Page 65 of 210 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

I found this picture on the net. One of the best I saw drawn of Phoenix Cyclops

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Cyclops has a new thread every day on the boards. I'm serious when I say he almost needs his own sub-forum!

I love the character but c'mon people. Most of the stuff could be posted here.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

I do think it's funny how this thread seems to be barren even though Cyclops is all over the x boards.

Meh, more often than not, Cyke threads aren't even started by his fans. The past 5+ years have been a non-stop hatefest.

Cying about karmic retribution in X-Cres is hardly what I'd call dignified.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Cying about karmic retribution in X-Cres is hardly what I'd call dignified.
    Yeah the hypocrisy is laughable. It's funny that when Kitty was even brought UP, people jumped outta the woodwork with claws unsheathed. And NO ONE even said anything bad about the character.

And I continue to point it out, but it seems people forget. THIS IS A COMIC BOOK MESSAGE BOARD. We are all fans and we are discussing our favorite characters. Quit being butthurt about the little things.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post

Not hating on the art (It's awesome), but the "thong" is never not going to make laugh at that costume/design.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yeah the hypocrisy is laughable. It's funny that when Kitty was even brought UP, people jumped outta the woodwork with claws unsheathed. And NO ONE even said anything bad about the character.

And I continue to point it out, but it seems people forget. THIS IS A COMIC BOOK MESSAGE BOARD. We are all fans and we are discussing our favorite characters. Quit being butthurt about the little things.
    I used to be a huge fan of Kitty. She was the MVP of Whedon's Run and used to be a favorite, but I'm at the point now where I want nothing to do with her. Not sure how her fans can be happy with her current state She hasn't done jack crap in 2012, scolds others for making attempts, and when I saw her do nothing when Wolverine wanted to kill Teen Cyclops, that pretty much threw all credit I had for her out the window.

As for Cyclops, its beyond obvious even his haters know he's the man. You can tell because they're beyond the point of grasping straws when you read their posts. I mean, you have some trying to say he is a dictator. Scott said anybody can leave Utopia and his new school whenever you want. So Cyclops is a dictator, yet the man waving the detonator threatening to blow up an island full of kids if they didn't listen to his demands isn't?

I used to be a huge fan of Kitty. She was the MVP of Whedon's Run and used to be a favorite, but I'm at the point now where I want nothing to do with her. Not sure how her fans can be happy with her current state She hasn't done jack crap in 2012, scolds others for making attempts, and when I saw her do nothing when Wolverine wanted to kill Teen Cyclops, that pretty much threw all credit I had for her out the window.

As for Cyclops, its beyond obvious even his haters know he's the man. You can tell because they're beyond the point of grasping straws when you read their posts. I mean, you have some trying to say he is a dictator. Scott said anybody can leave Utopia and his new school whenever you want. So Cyclops is a dictator, yet the man waving the detonator threatening to blow up an island full of kids if they didn't listen to his demands isn't?
    I try not to get involve with fan-wankery, but yeah, Logan's a hypocrite. I think Remender even said that in a post UXF interview that he's failed Xavier's legacy in his own speciall little way.

I am liking All-New, but I have some question about if Bendis is intentionally writing certain characters certain ways with some sort of payoff to come down the road, or is just ignoring other people's work (again). But I do agree that incident at the school in the last issue rubbed me the wrong way.

Don't you remember that time Kim Jong Il let all those people leave North Korea, and even gave them a jet to ensure they had transportation? Such a dictator!

Quote Originally Posted by AnarCHris View Post
    I try not to get involve with fan-wankery, but yeah, Logan's a hypocrite. I think Remender even said that in a post UXF interview that he's failed Xavier's legacy in his own speciall little way.
    The difference is that in Remender's (and gillen's in consequences) characterization, he knows he was a hypocrite, he knows he failed Xavier, and is trying to be better going forward. He's not judging people as if he's lived his whole life from the moral highground.

And he's not, you know, voting on murdering teenagers.

But I thought consequences did a great job of showing how Logan would actually feel towards Cyclops. Lots of anger (and some irrationality as a result), but once you cut through that it's more pity / empathy than anything else because Logan sees Cyclops going down a path that Logan's been down before, and one that rarely ended in anything but tragedy.

Of course, Cyke hasn't actually done anything THAT bad aside form when he was all phoenix'd up, but that's a flaw in the foundation established by Marvel, not the writers.
    Last edited by Whip Whirlwind; 01-09-2013 at 11:52 AM.

BANNED

If you examine the motivation of the haters, it's pretty obvious where it stems from. It doesn't bother me because i'm a better person than they are. I'm amused, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    The difference is that in Remender's (and gillen's in consequences) characterization, he knows he was a hypocrite, he knows he failed Xavier, and is trying to be better going forward. He's not judging people as if he's lived his whole life from the moral highground.

And he's not, you know, voting on murdering teenagers.

But I thought consequences did a great job of showing how Logan would actually feel towards Cyclops. Lots of anger (and some irrationality as a result), but once you cut through that it's more pity / empathy than anything else because Logan sees Cyclops going down a path that Logan's been down before, and one that rarely ended in anything but tragedy.

Of course, Cyke hasn't actually done anything THAT bad aside form when he was all phoenix'd up, but that's a flaw in the foundation established by Marvel, not the writers.
    Yeah, Remender & Aaron/Gillen have handled the consquences and responses of their respected characters well. I thought Consequences was the best part of AvX TBH.

Again, I'm liking All-New, but it isn't exactly flawless. I assume most of Cyke's "terrorist/revolutionist" actions are happening off-panel, because post-breakout, he really hasn't done anything as you said.

She hasn't done jack crap in 2012, scolds others for making attempts, and when I saw her do nothing when Wolverine wanted to kill Teen Cyclops, that pretty much threw all credit I had for her out the window.
    She was busy groping Jeen. In front of Storm. Makes an awful lot of sense, when you think about it.

Cyclops made #1 in Newsarama's Top 10 (Comic) book people of the year: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-c...he-year-1.html

I agree with the ranking, but I don't like the summary. The guy (or gal) is obviously a Cyke hater, and the Xavier summary at #2 confirms it.
    Screw, Newsarama. They also said that Christopher Reeve's performance as Superman was one of the top 10 worse comic book movie performances of all time. They didn't even have Shaq as Steel on that list.

That's a really awesome pic. Would love to have a poster of it. Maybe I can get Jon Hughes to do a commission when I get the money.
    Last edited by JoseDRivera7; 01-10-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Here's some art I found on Tumblr.

http://angelasongart.tumblr.com/post...-for-my-friend

Last edited by JoseDRivera7; 01-10-2013 at 10:13 AM.