Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

I have a quick question to ask, could anybody direct me to a very cheap tablet? I have a friend who I have tapped to be the colorist on some stuff I am working on, and he is planning on doing it digital, but, currently not with a tablet, so I wanted to find an example of a cheap tablet in the chance that was something he might be interested in.

Thank you to everybody in advance.
    Taskmaster: I'm so much better than you. You can't win. You have to die.
    Moon Knight: Yes, kill me.... See if that works this time.

"Agnostic; lazy man's Atheist" - Pierce (Community)

The Hawk of New York LewMoxinsghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Yoda View Post
    I have a quick question to ask, could anybody direct me to a very cheap tablet? I have a friend who I have tapped to be the colorist on some stuff I am working on, and he is planning on doing it digital, but, currently not with a tablet, so I wanted to find an example of a cheap tablet in the chance that was something he might be interested in.

Thank you to everybody in advance.
    http://www.google.com/products?q=wac...&sa=N&start=10

froogle.com has been my friend in stuff like this. Wacom makes the best tablets in my opinion. Your best bet is to find a used one in good working order.

A Street Wise Comic Thug Comics's Avatar

Default Tablet

I bought a wacom bamboo pen tablet at staples here in tennessee for 76 bucks. You can get it online that cheap too at the wacom website. That's pretty cheap. i have seen tsblets a lot more and I like to have something new. Ya know? plus painting software comes with it. You never know the malfunction that could be associated with a used product. Buying used things has its advantages if you're looking to save more money. But with electronics you take a chance on getting ripped.
    Last edited by Thug Comics; 09-17-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Default Cool stuff

This woman makes some purty stuff http://www.behance.net/gallery/The-d...intings/692186
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Today's Rose is Rose amuses me greatly: A cool way to deal with "helpful advice" and funny at the same time.

I'm tired of staring at this blank canvas I've prepped. Someone give me an idea of what to paint- something challenging. I've done some little paintings and now feel like I'm ready for this big one. It is in horizontal format and will be done in acrylics.

Quote Originally Posted by LewMoxinsghost View Post
    I'm tired of staring at this blank canvas I've prepped. Someone give me an idea of what to paint- something challenging. I've done some little paintings and now feel like I'm ready for this big one. It is in horizontal format and will be done in acrylics.
    Have you seen what howy has been playing with in his thread with the multiple layers of gloss glazing? It's definitely challenging.

So are you looking for techniques, themes, reference or simple inspiration?

oooh - Check the earth from space photos on this link out

Quote Originally Posted by snarkbunny View Post
    Have you seen what howy has been playing with in his thread with the multiple layers of gloss glazing? It's definitely challenging.

So are you looking for techniques, themes, reference or simple inspiration?

oooh - Check the earth from space photos on this link out
    Yep, I really enjoy his thread. There's no way I'm operating on that level, process-wise. Mostly, I'm just looking for a theme or concept. This usually isn't a problem for me, but I normally don't do paints and since there is only the one canvas, I'm feeling extra pressure. I am looking for a challenging subject matter really- something complex, or even detailed, and one that could be done well in acrylics. I keep thinking of doing a JLA or Superfriends composition, but would rather do something that isn't as common, commercial and obvious. But at the same time, not so esoteric that no one would ever want to hang it on a wall.

I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

Yep, I really enjoy his thread. There's no way I'm operating on that level, process-wise. Mostly, I'm just looking for a theme or concept. This usually isn't a problem for me, but I normally don't do paints and since there is only the one canvas, I'm feeling extra pressure. I am looking for a challenging subject matter really- something complex, or even detailed, and one that could be done well in acrylics. I keep thinking of doing a JLA or Superfriends composition, but would rather do something that isn't as common, commercial and obvious. But at the same time, not so esoteric that no one would ever want to hang it on a wall.
    Well, I am a fan of superheros, but one suggestion I have that you could do if you are still open to Super Heroes, is show a progression painting of superheroes, utilizing the characters you think best exemplify each era.
    Taskmaster: I'm so much better than you. You can't win. You have to die.
    Moon Knight: Yes, kill me.... See if that works this time.

"Agnostic; lazy man's Atheist" - Pierce (Community)

Well you draw really, really well so do you want something more tied to drawing skills or away from drawing skills?

If you want to do more drawing, then JLA or Superfriends sounds like a great idea. Maybe the Superpets.., toys,

If it's away from the drawing skills:

Which sounds more intriguing to you colour or texture?

If texture sounds more appealing, trees, rocks, driftwood

If it's colour - think of Space Pics, plants, tropical fish, jelly beans, toys, christmas lights

Basically you want to find an image that cranks your brain.

Well you draw really, really well so do you want something more tied to drawing skills or away from drawing skills?

If you want to do more drawing, then JLA or Superfriends sounds like a great idea. Maybe the Superpets.., toys,

If it's away from the drawing skills:

Which sounds more intriguing to you colour or texture?

If texture sounds more appealing, trees, rocks, driftwood

If it's colour - think of Space Pics, plants, tropical fish, jelly beans, toys, christmas lights

Basically you want to find an image that cranks your brain.
    For this, definitely color over texture. Thanks for the compliment, by the way. I think I should do something that plays to the ole drawing skills. Problem is, I still don't know exactly what. Maybe I'll just sketch until something clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Yoda View Post
    Well, I am a fan of superheros, but one suggestion I have that you could do if you are still open to Super Heroes, is show a progression painting of superheroes, utilizing the characters you think best exemplify each era.
    I like this idea a lot. I had thought of something else, but I'm going to sleep on it and decide in the morning.

For this, definitely color over texture. Thanks for the compliment, by the way. I think I should do something that plays to the ole drawing skills. Problem is, I still don't know exactly what. Maybe I'll just sketch until something clicks.
    If your idea still hasn't quite clicked, sketching until it clicks is an excellent idea, - try a still life by grabbing some comics, toys, christmas ornaments and sketching them in different arrangements.

If your idea still hasn't quite clicked, sketching until it clicks is an excellent idea, - try a still life by grabbing some comics, toys, christmas ornaments and sketching them in different arrangements.
    I did a lot of gestural stuff last night, slept on it, and now have the idea. It's still evolving, but I'm going with an armored soldier or knight. I've just started the underdrawing- hopefully I'll be able to post something later today.

I did a lot of gestural stuff last night, slept on it, and now have the idea. It's still evolving, but I'm going with an armored soldier or knight. I've just started the underdrawing- hopefully I'll be able to post something later today.
    Looking forward to seeing it!