Page 5 of 210 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

How would you guys suggest a good Cyclops reading after Messiah Complex? Which books should one follow? He's so scattered on every book lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse_Complex View Post
    How would you guys suggest a good Cyclops reading after Messiah Complex? Which books should one follow? He's so scattered on every book lately.
    The Uncanny Divided story was good if you are trying to focus on Cyclops and Emma. But aside from that story, I think you are correct that he seems scattered around on the books.
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

もう二度と・・・

BANNED

I think its about time Marvel gave Cyclops his own series. I mean, even Jubilee had her own comic and Wolverine gets a new one every month.

i am still willing ot believe that emma is controlling cyclops cause i have hated cyclops all of the new mellenium

i much prefer him as his 80/90's version
    Wolvie616 is Mozambiquey

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Cobra View Post
    I think its about time Marvel gave Cyclops his own series. I mean, even Jubilee had her own comic and Wolverine gets a new one every month.
    A Cyclops series likely wouldn't sell much, and he's already a huge part of the X-men books. That would be like giving Reed Richards his own series, there isn't really much of a point since the team stories usually revolve around him anyway.

And as for good Cyclops stories, try X-force.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Manage The Anger psychic_therapy's Avatar

I think Astonishing is good... as well as Uncanny as x_goalie recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And as for good Cyclops stories, try X-force.
    Really? I was under the impression it was Wolvy-centric, though I confess to only reading maybe the first few issues, if that many.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Well, they aren't necessarily Cyke stories, but he's there, and written better than anywhere else.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by x_goalkeeper View Post
    I liked the jacket if Scott is the only one using it

In New X-Men it felt like a gang if he is seen alongside of Logan and Hank with the same jacket
    Yeah i know what you mean....I think thats why it worked in AXM, everyone else is powered and in costume but scott is supposedly de-powered looking casual

Is X-Force going to be released in a 12-issue HC?

Manage The Anger psychic_therapy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x_goalkeeper View Post
    I liked the jacket if Scott is the only one using it

In New X-Men it felt like a gang if he is seen alongside of Logan and Hank with the same jacket
    Normally I'm a bit wary of fashion comments from Japan (see Girls, Harajuku)...

But I agree. As much as I liked New X-Men, with the jackets it felt like Members Only. Scott pulls it off by himself though.

I've been a Cyclops fan since the 90s. I haven't backread that many issues printed before that decade, but I'd say that the best Cyclops stories are...

1. Wrath of Apocalypse (end of the Cyclops era X-Factor)
    2. Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men

I think it's easy for a lot of dorks to identify with Cyclops because he represents an ideal--basically the guy who gets the job done and the one who gets the chicks, and at the same time, the dork that's the most prominent.

Gambit and Wolverine would be an dork anti-thesis hence they aren't easily likeable.

The dork archetype can also be said about Beast, but that's basically like a Leonardo-Donatello of TMNT comparison. You just wouldn't choose Donatello over Leo if you know that Don's only a peripheral character.

However, it's true that a lot of characters have been jacked up at Cyclops expense, in my opinion. He's among the few leaders in a supehero team that doesn't seem to be as dominant, and that kinda raises an eyebrow.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

You know, due to annoying ass allergies bugging the shiznit outta me, causing me to have itchy eyes, etc etc, makes me wonder... does Scott get eye allergies? And damn... good luck trying to put Vasein in there!
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    You know, due to annoying ass allergies bugging the shiznit outta me, causing me to have itchy eyes, etc etc, makes me wonder... does Scott get eye allergies? And damn... good luck trying to put Vasein in there!
    I've never had to worry about 'annoying ass allergies' I suffer 'annoying sinus allergies' and never used visine, sudafed helps though. How does one medicate 'annoying ass allergies'???

I've been a Cyclops fan since the 90s. I haven't backread that many issues printed before that decade, but I'd say that the best Cyclops stories are...

1. Wrath of Apocalypse (end of the Cyclops era X-Factor)
    2. Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men
    I have not read Wrath of Apocalypse so I can not comment about it. I agree about Astonishing X-Men.

And I think Cyclops is also great in Messiah Complex.
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

もう二度と・・・

since i've been reading the x-men from the beginning, i would say scott summers has evolved into the character he's supposed to be -- flawed but totally focussed on the task at hand..
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...