Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Club T-A-B-Y: Boom Boom Appreciation

Welcome to Club T-A-B-Y.

So you’re going round the internet, right? And you see this totally wicked-looking thread thing hanging round on your favourite forum, so you go into it. And then you see that it’s all about this Tabby-cat called Tabitha, and you’re like I want to know more about her? And you keep on reading it and then you find out that’s totally like brilliant and stuff? So you decide to write a comment and praise how good she is, and then other people see it and are all wow this person is just as interesting as I am. And then everyone is all friendly with each other apart from that one guy in the corner, who is taking all his clothes off and we’re all like what’s up with him? And it turns out that he’s being a predator so we back away.

You know Tabby, yeah? Tabitha Smith? Boomer? Boom Boom? Meltdown? From Nextwave? Yeah, you know her. This thread is all devoted to her and stuff. It’s like a sort of club where everyone can get to know her and be all happy that she exists. So, like, you wanna see what her Wikipedia page says, and everything? I can do that...

Name: Tabitha Smith
    Aliases: Time Bomb, Boom-Boom, Boomer, Meltdown, Firecracker, Tabby
    Species: Mutant
    Team Affiliations: Nextwave, X-Force, New Mutants, X-Terminators, Fallen Angels
    Abilities: Tabitha can create balls of psionic energy that explode with concussive force.

Created by Jim Shooter and Al Milgrom, the character first appeared in Secret Wars II #5 (November 1985). She next appears as a main character in the Fallen Angels limited series. This leads to her becoming a supporting character in the X-Factor series beginning with issue #11, which in turn leads to her becoming a member of the short-lived X-Terminators team in the X-Terminators limited series. Following this series, she appears as a member of the New Mutants for the remainder of the New Mutants title; the team then became X-Force and she remained a member of the team for most of the X-Force series. Some time later, she appears as a member of Nextwave throughout the Nextwave series.

She will blow up things and steal all your stuff. ZOMG and if you're a dinosaur in a dinner jacket you better not come knockin', cos Tabby will send you rockin'! She’ll be all ‘boom’ and it’ll look like this:

Links:
    The Meltdown Image Gallery
    Boomer' Key Storylines
    Wikipedia Page
    The Nextwave Theme
    Last edited by Seres; 03-22-2009 at 06:14 AM.
    X-Poster of the Month: November 2008

Rogue - Molly Hayes - The Host - Wallflower - Boom Boom - Veil - Mercury - Karolina Dean - Karma - Pixie - Hepzibah - Wind Dancer - Risque

The VIP Guest-List For Club T-A-B-Y:

Josef F - our special birthday Guest of Honour
    Swashbuckler - for it is he who provides us with hot scans
    James Asmus - writer, Manifest Destiny story
    Al Milgrom - artist, co-creator of Tabitha "Boom-Boom" Smith!
    Stuart Immonen - artist, redesigned her outfit when she joined 'Nextwave'
    Jim Shooter - writer, co-creator of Tabitha "Boom-Boom" Smith!
    Louise Simonson - writer, established her character and wrote her into 'New Mutants'
    Walter Simonson - artist, created her signature sense of style

Denied Entry:

drwho - violation of rules 1 & 2.
    French-Canadians
    Police Officers.

Rules And Regulations Of The Club:

1: There will be no discussion for any comic-book appearances Boom-Boom has made since January 2009.
    2: No spoilers!
    Last edited by Seres; 03-22-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Rogue - Molly Hayes - The Host - Wallflower - Boom Boom - Veil - Mercury - Karolina Dean - Karma - Pixie - Hepzibah - Wind Dancer - Risque

T A B Y,
    You Aint Got No Alibi, You're Taby, Hey Hey, You're Taby.

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

Boom Boom is one of my all-time favorite characters. I would like to request membership in this club. Thank you for your consideration.

