Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1163

Does anyone here post on Facebook's Deadliest Warrior group?

And does anyone watch youtube poop's of deadliest warrior?

Merry Christmas to all the fellow Deadliest Warrior fans out there who survived 12/21/2012!

Man this thread's been surviving for 3 years now.
    Current Mood: Still Bored/Awkward
    Currently Playing: None (except for maybe my NES/SNES emulator occasionally)
    Madworld Respect Thread

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

watchinga DW marathon now. currently on seals vs. israelis

I still miss Deadliest Warrior... not for its garbage-y season 2 antics, but for its weapon tests and 5-on-5 simulations.

alternate endings still would have been nice and hearing that they only shoot one ending, just shatters my dream.

but i'm more hooked on Screwattack's Death Battle nowadays (just saw Superman vs. Goku and it was fantastic) and especially more since the cancellation of DW.

Oh and happy belated New-Year everyone! First post of 2013 here!
    Last edited by IssunBoshi; 01-14-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    Madworld Respect Thread

Does anybody here know who Thrand is?
    Madworld Respect Thread

A bit late to bump this, but:
    yo when I was at my college bookstore around last month, you won't believe what book I read: http://www.amazon.com/Versus-Warrior.../dp/B005K6BFH6

the book pit the Viking against the Aztec, the Knight against the Zulu, the Ninja against the Gladiatrix, the Spartan against the Mongol, and the Ninja against the Gladiator. And in the end pit the winners against each other. And had rematches where you get to decide who wins.

I won't spoil the outcomes for this post yet, but it's worth a read.

all in all, it's kinda like a book-version of Deadliest Warrior.

Edit - Hey I have 7227 posts now! :D
    Last edited by IssunBoshi; 02-25-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Madworld Respect Thread

I'm kinda surprised nobody here (especially those who posted regularly in this thread) had made any comments about the above book I found.
    Madworld Respect Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IssunBoshi View Post
    I'm kinda surprised nobody here (especially those who posted regularly in this thread) had made any comments about the above book I found.
    That does look like a fascinating book. Based on it's description it sounds like Deadliest Warrior done right.

Thanks for posting that.

I'm more hooked on Screwattack's Death Battle nowadays (just saw Superman vs. Goku and it was fantastic)

That it was. Death Battle is awesome, probably the best "A vs. B" type site I've ever seen.

Anyone want to speculate what the still-being-developed Deadliest Warrior movie is possibly going to be about?
    My guess is it'll be a "Westworld" type movie with a huge theme park and the various warriors are androids. Typical "the robots go berzerk/get reprogrammed and start killing everyone" plot ensues and the cast have to fight their way out.
    Last edited by chilled monkey; 03-05-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Can't believe it's been two months since I last checked this thread.

So you think the book was fascinating eh?

and yeah Death Battle is pretty fun and exciting to watch, though I still love Deadliest Warrior's weapon tests/voice narration/historical footage scenes much more than Death Battle's pre-battle stats in the general aspects. As far as battle goes, Deadliest Warrior has more pure adrenaline, suspense, and thrill to it than most Death Battles, though both share a distinct unique formula and pattern of how the fight starts, goes, and ends, reflected on the research being shown beforehand, making it both predictable and unpredictable for our enjoyment.

But only because of the disappointments I had with Season 2, primarily the "Asian Triple Losses" and "Alexander vs. Attila", I'm more inclined to say that Deadliest Warrior was still much worse in terms of aggravating and trolling us with unexpected bullshit outcomes than even the worst of Death Battle has (so far). Though that's not to say no bullshit outcomes has ever riled me up from Death Battle. But thankfully not to the same extent as DW.

And i'm also having fun using Deadliest Warrior simulations for my found footage projects for Final Cut 2 class. I did one where 300 crossed over with Deadliest Warrior (in the first vid of it I have so far, involving Napoleon) and my whole class and professor saw it and laughed in joy. Though on my end, I'm currently putting up with one of my vid being blocked twice for alleged copyright issues on YouTube (and Dailymotion) and I'm still trying to find a better video site to upload them without the stupid disproportionate copyright rules.
    Madworld Respect Thread

What I didn't like about Season 2 was how they changed the group battles. They show a chart that if a member of the group gets killed it showcases just how many groups one side has left in comparison to the other. It just takes away the suspense of the whole battle.

I never cared for Death Battles due to the fanboyism behind it. "Superman won because he's cooler" Sure there is fanboyism in Deadliest Warrior but at least they bother to explain why the person who won has the tactical advantage
    Last edited by Legato; 05-01-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    What I didn't like about Season 2 was how they changed the group battles. They show a chart that if a member of the group gets killed it showcases just how many groups one side has left in comparison to the other. It just takes away the suspense of the whole battle.

I never cared for Death Battles due to the fanboyism behind it. "Superman won because he's cooler" Sure there is fanboyism in Deadliest Warrior but at least they bother to explain why the person who won has the tactical advantage
    That is not even remotely what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post

As much as I don't like to keep relaying this over and over, but I think Mongol vs. Comanche (aka the official third and very last component to complete the atrociously ghastly equation of the "Asian Triple Losses") was still pretty much the final straw that broke the camel's back for not only the asian fans (even if Genghis vs. Hannibal did make up for it largely, which I appreciated and savored at the time, but still...), but every sane person out there with the slightest intellect, ration, and logic.

It was the ultimate farce to end all farces in the history of all farces.

