Page 67 of 208 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3109
    We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

I thought Cyclops was the only good part about ANXM #6

I didn't care for the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants scene. Storm appointing emotional wreck Jean Grey leader who is also coping with unstable powers I think is a piss poor decision. Beast shows he is more than capable of doing it. Finally, the Angel scene, meh

And yes, I'm glad this Teen Scott has balls. He shouldn't have to take that crap from the JGS. Why would anybody want to stay there after putting up with what he went through? The obvious thing that school should have done would be to return 5 extremely important X-Men back to their own time. If something does happen to Scott, then a huge chunk is their damn fault for not counseling the kid properly.
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 01-16-2013 at 02:06 PM.

I thought issue 6 was great. I like how all the characters are being written and how they interact with each other. I'm also a fan of old school Scott, so it's great having a book with both the old and new Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    The obvious thing that school should have done would be to return 5 extremely important X-Men back to their own time. If something does happen to Scott, then a huge chunk is their damn fault for not counseling the kid properly.
    Bendis already confirmed the fallout for mucking with the Timestream will be dealth with in a future Guardians of the Galaxy/AN X-Men crossover. So yeah, expect some fallout from Hank's "Brilliant" decision to occur soon.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

I thought Cyclops was the only good part about ANXM #6

I didn't care for the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants scene. Storm appointing emotional wreck Jean Grey leader who is also coping with unstable powers I think is a piss poor decision. Beast shows he is more than capable of doing it. Finally, the Angel scene, meh

And yes, I'm glad this Teen Scott has balls. He shouldn't have to take that crap from the JGS. Why would anybody want to stay there after putting up with what he went through? The obvious thing that school should have done would be to return 5 extremely important X-Men back to their own time. If something does happen to Scott, then a huge chunk is their damn fault for not counseling the kid properly.
    I think someone mentioned in the ANXM Spoilers thread that they should just keep Teen Jean (Jeen) and Teen Scott here in the present and send the others back. I'm ok with that. O5 Hank has been pretty good, but what good will he be now that he has helped cure his present self? And does anyone REALLY give a shit about O5 Iceman and Angel? Hell, I don't even give a shit about their present versions.

Once Uncanny relaunches I may drop ANXM. We'll see where the story goes. I'm very interested to see what Mystique is going to do and if she gets to Teen Scott. I'm with you though, Teen Scott shouldn't have to take that crap from ANYONE at the school. I thought it was funny/ironic in the one panel where he is looking at the lunchroom/cafeteria, there is Genesis front and center mean-mugging him. FUCKING APOCALYPSE! Really, kid? If ANYONE should be getting a hard time about what they may or may NOT do in the future it's YOU (and for the record I like Genesis).
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Once again, ANXM would benefit from tossing logan down a well
    So a teen kid pushes your invulnerable ass ten feet into the asfalt, thus you lunge at him with your knives out?
    Five minutes after that atempted execution last issue?
    Jesus christ, where are the authorities?

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Silva View Post
    Once again, ANXM would benefit from tossing logan down a well
    So a teen kid pushes your invulnerable ass ten feet into the asfalt, thus you lunge at him with your knives out?
    Five minutes after that atempted execution last issue?
    Jesus christ, where are the authorities?
    Yes and not to mention this isn't just someone part of the staff of JGS. It's the freakin' HEADMASTER!
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

The obvious thing that school should have done would be to return 5 extremely important X-Men back to their own time.
    Dunno, the Guardians of the Galaxy lecturing Hank could make for a funny scene.

If something does happen to Scott, then a huge chunk is their damn fault for not counseling the kid properly.
    They would rather let TeenClops die than admit his older counterpart was right.

Loving the sig Darth. I honestly lol'd at that page. I also loved how everyone was like "Hey you look like that guy! HOW DARE YOU!"

I wish Bendis could actually write wolverine though. When wolverine is well written their conflict is actually entertaining, but this is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    Loving the sig Darth. I honestly lol'd at that page. I also loved how everyone was like "Hey you look like that guy! HOW DARE YOU!"
    I really liked Mystique's reaction to the brawl.

