Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast

So my house was burglarized (again) this past weekend and they stole my laptop, external hard drive, Wacom tablet, and a few other items.

I went to Best Buy the other night and bought a replacement laptop but when I asked about the Wacom tablets nobody knew what I was talking about. I found that odd.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib View Post
    So my house was burglarized (again) this past weekend and they stole my laptop, external hard drive, Wacom tablet, and a few other items.

I went to Best Buy the other night and bought a replacement laptop but when I asked about the Wacom tablets nobody knew what I was talking about. I found that odd.
    Crap. Sorry to hear about the burglary.
    the latest tablets I've seen have BAMBOO in big letters on them, so I suspect they don't realize Wacom makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkbunny View Post
    Crap. Sorry to hear about the burglary.
    the latest tablets I've seen have BAMBOO in big letters on them, so I suspect they don't realize Wacom makes them.
    Thanks...yeah, I just stumbled across the Bamboo brands on Amazon. I found a good replacement...and not too badly priced either. A little more than the open model I bought several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib View Post
    Thanks...yeah, I just stumbled across the Bamboo brands on Amazon. I found a good replacement...and not too badly priced either. A little more than the open model I bought several years ago.
    The Bamboos replaced the Wacom graphire line - they aren't too bad, but I have basically stopped using mine since I got the iPad.

The Hawk of New York LewMoxinsghost's Avatar

Matt- sorry to hear about your burglary.

Anyone else seen this yet?
    http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2011-s...ge-deblurring/

Pretty cool, but kind of scary if you rely on low res images for protecting your content. I think. I mean, the implication is you can take a bit-mapped, low 72 dpi image and slick-ify it to the point that it appears at a higher res.

Default Happy Halloween

That time of year again! Hope yours is a good one!

Happy Holidays, everyone! How's things?
    Are you considering nay creative goals for 2012?

I'm always impressed with howyadoin's daily commitments, anyone else doing something like that? Any interest in a daily sharing sketch thread or anything around here?

Thanks,
    Jaye
    Check out my artwork here: Thirteenth Story Art

Quote Originally Posted by Jaye View Post

I'm always impressed with howyadoin's daily commitments, anyone else doing something like that? Any interest in a daily sharing sketch thread or anything around here?

Thanks,
    Jaye
    Happy Almost Winter Solstice!

I've been thinking of trying one because I want to spend more time on my drawing skills both on paper and on my iPad. It's getting myself not to procrastinate at it that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaye View Post

Thanks,
    Jaye
    I wish my schedule permitted more postings... but even if I got my post rate back up, I wonder if the community here will grow back to what it once was.

I'll be posting the second issue of my comic Privateer here- hopefully once a week. I've also got that painting thread I started which I haven't entirely given up on.. just sorely neglected.

I've been thinking that there should be more design contests and drawing competitions in here. One idea I had was that I keep thinking about redesigning some obscure characters I come across when going through my back issues and wonder what they would look like in modern times- but don't think I'll ever do it unless I get that community support I crave. Any chance you or Mattbib will do something besides the Project Runway? Don't get me wrong, I like it- but wonder if there could be something that was recurring but that was less involved and committal.

I was thinking maybe we could occasionally invite established guest artists and writers to tell us something about their techniques.
    We could invite an established artist and have an interview about materials, styles, techniques, thought processes, career choices, etc.
    I think it could potentially be a draw to get more people to visit this forum.
    Wouldn't mind doing the interviews.
    Maybe 10 standard questions they can answer in their own time.
    Last edited by Pro; 12-26-2011 at 09:55 AM.

I just cut up an old Batman calendar and made a photo collage out of the best images. I used them to decorate an old wooden box I had laying around and am experimenting with an epoxy sealer. I gotta say, the results are looking pretty damn good. I hope I mixed it right. Anybody out there ever messed with the stuff? It's been the first time I've touched it in 20 years.

hello artists and writers I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST SOMETHING FUN TO YOU MAYBE

It is an artist jam over on the x-boards, where you get allocated two characters at random and have to draw what you think their kids would look like. IT IS CRAZY and fun!

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...eneration-Next!

please join in and show the world your crazy and strange ideas in the form of lovely lush artwork?

LOL- I did it several times and couldn't figure out how to be me. LOLOLOLOL
    Check out 2009's drawings at my new thread on the Artist & Writer Showcase.

"I prefer working out of strict continuity, because no normal human being can have a firm grip on the constantly shifting bardo-like territory of a comics universe, where entire histories can be erased by a strong enough super-sneeze."- Grant Morrison

Anyone here going to Herocon?