Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Posts
    9,940

    Question I haven't received any mail in an entire week.

    I haven't gotten any mail this week...no bills, no junk mail, and not any of the three packages I've been expecting for more than a week now. It's weird, and a little scary. This has never happened to me. I talked to my local post office, and they say there's nothing wrong. What should I do?


    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

    phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

    Get it right, people.

  2. #2
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    31,733

    Default

    Not look a gift horse in the mouth.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

  3. #3
    Poolryuken Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Atlanta Formerly Detroit
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Provided the post office says nothing's wrong, I'd just sit back and enjoy it for awhile.

  4. #4
    Better than Icecream! Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    9,856

    Default

    Did the post office say nothing has been delivered?

    My neighbour had the same problem a while back, turned out someone was pranking him and taking all the mail.

  5. #5
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Posts
    9,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Not look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Provided the post office says nothing's wrong, I'd just sit back and enjoy it for awhile.
    I am awaiting three packages of stuff I ordered, so I do hope they arrive. One was mailed from Hong Kong back on March 8, and two more were mailed from somewhere in the U.S. on March 11. Surely, those should be here by now.

    It's gotten so unsettling that I sent myself an envelope with a blank sheet of paper in it just to see if it comes back to me. I dropped it in the mailbox an hour ago, so if it doesn't come back to me by Monday afternoon, then something stinks.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 03-27-2009 at 06:19 PM.
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

    phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

    Get it right, people.

  6. #6
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Posts
    9,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    Did the post office say nothing has been delivered?

    My neighbour had the same problem a while back, turned out someone was pranking him and taking all the mail.
    I use a mailbox service. Both the guy who owns the shop (with whom I'm familiar and I know wouldn't prank me) and the clerks at the post office say there's nothing weird going on.

    I'm wondering: is there any kind of law you can break in the U.S. or anything you can forget to pay (not my taxes; that's taken care of) where they can punish you by withholding your mail?

    Is there *any* reason (other than suspicion of terrorism) that the post office can CHOOSE to not deliver your mail?

    I'm seriously worried about this.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

    phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

    Get it right, people.

  7. #7
    Better than Icecream! Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    9,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I use a mailbox service. Both the guy who owns the shop (with whom I'm familiar and I know wouldn't prank me) and the clerks at the post office say there's nothing weird going on.

    I'm wondering: is there any kind of law you can break in the U.S. or anything you can forget to pay (not my taxes; that's taken care of) where they can punish you by withholding your mail?

    Is there *any* reason (other than suspicion of terrorism) that the post office can CHOOSE to not deliver your mail?

    I'm seriously worried about this.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

    well if the Post office are saying everything is ok I wouldn't start worrying too much just yet. Give it a few more days.

  8. #8
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Posts
    9,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    well if the Post office are saying everything is ok I wouldn't start worrying too much just yet. Give it a few more days.
    I'll give it until Tuesday. If nothing comes through the pike by then, then there's definitely something wrong.

    I've never gone so much as three days without something arriving in the mail...a bill, junk mail, SOMETHING.

    To get nothing for seven straight days (six if you discount Sundays), and have three packages that are seriously late has me worried.

    The problem is: if the post office is saying they've got nothing, I won't even know who to turn to if there's some funny business going on.

    In theory, however, it can't happen, can it...somebody intercepting ALL my mail for an entire week? Why would anyone do it? How would they do it? Wouldn't they be breaking all kinds of federal laws? And why would they take even my junk mail?

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

    phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

    Get it right, people.

  9. #9
    Better than Icecream! Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    9,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'll give it until Tuesday. If nothing comes through the pike by then, then there's definitely something wrong.

    I've never gone so much as three days without something arriving in the mail...a bill, junk mail, SOMETHING.

    To get nothing for seven straight days (six if you discount Sundays), and have three packages that are seriously late has me worried.

    The problem is: if the post office is saying they've got nothing, I won't even know who to turn to if there's some funny business going on.

    In theory, however, it can't happen, can it...somebody intercepting ALL my mail for an entire week? Why would anyone do it? How would they do it? Wouldn't they be breaking all kinds of federal laws? And why would they take even my junk mail?

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

    It does sound a bit disconcerting. To not even get any junk mail is kinda weird.
    But as you say wait until Tuesday and if your letter you posted to yourself doesn't even come then go back to the PO. If they can't help you tell them you want to be referred to someone that can.

  10. #10
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Posts
    9,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    It does sound a bit disconcerting. To not even get any junk mail is kinda weird.
    But as you say wait until Tuesday and if your letter you posted to yourself doesn't even come then go back to the PO. If they can't help you tell them you want to be referred to someone that can.
    Yeah...I figure that if all else fails to come, then at least the bills and the junk should. It's like I don't exist anymore.

    Sure hope that at least that letter I mailed to myself gets through.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

    phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

    Get it right, people.

  11. #11
    Better than Icecream! Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    9,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yeah...I figure that if all else fails to come, then at least the bills and the junk should. It's like I don't exist anymore.

    Sure hope that at least that letter I mailed to myself gets through.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    If you don't get any...and you're having trouble sorting it out....you might need to check with your billing companies that you don't owe anything. You don't want to end up getting cut off for anything.

  12. #12
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Posts
    9,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    If you don't get any...and you're having trouble sorting it out....you might need to check with your billing companies that you don't owe anything. You don't want to end up getting cut off for anything.
    Yep. Have plans to do that if I don't get anything by Tuesday.

    But I really wonder: IS there any legal reason the U.S. Postal Service would withhold a person's mail...and NOT contact that person?


    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

    phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

    Get it right, people.

  13. #13
    indie snob Brandon Hanvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,529

    Default

    Maybe the mail carrier is putting your mail in the wrong mail box or at the wrong address?

  14. #14
    Can I Wipe Your Forehead? DeadLast Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    IronForge.
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It's gotten so unsettling that I sent myself an envelope with a blank sheet of paper in it just to see if it comes back to me. I dropped it in the mailbox an hour ago, so if it doesn't come back to me by Monday afternoon, then something stinks.
    This is the funniest thing I've heard/read all day.

  15. #15
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Posts
    9,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Maybe the mail carrier is putting your mail in the wrong mail box or at the wrong address?
    I get my mail at one of those private mail box companies. Dozens of other people share that address, and nothing weird is happening to their mail, just mine.

    The mail carrier could make that mistake with an item or two, sure, but an ENTIRE WEEK's worth of mail?


    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive! )
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

    phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

    Get it right, people.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •