars, Dark Times and Legacy are miniseries where they are released one story arc at a time so that they can share the same release slot?

Sabrina

Yes, but now it looks like it's just going to be a miniseries instead of an ongoing series of miniseries.

Or maybe that's just me getting my hopes up too high.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

So, whats on everyone preorder list so far for August (from Dark Horse at least)?

I'll be grabbing my share of Mignola lore, along with some Usagi and Lovecraft.

B.P.R.D.: 1947 #2 (of 5)
    CONAN THE CIMMERIAN #13
    HELLBOY: THE WILD HUNT #5 (of 8)
    LOVECRAFT UNBOUND
    USAGI YOJIMBO #122
    WITCHFINDER: IN THE SERVICE OF ANGELS #2 (of 5)

Quote Originally Posted by zombiedictator View Post
    Pretty sure Chinatown counts as volume 6.
    ah ok, thanks!

Sabrina
    Legacy is an ongoing monthly, IIRC only Dark Times & Rebellion was a series of mini-series, taking a hiatus between story arcs...

Clone Wars was only mini-digests and the new mini based on the CGI show airing now?

That said, I notice there are 5 Star Wars comics in August...which means either they are clearing out a backlog in the release schedule, or they are seeing just how much they CAN get the fans to pay in a month.
    It's probably the former. I've seen Randy Stradley comment on how experience has shown that four SW comics a month on a regular basis is the limit before overall sales decrease.

They probably want to see just how Invasion goes over. I think its biggest appeal with be with Legacy readers who don't neccessarily know much about the NJO.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex