Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wedding Programs

I'm making the programs for a friend's wedding, and they want it to feel like an old Superhero comic wedding. Here's the roughs for the front cover which will open up to be a wraparound to show more crowd on the back cover. If all goes well, the book's going to be 12 pages in color.

The bride and groom have yet to choose a dress and tux, which is why they're currently left as placeholders. The books are going to be 5" x 7.25," which is the same size I'm drawing them, but I think I'll ink them larger and scale it down.
    Last edited by Manon; 04-18-2009 at 01:42 AM.

I think this is awesome! I also illustrated my wedding invitation and had a blast doing monster versions of my wife and I. people will sure as hell remember when you go outside the box and will appreciate your touch...So far, this looks AWESOME...love how you altered the marvel comics logo...clever. I think how you included the characters is great and the arrangement is fantastic. can't wait ot see this wraparound

can't wait to see how this turns out, keep us all posted!!!
    Check out my site:
    SPAGHETTIKISS.COM

Comics / Apparel / Illustration
    SpaghettiKiss' Art Thread

working class villain starkoryan81's Avatar

Cool. What a great idea. I hope I can meet a girl who would be down with this sort of thing!

Those sound rad, spaghetti. you should PM em to me, I'd like to see that.

here's the loose layout for the cover:

sure, man, i'll see if I can find it!
    Check out my site:
    SPAGHETTIKISS.COM

Comics / Apparel / Illustration
    SpaghettiKiss' Art Thread

Awesome.

Here's a better image of the logos:

At first, I had the Comics code stamp on the right and the date in the separate box like the 60s-era Marvel comics, but I opted to drop them into the box on the left so that the title could be larger.

totally radical, more people should look at this as an option....hire an artist to do invitations/ programs....hmmmm maybe you could shop the idea to local bridal stores....I know I would

The first few characters for the back of the program.

Sasquatch, Medusa, and Mogo added. There will be a crowd of people in front of Sassy, so very little of him below the neck will be seen.

I'm going to ink this soon, now's the time for feedback if anyone sees anything wrong.

Is that Magneto behind Supergirl? Who is he talking to? It seems like her head is coming out of his shoulder. That's probably the only glaringly obvious problem I've seen, otherwise it's great!

He's talking to Platinum (or Platina) from the Metal Men. I think it'll read more clearly in color, because you can see a little of her neck and you can see more of her body under his arm.

But now that you mention it, I can cut his cape back some more, so that you can see more of his arm and her face... I might do that...

The Hawk of New York LewMoxinsghost's Avatar

THis looks awesome man. How about throwing in a Watcher in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by LewMoxinsghost View Post
    THis looks awesome man. How about throwing in a Watcher in the background?
    The groom and I discussed both the Watcher and Galactus, but ultimately, he wanted Fin Fang Foom in the comic, and I wanted to only do one gigantic character, so that the size difference doesn't lose it's impact.

We're currently emailing back and forth ideas and revisions for the script, trying to hit a sweet spot. So far, I'm fairly stoked about it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyredlady View Post
    Is that Magneto behind Supergirl? Who is he talking to? It seems like her head is coming out of his shoulder. That's probably the only glaringly obvious problem I've seen, otherwise it's great!

I tweaked it some, and highlighted her, just for clarity's sake. Does this look better?