Page 62 of 209 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Alrighty.
    Cyclops actually questions "the white queen showing her true colors" in the ANXM#4 preview?? Oh BOO!
    C'mon "writer"! They JUST ended things and I like to think these ADULTS wouldn't immediately turn to "it must be my EX, messing with my mind!" garbage. Lame!

Also... I don't have any problem with Cyclops's stance regarding "responsibility".A lot of people seem to think he's being wishy washy and/or indecisive about his role in all of this but...I just don't see it.

He says "I take full responsibility" to all the necessary authority figures (Cap, Wolverine, The Avengers, The US Govt. etc) because thats what they need. They need to put a face to all the chaos. Someone to blame. And Scott offers himself, willingly, because despite all the unfortunate events that transpired, the mutant population was still restarted, so the costs were worth it.

But he also acknowledges, (as evidenced in Gillen's Uncanny when we got his inner monologue stuff) that he wasn't, at times, capable of discerning what was happening or what was real. He wasn't fully in control of his actions. He was a vessel at that point, drifting in and out of awareness. Despite that realization, he still agrees to be the "face to blame" for those who seek it. He's taking responsibility for everything he's done (establishing Utopia, creating the Extinction Team, putting mutants first, battling the Avengers, working outside the government, etc etc) and he's even willing, at this point, to shoulder the burdens caused during his possession (such as killing Xavier and attempting to destroy/recreate the planet).

He's not wishy washy, or back peddling.
    He's pragmatic.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    After reading ANXM #3 and the preview for #4 I'm starting to have doubts.

I loved Gillen's confident, "yeah I take responsibility but since I was right why should I give a fuck, push the emotions out of the way and mission comes first Cyclops.

Bendis on the other hand is writing a complete opposite. An emotional, too talkative, "it wasn't me." I'm not liking his Cyclops one bit.

Why do I have a feeling this might end up like AvX. He tried to make the Avengers the good guys but it completely blew up in their face. I'm hoping the same shit doesn't happen to Scott.
    Really? I loved the preview for #4. Although I see what you're saying when you say that he is acting too emotional, but in the case of #4 preview it all seems to be his internal thoughts. Not to mention this particular situation would be pretty fucking terrifying! You're looking your teenage self in the face, not to mention your first love (when you first fell in love with her). Now, if he starts TALKING about those thoughts/feelings, then I may start to get a little worried. He did kinda do that in issue #3, but again, I think the loss of control of his powers really hit him where it hurts (so to speak) since he's been struggling with power control all of his life. So if he gets emotional about ANYTHING, that would be it. I dunno...that's how I'm rationalizing it. But it IS Bendis, so I understand your worry....

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Alrighty.
    Cyclops actually questions "the white queen showing her true colors" in the ANXM#4 preview?? Oh BOO!
    C'mon "writer"! They JUST ended things and I like to think these ADULTS wouldn't immediately turn to "it must be my EX, messing with my mind!" garbage. Lame!

Also... I don't have any problem with Cyclops's stance regarding "responsibility".A lot of people seem to think he's being wishy washy and/or indecisive about his role in all of this but...I just don't see it.

He says "I take full responsibility" to all the necessary authority figures (Cap, Wolverine, The Avengers, The US Govt. etc) because thats what they need. They need to put a face to all the chaos. Someone to blame. And Scott offers himself, willingly, because despite all the unfortunate events that transpired, the mutant population was still restarted, so the costs were worth it.

But he also acknowledges, (as evidenced in Gillen's Uncanny when we got his inner monologue stuff) that he wasn't, at times, capable of discerning what was happening or what was real. He wasn't fully in control of his actions. He was a vessel at that point, drifting in and out of awareness. Despite that realization, he still agrees to be the "face to blame" for those who seek it. He's taking responsibility for everything he's done (establishing Utopia, creating the Extinction Team, putting mutants first, battling the Avengers, working outside the government, etc etc) and he's even willing, at this point, to shoulder the burdens caused during his possession (such as killing Xavier and attempting to destroy/recreate the planet).

He's not wishy washy, or back peddling.
    He's pragmatic.
    Good post. I pretty much agree!
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Now, if he starts TALKING about those thoughts/feelings, then I may start to get a little worried. He did kinda do that in issue #3, but again, I think the loss of control of his powers really hit him where it hurts (so to speak) since he's been struggling with power control all of his life. So if he gets emotional about ANYTHING, that would be it. I dunno...that's how I'm rationalizing it. But it IS Bendis, so I understand your worry....
    Know what Cyclops likes to talk about? Not his feelings. Ever.

We get that Bendis felt he had to speed up the exposition process, but it was just so awkward. Cyclops said sooooo much and Magneto had to work so little for it.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 12-10-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Really? I loved the preview for #4. Although I see what you're saying when you say that he is acting too emotional, but in the case of #4 preview it all seems to be his internal thoughts. Not to mention this particular situation would be pretty fucking terrifying! You're looking your teenage self in the face, not to mention your first love (when you first fell in love with her). Now, if he starts TALKING about those thoughts/feelings, then I may start to get a little worried. He did kinda do that in issue #3, but again, I think the loss of control of his powers really hit him where it hurts (so to speak) since he's been struggling with power control all of his life. So if he gets emotional about ANYTHING, that would be it. I dunno...that's how I'm rationalizing it. But it IS Bendis, so I understand your worry....
    The thoughts are fine (well for the most part, the bit about Emma really sucks) but I'd rather not read them. What I loved about the way he's been written the past few years is that we never get to read what he thinks, but only see it through his actions. This is lazy.
    [x]

BANNED

Hey do you guys know if James Marsden is reprising his role for the newly planned X-Men films?

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Hey do you guys know if James Marsden is reprising his role for the newly planned X-Men films?
    There's talk about Singer or Fox asking for Marsden and Halle Berry to return, but nothing concrete as of yet.
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    All I know is Marsden has been up for reprising his role for the past 5 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    All I know is Marsden has been up for reprising his role for the past 5 years or so.
    Ha! His schedule is pretty open these days.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    Ha! His schedule is pretty open these days.
    well cyclops has dated Lois Lane and Liz Lemon, so who knows
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    This would be awesome. I have faith in the guy as an actor, and he looks like he just stepped off the page, but it was such a pity that he was cast as cyclops in a trilogy that was from the get go wolverine centric.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Not that I take reviews from newsarama seriously

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best...w-x-men-4.html

But the good news is that our boy gets most of the spotlight with ANXM #4

In addition, the balance of screen time between all these characters is still askew, with older Cyclops and his team getting most of it, young Cyclops and Jean getting a little bit, and Wolverine's school scraping what's left over at the end.

Good news indeed.

Now if only the dialogue actually sounded like something Cyke might say...

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

After reading ANXM #4, it looks like Cyclops can't harm himself or his brother with his mutant powers.

After both T and R Cyclops blasted each other, it looks like R Cyclops Blast overpowered Teen Scott's.
    At first I thought it was the explosion from the two blasts, but I think R Cyclops shot was stronger.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    After reading ANXM #4, it looks like Cyclops can't harm himself or his brother with his mutant powers.

After both T and R Cyclops blasted each other, it looks like R Cyclops Blast overpowered Teen Scott's.
    At first I thought it was the explosion from the two blasts, but I think R Cyclops shot was stronger.
    Yeah Teen!Cyclops was totally overmatched.

Great issue and great showing for Scott I thought.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

LMAO at yesterday's issue. Not only did Cyke go monosyllabic on Emma, but he took that fall like a boss. Bonus points for the hilarious dialogue.

That dispassionate "No." just cracks me up to no end.