Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mephisto's deal

Question Mephisto's deal

Hi, i have a question regarding the effectsof one more day. At the beginning it seemed that the past had been changed but after Joe Quesada told in some interviews that it was the memory of everybody who was changed not the past. But nothing has been explained in the ASM book.

Do you know if there will be a story arc this year explaining the true and the false in this change and the deal Mary Jane did with Mephisto? Has Joe Q spoken about that?

Don't you think it would be good to have the "One More Day" answer in order to turn this page and to give Spidey really a new start?

I precise that I think that Peter Parker's life is much more interesting since brand new day (just a personnal opinion of course) and Mc Niven and Bachallo art are fu###ng great!!

It's already explained that Mephisto removed the marriage (and the pregnancy) like a stitch in time. The rest is intact. You will find out this year what happened the day he was to be married. The return of Harry has already been explained, it had nothing to do with Mephisto.

KAPOW! BOFF! THWACK! Endless Flight's Avatar

Are you sure we're going to find out this year?

They've strung everybody along for three years worth of issues!
    "DC editors in the sixties would have scoffed at the notion of a "brilliant" comic book. It was an oxymoron." - Jim Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Flight View Post
    Are you sure we're going to find out this year?

They've strung everybody along for three years worth of issues!
    No they haven't. If Amazing Spider-Man were a monthly with no satellite titles (and there's usually been a minimum of two since 1976), there would certainly be a different format to the narrative structure.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    No they haven't. If Amazing Spider-Man were a monthly with no satellite titles (and there's usually been a minimum of two since 1976), there would certainly be a different format to the narrative structure.
    36 issues of ASM and nothing close to an explanation...because Marvel were hoping that at this point the reader-base would have just accepted BND as cannon.

Whoopsie!

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    It's already explained that Mephisto removed the marriage (and the pregnancy) like a stitch in time. The rest is intact. You will find out this year what happened the day he was to be married. The return of Harry has already been explained, it had nothing to do with Mephisto.
    It's this part that is unclear to me. Timeline change or memories changed??

I don't know if someone at Marvel is really clear regarding this question

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    It's this part that is unclear to me. Timeline change or memories changed??

I don't know if someone at Marvel is really clear regarding this question
    Marvel keeps on saying that the marriage is changed, but the timeline remains the same.

So to me it's the memories that change a bit.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Wacker and Slott have both said ASM 600 will hold some answers. Id ask your question again after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Wacker and Slott have both said ASM 600 will hold some answers. Id ask your question again after that.
    Very good to know, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Very good to know, thanks
    no prob... we are unclear on what answers it will hold anyway. At first it was said it would contain the break up.... its been hinted to not contain that but instead the wedding day.... then neither.... then back to the break up.....

all we know for certain is a wedding will be in the issue..... (judging from a preview image of 598's cover..... I think i know who.)

So hold out till 600 and if not answered there then id question it again.

Here's something which I think will make it a whole lot easier for people to figure out what effect One More Day had on Spider-Man.

You will need:
    A complete collection of Spider-Man comics
    a word processor,
    paper
    a black magic marker
    a pair of scissors, excato knife, or razor blade,
    a glue stick.
    a pair of tweezers
    a staple remover
    a ruler
    a stapler
    and masking tape.

First, go back through all of your back issues of Spider-Man comics from the last twenty years. Find any and all references in the speech balloons and narrative boxes that make explicit references to Peter and Mary Jane being husband and wife and black them out with a felt tip marker. Next, go to your word processor and type various words like "boyfriend," "girlfriend," "lover," "fiancee," "partner,"--anything BUT "husband," "wife," "married," etc--and then print them out. Finally, cut the words you printed out with, and then carefully paste them over the words that you blacked out in your comics.

While you're at it, remove with the staple remover or carefully rip out using the ruler as an edge the last couple of pages of Amazing Spider-Man Annual from 1987 that show Peter and MJ actually tying the knot. Then, wait until what Marvel shows that was "supposed to happen on their wedding day" and staple those in there.

And don't forget to cut out any and all of those panels that talk about or show MJ being pregnant.

Other than those minor cosmetic changes, all your comics will look exactly the same.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 03-21-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

So only "some" answers eh?

Wow...is this going to turn out to be the longest stretch in ASM history for holding back an answer to a question that 50,000+ readers stopped caring about months ago.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyspodcast View Post
    So only "some" answers eh?

Wow...is this going to turn out to be the longest stretch in ASM history for holding back an answer to a question that 50,000+ readers stopped caring about months ago.

G.
    really? So we know if the baby lived or died in 616 continuity during clone saga?

really? So we know if the baby lived or died in 616 continuity during clone saga?
    What baby? Peter would never get someone pregnant out of wedlock!
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    What baby? Peter would never get someone pregnant out of wedlock!
    It's deja vu all over again here in the Spider-man forums.