For me, its sheer pure unsaturated bullshitedness marked the day in modern history that mankind has literally lowered the bar for what's right and wrong, what's true and false, and what's credible and a bunch of lies and if you were around at that time, you would have witnessed that it was the very moment in the particular timeline of our universe/multiverse/megaverse that the status quo has changed (or I prefer "been hijacked") for the worst and that the many anamolies, impossibilities, and improbabilities of the laws of nature, physics, and reality known and speculated to us in our common scope of existence have become seemingly normal realities, especially when in all of God's creation that they were never or rarely ever should be thought to be intended to ever have happened in the first place, have well... just happened (apparently "because they can"). It is one of those things that have crawled straight out of the deepest bowels of what we religious people call "Hell" and have ushered in a new decade and age of "bullshit".

And from that point on, nothing was ever the same again and could probably never go back to the ways things were, especially not the good or normal old ways that we all knew and remember catching our last breath of, ladies and gentle-lads. We can only barely hope with all our might that "Hope" (tm) will return soon someday and either restore all things to its original pure state(s) or make it all grow into a new and bigger better spark of salvation for us all.

Tl;Dr: Virtually nothing on Death Battle so far comes anywhere close to the awfulness of the "Asian Triple Losses" or "Alexander vs. Attila", and thankfully so. At the very least, you see much much more people arguing against the fradulent outcomes of Death Battle's episodes and upholding the light of truth and facts of what things truly should be as it always before DB existed, regardless of what Wiz and Boomstick says for their verdict.

Whereas on Deadliest Warrior, since most of season 2, you don't see many people argue and contest the bullshit anymore (and nothing would make me a more satisfied man in the world if I knew exactly why and see more examples of people arguing against the bullshit) and they all just swallow it up and pretend that they haven't been fed a single pack of lies. CascadeSoldier is a prime example of this (even though he's an otherwise respectable youtuber). Such unequalled decadence.

Oh and Superman didn't win "because he was cooler" and if anything, he HAD to win to compensate for Wonder Woman and Batman losing on the DC side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the above ranting and raving, folks, I just had a rough week as I am currently pissed off at the audacity of something like the New YouTube One Channel Design, daring to even merely exist as a thought in our heads, and YouTube blocking my vid twice and having to yet find a single video-sharing website to upload vids of my own (namely and primarily the Deadliest Warrior stuff) that wouldn't be instantly blocked on the spot like on YouTube. And I have a lot of work and studying coming up. And so many other stuff going in my head that I have constantly yet or still need to sort out through and through and several more other crap on my end.
    Last edited by IssunBoshi; 05-02-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Madworld Respect Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    That is not even remotely what happened
    Yeah. Superman didn't win because he was 'cooler', he won because he's OP as fuck, what with the pulling around planets, moving at the speed of light, being able to pull a Flash move and phase through attacks, etc.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

The tournament begins leothelion's Avatar

Superman did not win because Batman and Wonder Woman lost, he won because he outclasses Goku in everything. Superman has no limits while Goku does. They did that Death Battle right and got the best sources imaginable.
    The world has turned its back on you.

Quote Originally Posted by leothelion View Post
    Superman did not win because Batman and Wonder Woman lost, he won because he outclasses Goku in everything. Superman has no limits while Goku does. They did that Death Battle right and got the best sources imaginable.
    Well yes Superman was stronger, tougher, and faster than Goku. But Wonder Woman and Batman losing is one of the other reasons why Superman won, simply because like Deadliest Warrior, Death Battle has the general rule of "If at least one or at most two characters from the same franchise/series/verse/brand/company loses and are the only ones used so far, then another one has to step up and win against someone eventually".

Not saying that Superman shouldn't have won, BUT I think they kinda underrated Goku a bit too much (I'm not a DBZ fanboy even though I ironically found myself rooting for Goku in the fight if only to see the reactions of people if Goku won) and I think they should try to give Goku a chance at winning.

Best sources imaginable? Ehhh... maybe. Depends on what you personally define or whatever you see/find in your vicinity and direction as "best sources".

*was wondering inquisitively what people had to say about his longer previous post as it felt important to let out and re-emphasize*
    Madworld Respect Thread

Man I'm currently working on my final found footage project in my final college semester and it's about mashing Seediq Bale: warriors of the rainbow (kickass movie i saw last year around the end of April) with Deadliest Warrior and a handful of other action movies and one particular scene of Cell from DBZ Kai and i'm even making a short film in it (though i'm going to try to make it only 1 minute or 30 seconds and save perhaps the extended version as a separate vid outside of class) mixing Act of Valor with The Baader Meinhof Complex (another awesome movie that makes me feel like it's Spring 2011 once again) and Silent Scope.

For the main part of vid, the list of unused DW simulations (or at least the warriors) I'm going to be featuring in my vid (which will be between 5 and 6 minutes long total) after I already used Ivan the Terrible as a starter (and I already used Hernan Cortes for my "Michael Collins Meets Deadliest Warrior" vid a LONG while back) are: SWAT, Teddy Roosevelet, lawrence of arabia, Pancho villa, green beret, ming warrior, us navy seal, and possibly the IRA. I was initially thinking about using the US army rangers and north korean special ops, but there's probably too much room already and i have to finish it as fast as possible by tonight, since apparently i'm told that i don't have time to do it tomorrow and i have to study for my final computer exams (ok perhaps that's a bit too much personal info) and my final cut class is this friday, which really really really sucks.

so guys a little help, if I were to use only 4 or 5 warriors in the bolded list above, which ones would you want me to use? I'm looking forward to your suggestions asap.
    Madworld Respect Thread