Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by End of Time View Post
    Nicolas Eymerich - which surprisingly is set in the past for a large part of its story.
    Beautiful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaye View Post
    Beautiful stuff.
    I'll try to get a couple of decent scans to show off...

and here you go, four pages from the first book (which is roughly 50 pages long)

Last edited by End of Time; 04-07-2009 at 02:01 PM.
    I went and made a webcomic...
    Saturn Sally

Due to the five image limit, here's an example of a non-conventional page lay out.

I went and made a webcomic...
    Saturn Sally

Quote Originally Posted by starkoryan81 View Post
    Here's a question for my fellow artists: Who's your favorite artist working in comics right now?
    Print comics or do webcomics count as well?

End of Time, I read Asterix and that is about it on a regular basis, but those are gorgeous pages there.

Right now I've been finding myself hankering for simpler cartooning.

Jaime Hernandez rocks my world. And I've been looking at some old school Archie comics and enjoying the linework.
    Check out 2009's drawings at my new thread on the Artist & Writer Showcase.

"I prefer working out of strict continuity, because no normal human being can have a firm grip on the constantly shifting bardo-like territory of a comics universe, where entire histories can be erased by a strong enough super-sneeze."- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by atoningunifex View Post
    Jaime Hernandez rocks my world.
    I'd be hard-pressed to name somebody better at anatomy and body language.
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

I went and saw Adventureland Sunday night. Not as stupid-funny as I thought it would be, but I really liked it anyway. Anyone else check it out?

Not sure about Adventureland. Its been ages since I've had the chance to go to a movie... but maybe I'd watch it on cable -if only for the fact I had a big crush on the Tilt-A-Whirl operator at Funtown back in the 80's. Perhaps I'd learn where I went wrong. Or right.

I got some new pens yesterday, my old ones were driving me nuts. I had been using radiographs, but can't deal with them anymore, they break constantly on me, leaking all over no matter the cleaning I do. So, I'm trying the Rotring ArtPens. The sketch one (EF) so far is really great, and the other ones, made more for writing have tips that can be ground down to get a finer line, and I'm liking that as well.

So, I've been doing my line work with these and filing in blacks with a brush as usual. What are you guys using for inking?

I use crappy pens. I've never invested in any good ones. Which is probably why I always have problems with smooth lines. Or maybe I'm using the wrong paper.

I bought some great paper, too! 3 ply Bristol board series 500. I went on a shopping spree and got both these things last week. Its soo nice having such great paper, it takes a beating, is a nice bright white, and comes out looking sellable.

I got some new pens yesterday, my old ones were driving me nuts. I had been using radiographs, but can't deal with them anymore, they break constantly on me, leaking all over no matter the cleaning I do. So, I'm trying the Rotring ArtPens. The sketch one (EF) so far is really great, and the other ones, made more for writing have tips that can be ground down to get a finer line, and I'm liking that as well.
    I have a couple of the sketch ones. I like them but I find if I'm not really careful they jam and sputter (one of the common problems of being left-handed or maybe it's just me) - have you tried the refillable cartridge with it?

Quote Originally Posted by snarkbunny View Post
    I have a couple of the sketch ones. I like them but I find if I'm not really careful they jam and sputter (one of the common problems of being left-handed or maybe it's just me) - have you tried the refillable cartridge with it?
    Nope, they are brand new to me, so I am using the disposable cartridges that came with it. I like the darkness of the ink, looking to see how it fades over time. Thankfully, no sputtering yet. I'm a righty not sure it makes a difference.

Last night I couldn't sleep, and thought it would be good to learn to write with my left hand. I'm going to practice a little every day and see how it goes. My right hand is relied on too much.

Great idea Matt.

How many of you are reading European comics, or would consider reading them?
    Being european I grew up with them. There's too much to mention.
    Thorgall, Eric the viking,Tom Poes, Douwe Dabbert, Argonauten, the duistere steden series, metabarons, Moebius. Stuff worth reading.

3 ply Bristol board series 500.
    What is the advantage of bristol boards as opposed to paper?
    Don't think I've ever worked on bristol boards.

Nope, they are brand new to me, so I am using the disposable cartridges that came with it. I like the darkness of the ink, looking to see how it fades over time. Thankfully, no sputtering yet. I'm a righty not sure it makes a difference.
    It does, I think - As long as i make sure I'm working right to left, down to up I don't seem to have any problems with it. Do post when you try the refillable.

Last night I couldn't sleep, and thought it would be good to learn to write with my left hand. I'm going to practice a little every day and see how it goes. My right hand is relied on too much.
    Good idea - stick with capitals to start may be the easiest.