BANNED

I would like her to be in the fight against the Sisterhood. It would be amusing to see Spiral and Lady Deathstrike dancing jigs to avoid bomb-in-face. Boom Boom v. Lady M would also be entertaining. How do you use illusions to confuse the one X-Man who doesn't use her brain?

I would like to see her be used as an interrogator. She would be instrumental in gathering intelligence from the current prisoners being held at the Graymalkin Facility. Donald Pierce, Sebastian Shaw, and even Danger would be powerless to resist her verbal assault.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by timbox View Post
    I would like to see her be used as an interrogator. She would be instrumental in gathering intelligence from the current prisoners being held at the Graymalkin Facility. Donald Pierce, Sebastian Shaw, and even Danger would be powerless to resist her verbal assault.
    That didn't quite work out when she went to visit Sabretooth.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    There were side effects from Forge's power dampeners. And Boom Boom is not a doctor, how is she supposed to tell when someone is faking being a vegetable?

Best issue of X-force ever? When Cannonball tells off Prof. X with the "open hand vs. closed fist" thing, and when Boomer pulls an extreme makeover on the cast. I LOVED those new costumes, especially Tab's. Made me wanna chew bubble gum.
    Facebook!- http://www.facebook.com/wesley.ryan.754
    5 Fave Comics: Avengers, X-Factor, G I Joe, Uncanny Avengers, Young Avengers
    5 Fave Peeps: Cannonball, Dazzler, Living Lightning, Rictor, Arachne

I <3 Tabitha Smith and all that she represents. This is a wonderful club and I would be honored if given entry.
    Psylocke

Boom Boom is one of my all-time favorite characters. I would like to request membership in this club. Thank you for your consideration.
    Everyone is allowed entry to the lounge. However, a pass to the VIP area has to be earned.

I would like her to be in the fight against the Sisterhood. It would be amusing to see Spiral and Lady Deathstrike dancing jigs to avoid bomb-in-face. Boom Boom v. Lady M would also be entertaining. How do you use illusions to confuse the one X-Man who doesn't use her brain?
    I agree! Boom-Boom is a must for this battle! She is immune to telepathy, she is a key player in any battle. Cyclops is a smart and tactical leader - what could be more tactical than sending her in as a secret weapon to perform sabotage on opponents before a battle is begun? She is untraceable by psychic networks, so as long as Cyclops remembers to confiscate her mobile phone.

Sabretooth is the one character with less of a brain than Tabby. She would make a great interrogator! She could come in and play good cop and be friendly and flirty and hello boys hiiiiiii but then she can walk out the room, put on her kneelength red boots, and go BOOM at them and be bad cop. She would also make a good receptionist.

Someone bake a cake with boom boom on it and send is asap.

it worked for quasar

Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Seres View Post
    Everyone is allowed entry to the lounge. However, a pass to the VIP area has to be earned.
    What is my mission?

Quote Originally Posted by The M.E. View Post
    Best issue of X-force ever? When Cannonball tells off Prof. X with the "open hand vs. closed fist" thing, and when Boomer pulls an extreme makeover on the cast. I LOVED those new costumes, especially Tab's. Made me wanna chew bubble gum.
    These issues were probably where I started to like Cannonball more - it made him less soldier-y and more person-y. Do you think Cannonball/Boomer should be revived as a couple?

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    I <3 Tabitha Smith and all that she represents. This is a wonderful club and I would be honored if given entry.
    The Club would be honoured to have you as part of our clientele!

What is my mission?
    I have no idea. I'll check with James Asmus.
    (does anyone have any other suggestions for VIP members?)

While i LOVED Sam & Tabby together back in the day, I like them better apart now. I was really hoping for a New Mutants issue where Tab comes in as the sassy ex girlfriend with her new Nextwave attitude.
    Facebook!- http://www.facebook.com/wesley.ryan.754
    5 Fave Comics: Avengers, X-Factor, G I Joe, Uncanny Avengers, Young Avengers
    5 Fave Peeps: Cannonball, Dazzler, Living Lightning, Rictor, Arachne