"Oh, great, those two clowns are going at it again. I should care because...?"

I wish Bendis could actually write wolverine though. When wolverine is well written their conflict is actually entertaining, but this is just sad.
    For the sake of fairness, it's not just Logan. Hank, Ororo and Kitty are also having a total blast taking cheap shots at TeenClops. Amusingly enough, Bobby is too busy being right and freaking out over the timestream to even notice the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I really liked Mystique's reaction to the brawl.

"Oh, great, those two clowns are going at it again. I should care because...?"
    That was pretty fun, honestly given the current state of affairs now is a great time to be an X-villain.

For the sake of fairness, it's not just Logan. Hank, Ororo and Kitty are also having a total blast taking cheap shots at TeenClops. Amusingly enough, Bobby is too busy being right and freaking out over the timestream to even notice the opportunity.
    What did Kitty and Ororo say? I know Ororo said Jean should lead because people won't trust Scott, but I felt that was more her being logical than actually having anything against teen cyke.

But yeah now that I think of it I'd like to see present Bobby hang out / help teen cyke. It'd be a nice inversion of their usual dynamic.

What did Kitty and Ororo say? I know Ororo said Jean should lead because people won't trust Scott, but I felt that was more her being logical than actually having anything against teen cyke.
    What does trust have to do with anything? It's not as if the other students would be taking orders from him. Nor as if they had the actual balls to do anything about it. The only thing Kitty and Ororo are effectively doing is to facilitate the shunning process.

I mean, TeenClops will most likely have to battle Mystique's new brotherhood to "redeem" himself. Kind of messed up.

But yeah now that I think of it I'd like to see present Bobby hang out / help teen cyke. It'd be a nice inversion of their usual dynamic.
    I was more going for a "Iceman was right!" vibe. I wasn't implying he had Cyke's back, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    What does trust have to do with anything? It's not as if the other students would be taking orders from him. Nor as if they had the actual balls to do anything about it. The only thing Kitty and Ororo are effectively doing is to facilitate the shunning process.
    If the O5 are gonna be out in the world mixing it up it makes sense for their leader to NOT be the guy who's a carbon copy of public enemy #1. And Scott's not really in a place to be leading the team right now. Of course, that's their own fault.

I mean, TeenClops will most likely have to battle Mystique's new brotherhood to "redeem" himself. Kind of messed up.
    Hopefully not, but I agree that's a very likely possibility.

I was more going for a "Iceman was right!" vibe. I wasn't implying he had Cyke's back, lol.
    Oh I know, and I agree, but putting aside the horrible "Just you!" crap from AvX Iceman never really held a grudge against Cyke personally. Now maybe, but even so he's level headed enough, and compassionate enough, that he would see teen cyke for who he is not who he could become.

It'd be a step up from what Iceman's been doing so far....

If the O5 are gonna be out in the world mixing it up it makes sense for their leader to NOT be the guy who's a carbon copy of public enemy #1. And Scott's not really in a place to be leading the team right now. Of course, that's their own fault.
    Oh, I know it's a smart PR move. It's just that Jean was elected after a whole five seconds of "debate" even though she's an emotional wreck and hates TeenClops the most. Given the characters' recent history, it kinda looks bad.

Now maybe, but even so he's level headed enough, and compassionate enough, that he would see teen cyke for who he is not who he could become
    I don't recall being level-headed ever being one of Bobby's strong points. The guy's hardly a berserker, but he's not exactly the poster child for putting one's petty issues aside. For the sake of fairness, 95% of the X-Men falls within this category too. That's what you get for running a family business instead of an army, I guess.

Yeah fair enough. One could argue Jean's in just as bad if not worse a place than Cyke.

But while Iceman isn't incredibly level headed, I think he is compared to people like Logan and Beast. One of the things I liked about him up until that one panel in AvX was how he didn't even really acknowledge the schism, and that he just went to the JGS because he felt Logan needed him more.

I guess it's more about him being compassionate than being level headed.

remember young avengers? and the children's crusade? and the whole planet going into shock because of iron lad and kang the conquerer?

Where is that?