Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Project CBRunway 4: Challenge 4

CHALLENGE 4: 攻擊星座

This is Project CBRunway. You're either in or you're out. Who will be CBR’s next big comic character designer?

Good morning, designers. Welcome back to the runway.

In Chinese astrology the zodiac of twelve animal signs represents twelve different types of personality. The zodiac traditionally begins with the sign of the Rat, and there are many stories about the Origins of the Chinese Zodiac which explain why this is so. In Chinese astrology the animal signs assigned by year represent what others perceive you as being or how you present yourself.

For your next challenge you must design a superhero or supervillain costume based on a sign of the Chinese zodiac.

HOWEVER, a sign may only be chosen once. Each sign has been randomly assigned a number between (1) and (12). Designers will choose their sign by posting their pick of a number between (1) and (12), upon which the sign they've picked will be posted and added to the list below. Numbers may be picked only once, on a first come, first served basis.

You will be judged on originality and creativity, and how well your costume represents the sign you choose without being too literal. Your outfit may consist of natural or synthetic materials.

All submissions should include a written description of the costume, explaining, to the best of your ability, material, functionality, design inspiration, etc. As you are designing a costume you should not provide any type of character biography or origin.

Submission Requirements
    1. Artwork may be done in any medium but must be in color.
    2. Artwork may be no larger than 550-pixels wide and 800-pixels long.
    3. Entries must be inserted into your PM, using such services as Photobucket.com or imageShack.com. If you are unable to use such a service you may e-mail your entry and we will host the image for you for the duration of the competition.
    4. All submissions should include a written description of the costume, explaining, to the best of your ability, material, functionality, design inspiration, etc. Some rounds may have additional written requirements.
    5. Write-ups are to be no longer than a single PM, which is limited to 5,000 characters, including your image address and all formatting and image tags.
    You have only five days, through Midnight PDT of Monday, March 30, to Private Message (PM) me your entries for this week’s Challenge. Be sure to select “Request a read receipt for this message” in the Additional Options section before sending. Failure to complete a challenge will result in immediate elimination from Project CBRunway. There will be no extensions or exceptions.

Post any questions, comments, or concerns about this challenge in this thread. The voting thread will be posted this coming Tuesday.

Designers, make it work!

And non-contestants, as we don't want your work to inspire our contestants, please Play Along at Home by either choosing a sign of the Western zodiac or waiting to post your Chinese zodiac signs until after the contestant submission period has ended!

Designer / Sign (#):
    deanlegion / Ram (1)
    Affinity / Ox (2)
    spaghettikiss / Rooster (3)
    Manon / Tiger (4)
    Kid Icarus / Pig (5)
    mthemordant / Snake (6)
    End of Time / Dog (7)
    Aljira / Dragon (8)
    CBrown / Rat (9)
    LewMoxinsghost / Rabbit (10)
    escapegoat / Horse (11)
    Gene M. / Monkey (12)
    Last edited by mattbib; 03-26-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Number 12 please.
    I'm doing a drawing for every DMAX thread!

Most recent drawing: Longshot

Quote Originally Posted by Gene M. View Post
    Number 12 please.
    You have chosen: MONKEY

Personality: Inventor, motivator, improviser, quick-witted, inquisitive, flexible, innovative, problem solver, self-assured, sociable, polite, dignified, competitive, objective, factual, intellectual. Can be egotistical, vain, selfish, reckless, snobbish, deceptive, manipulative, cunning, jealous, suspicious.

Number 1, please!

Quote Originally Posted by deanlegion View Post
    Number 1, please!
    You have chosen: RAM

Personality: Righteous, sincere, sympathetic, mild-mannered, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, compassionate, understanding, mothering, determined, peaceful, generous, seeks security. Can be moody, indecisive, over-passive, worrier, pessimistic, over-sensitive, complainer, wise.

# 11 please : )

Number 3 please
    Check out my site:
    SPAGHETTIKISS.COM

Comics / Apparel / Illustration
    SpaghettiKiss' Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by escapegoat View Post
    # 11 please : )
    You have chosen: HORSE

Personality: Cheerful, popular, quick-witted, changeable, earthy, perceptive, talkative, agile mentally and physically, magnetic, intelligent, astute, flexible, open-minded. Can be fickle, arrogant, anxious, rude, gullible, stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by spaghettikiss View Post
    Number 3 please
    You have chosen: ROOSTER

Personality: Acute, neat, meticulous, organized, self-assured, decisive, conservative, critical, perfectionist, alert, zealous, practical, scientific, responsible. Can be over zealous and critical, puritanical, egotistical, abrasive, opinionated.

i'll have 8 please

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib View Post
    You have chosen: HORSE

Personality: Cheerful, popular, quick-witted, changeable, earthy, perceptive, talkative, agile mentally and physically, magnetic, intelligent, astute, flexible, open-minded. Can be fickle, arrogant, anxious, rude, gullible, stubborn.
    Yikes!
    Hooray for immunity!!!!

(Don't worry, I'll still put my best effort into it)

Quote Originally Posted by Aljira View Post
    i'll have 8 please
    You have chosen: DRAGON

Personality: Magnanimous, stately, vigorous, strong, self-assured, proud, noble, direct, dignified, zealous, fiery, passionate, decisive, pioneering, ambitious, generous, loyal. Can be arrogant, imperious, tyrannical, demanding, eccentric, grandiloquent and extremely bombastic, prejudiced, dogmatic, over-bearing, violent, impetuous, brash.

waaah. i knew it.

i hate it when my divination talent kicks in.

escapegoat.

i was born 1978...year of the Earth Horse. can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

Matt

Since this challenge requires that we design a costume only with no biography or origin in the write up do the same rules followed in the audition challenge apply? By that I mean no facial features, skin color, hair/facial hair, etc.? The costume should basically be on a blank mannequin?
    I'm doing a drawing for every DMAX thread!

Most recent drawing: Longshot

Numero 7 for me
    I went and made a webcomic...
    Saturn Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Gene M. View Post
    Matt

Since this challenge requires that we design a costume only with no biography or origin in the write up do the same rules followed in the audition challenge apply? By that I mean no facial features, skin color, hair/facial hair, etc.? The costume should basically be on a blank mannequin?
    Nope, that's not part of the rules for this challenge.

Feel free to include all that stuff, but I would strongly suggest not letting them be a focal point of your presentation. I think voters will be able to distinguish between the costumes versus the characters.